Sherrie's Training Journal

Jan 21 Full Day POst

Meals-

B- Smoothies

Rise Bar and Kaia Foods sunflower chunks

L- Snacked on a few mango slices since I thought we would be going to the gym

D- Early- after my eye appt- Chili's: Veggie Fajita w/out dairy additives

Munched on chips and salsa

Workout- None. Very sore today (hard to get outta the car!) so took a rest day and went shopping (does that walking count?).

Bought some hand weights to start running with tomorrow

Happy weekend!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jan 22

Workout: 4.25 m run @ 42 minutes

3 of those miles with 3lb hand weights

Meals (so far)

Pre-Workout: Purefit bar and coffee

B- Green Smoothie with Amazing Grass, frozen strawberries and a banana

Next Meals: Tentative

L- Amy's Meal or salad with hummus and veggies

S- Larabar

D- Salad with veggies and beans

January 23

Yesterday went well. Snow Day today---AGAIN!!!!

Meals so far:

Coffee with splash of Chocolate Soy milk.

B- Green smoothie

Plans for the rest of the day-

L- Salad with beans and nuts

S- Rice cake with nut butter

D- Vegan Chili

Workout Plan:

I start my half mary training so today was supposed to be an off day but I am going to move my training this week since I have eye surgery Wednesday.

Sooo- today will be a three mile run with my weights.

Hi Karen!

I was supposed to have Lasik but they did another form instead which means a longer and more painful recovery. I had it yesterday. It's gonna get worse so this will be my last post until next week. Doctor told me no workouts for three weeks!!!! I asked about walking nect week and she said we would take it day to day but rest only these first days.

I am bummed but hoping for a great outcome.

So all you vegan athletes out there! It has been great posting and reading posts but I will have to put that on hold for a while,

SEE you all better later!

So I can see better! Yesterday was bad, bad, bad but today the doctor told me I am looking great and healing quick. So, Monday I am going to ask my limits to workouts and she what she tells me. Hoping to at least be able to walk/run, may lift a little...we shall see.

Meals have been sporadic due to my meds and naps. Little munches here and there. Gotta be real careful since I am not working out.

I did see that Vegan Essentials is having a sale on Vega stuff soon!

Hi Sherrie! Congratulations on your quick recovery! That speaks to your good health and the care you take for yourself! Yay! Make sure you eat well and don't rush yourself when it comes to exercise. And for now, enjoy those naps!! And yay for Vega sales! I plan to take advantage as well!

Have a happy day, Sherrie!

January 29

Thanks Karen! I am feeling good! I credit my vegan eating for my quick recovery as well

Yesterday went shopping with mom and sister...I consider this walking (cardio?) in heels so the calves go a good workout Plus some lifting of bags. I will get in the movement where I can!

Went to HuHot for lunch (veggies, veggie, veggies!)

Went to the Co-op and grabbed some dinner (vegan sandwich and kale salad) and groceries since mom and sister don't have anything like that where they live.

Looking for ward to maybe some easy workouts this week~

Jan 31 (Happy Birthday to Me!)

Yesterday I was able to get out and enjoy a 4.5 mile walk/jog!!! Yes!!

My meals have yet to get back on track. Being off work and not on schedule really throws a kink in things!

But, today, I am starting off right...green smoothie with Amazing Meal and a slice of potato bread with PB (my BDay treat).

Yesterday meals:

B- cereal and pro-biotic coconut stuff

L- Did I eat lunch?????????

S- Soy Latte

D- Veggie stir fry with tofu (made it for my hubby)

Looking forward to a great day...gonna sign up for a half mary in May and get my Vega from veganproteins.com

Happy Birthday, Sherrie!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day and a blessed year ahead!

Way to finish up the January NYNY Challenge strong! Let's keep going strong in February!!!!!!

I love VeganProteins and VeganEssentials! Super wonderful people running both those companies. Can't go wrong supporting them!

Have a wonderful birthday, Sherrie!

Thanks Karen! It was a wonderful birthday!

