How much would it cost monthly to be vegan?

I read a book called " Eat Vegan on $4 a day" (About ten bucks on Amazon.)

It is available on Amazon, and a quick read. The author provides some good advice on transitioning to veganism, and saving money. I believe if you stick to purchasing whole foods, and stay away from the processed counterparts you will be okay. I take advantage of farmers markets for certain items, like green leafy veggies. Also, I agree that bulk bins are very important. Lastly, you may consider joining Cosco/Sams because you can get large amounts for cheap. I don't think I can pin it down to an exact number since my protein requirements are a bit less. You may have to just try it for a few weeks to get a feel for what you spend. I found once I cut out the "extras" such as starbucks and pizza, I saved money overall. Good luck!

I'm eating all kinds of veggies, fruit, nuts, fortified organic soy milk, and probably missing something else but the bulk (pun intended) of my diet consists of legumes. I eat lots and lots of legumes throughout the day for my protein and carbs and I get a whole host of everything else nutrition wise from them as well. I was doing split peas, now I'm on a lentil trip. Next gonna try black eyed peas (that's the southerner in me), then maybe pinto beans, or a combination of beans.

I mainly get what I need at walmart. In fact my soy milk is Great Value brand and I was shocked to see it was 1) USDA certified organic and 2) so cheap!

My expenses come out to a little over $4 a day (about $130/month).

This is A LOT cheaper than my previous milk/meat based diet.

Can't really compare prices because I'm the UK and I think food costs are different over here... but my and my partner spend about £40 per week on food, so that works out around £160 per month for two of us - £80 each. Which is $51 per month per person. But on top of that I buy a protein powder, which is something like £25 for 2.5kg and that lasts a while...