Feb 1 Log

First full day back at work since the surgery.

Meals: Smoothie

S- Smoothie

L- Veggie stir-fry leftovers, apple, and part vegan heart-cake

S- Sunflower seeds

D- Vegan chili with crackers

Vino

Workouts: None. Exhausted and headache from work. I need to be okay with this healing process but it is so frustrating! I really want to run but know it would only hinder healing.

Bootcamp tomorrow I hope!

Feb 2

Feeling good!

Not quite as tired after work so went to an hour of Bootcamp.

Meals:

B- Smoothie

S- None

L- Veggie stir-fry, apple, heart cake

S- Rice cake and sunflower butter

D- Vegan chili, chips (eh) and a few bites of cookie (promise- just a few)

I am setting a goal to lose 8 lbs this month.

WI- 160.0

Mmm, what's heart cake? Sounds delish!

Glad you're feeling better, Sherrie!

Good luck with your goal for February. Hope you'll stick around the forum and stay involved with the community, and hopefully journaling here can play an important roll in reaching your goal! And, personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with eating (vegan) cookies! As long as you've planned for the calories, enjoy!!!

Heart Cakes are sold at our local co-op. They are vegan and come in flavors such as chocolate, cranberry, apple, and peach. They have a lot of protein and nutrients and are a great snack. I actually discovered them a loooong time ago (before I even switched to a vegan diet) at a little community outside the city.

They are like an energy bar.

Website- www.suncakes.com Look under Heart Thrive

I am definitely going to stick around in February! You (Karen) have been a great cheerleader! I look forward to spending even more time here and taking better advantage of the resources on the site.

I also look forward to reading your journal as well...will you keep journaling Karen?

I also want to be more of a reader too...on this site

I am going to weigh in every Tuesday so I will keep posting my progress!

Friday: Workout- none...taking more recovery time until I get the "go ahead" from the doc.

Meals: Getting back on track much better now that I am in a routine.

B- Smoothie

S- none

L- vegan chili, apple

S- Picky Bar

D- Veggie Stir Fry (thanks hubby), PB cup (Justin's)

Movie Night!

Saturday:

Workout - Ran 3 miles on the mill (30:30)

Meals: B- Cereal and Coconut Probiotic (half the serving)

Gave Blood! I am an O- girl so I try to give as much as I can. Iron is always a trick for me...barely made it today (second try just made the cut). Helpful hints on getting my iron up?

Blood Pressure was 90/50 (lowest it's been according to my records at the Red Cross)

S- Animal Cookies (vegan according to the ingredients) and a Picky Bar

L- Met the hubby at the local grocery store buffett. Had a huge salad and some veggie sushi

S- None

Went to a movie with friends and had mango slices, nuts, and granola

D- Finished off my cereal from the morning

S- Had the rest of my mango,nut, granola mix and some vino.

So- goal for this week (after looking back on my posts): Cut back on the vino!

Today: I have a five mile run in a few hours

Breakfast was a green smoothie and coffee

Post workout will be a Picky Bar

Lunch: Heading to a friends' for the SuperBowl and made vegan chili with tempeh

Looking forward to a fun afternoon!

Thanks for the info on the Heart Cakes. I'll check 'em out!

Yay, glad you're planning to stick around the forum and keep journaling! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your progress and cheering you on! With regards to your workout on Saturday.... I dream of the day I can run 3 miles in 30 minutes! I'm doing the Couch-to-5K program right now and still have 5 or 6 more weeks till I'm supposed to be able to do that. Right now the 10 minutes I'm running is so challenging, so it's hard to imagine that I'll ever be able to easily run 30 minutes! Haha! But, I did sign up for my first 5K, so that's great motivation having that date set already.

Anyway, YES, I'll still be here journaling, so yes, please stop by and see what I'm up to. Knowing people read it makes me feel more accountable.

Hope your run today goes smoothly! And have fun at the SuperBowl party today!

~Karen~

OH! Also... As you may or may not have realized, I am one of the VB&F team members, and we received your email request to have your journal considered for the prize package eligibility for the New You for the New Year Challenge. OF COURSE you are eligible! You've done such an outstanding job through the January challenge, and hope you'll stick around the forum as previously mentioned. Robert and I will be assembling and shipping prize packages beginning next week, so be on the lookout for yours to arrive mid-month. Yay!!

~Karen~

Karen!!!!!!! That is awesome! I am thrilled to be able to keep following you, and know you are following me. It also helps to know you are watching me! Ha! You will be running 30 minutes before you know it...I started with running ten and walking ten so I can't wait to hear when you complete your first 5k!

I must say- I am also very thrilled to be expecting a package! I was beside myself for the few days when I couldn't see the computer screen and when I went out of town! Ugh!

I am really looking forward to reaching my Feb. goal. I am going to donate 5 dollars for every pound I am away from goal, to a children nutrition organization---could use a few ideas (just in case).

Anyway- today--Feb 6th

Small meals today. Stomach has been off and yesterday I ate "off"--not a ton just a little different.

B- Coconut yogurt, Amazing meal bar

S- Sunflower seeds

L- Rice cakes and Sunflower butter

S- Picky Bar

D- Leftover vegan chili and water

No snack. Early to bed. Exhausted.

Saw the eye doctor today. She said I am healing well but to be careful not to get too antsy and overdo it, so I am taking a rest day after my 5 mile run yesterday and boot camp tomorrow.

Weigh In in the a.m.!

Feb 7

Long day but hit the Bootcamp after work (1 hour) then went to the gym. I wanted to see if someone had turned in the iPod I left on the treadmill (no go- shattered my faith in my fellow gym-goers). then hit the treadmill for about 25 minutes. My training plan had 4 miles on it but my legs were pretty tired after bootcamp so I shortened it and will do four tomorrow.

Meals:

B- Smoothie

Snack- ?? Handful of sunflower seeds?? I think

Lunch: Apple, almond butter and rice cake

Pre-workout: Purefit bar

D: Vegan chili and crackers.

S- I just popped some popcorn and drizzled some agave and nutritional yeast on it. Yum!

I am so hungry but hoping the popcorn will help.

Great workout day!

Hopped on the scale. Down 159.6 (it's something)

kareno- the popcorn was yummeeee!

Thanks for the congrats

Feb 8 and 9

Meetings like crazy Wednesday so the day is a blur...except for the 4 mile run! Got er' done!!!

Today:

Meals- B: smoothie (with my awesome new Vega shaker)

S- Sunflower seeds

L- apple, rice cake and sunflower butter and vega shake n go

S- Purefit bar (pre-workout)

45 minutes at Bootcamp (left early to watch my students play b-ball)

D- Vegan chili, chips, and had some dates with nuts

Thinking I need a more substantial lunch to help with the hunger at dinner?

Feb 10

Workout: 4 mile run. Tough one tonight.

Meals:

B- Green smoothie

S- PickyBar and Vega Shake n Go smoothie (yum!)

L- Salad

S- Purefit Bar

D- Salad with black beans (yep- again)

Late snack- dried mango slices

Pretty uneventful day. Can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!!!

Feb 11and12

Saturday was a rest day so I had a gathering of friends, learned some new recipes and shared some vegan products.

Hubby and I went shopping, out to dinner, then a movie.

Meals:

Vega vanilla chai whole food optimizer with spinach, coconut milk, and a few pieces of frozen fruit. Uhhhh....yuuuuuuuummmmmm! Best smoothie ever!

Had some veggies, hummus, and a protein bar that a friend made with protein powder. Filling and good!

Not too hungry for the rest of the day.

Hubby and I hit a Mexican place for dinner but I just had some chips with beans.

Today:

Meals-

B: Purefit bar (per workout)

S: homemade protein bar

L: veggies and hummus, sushi

S: dried mango, larabar

D: half tofu sandwich from co op ith gluten free chips and beans

Ran 6 miles today

Work week here I come!