Carbs vs protein - help me, please!

Dewii

Hi, I need help with my diet! One year ago I ate similar amount of calories (sometimes a little bit less), but I didn't eat enough protein - I ate a lots of fruit, vegetables, oatflakes, muesli, homemade "healthy" desserts, etc - mainly carbs, then pulses, sometimes tofu and nuts&seeds. I ate only around 40 g of protein per day, sometimes even less. I was thin and I started to do workout - muscles grew although my protein intake was low.

Last few months I gained weight (10 kg), cause I started to eat more (I started to eat more protein and even carbs as well) and sometimes I ate too much - something out of it are muscles (I went to gym 4 times per week), but a lots of fat too. Now I want to lose weight and get ripped. I started to eat more protein (1,5 g per 1 kg - it's 81 g of protein for me) and cutted carbs (213 g). Do you think it's good for my goal? (Btw. I'm 5'6 tall and I weight 128 lbs, I want to lose only around 7 pounds jus to get more ripped and have less fat.)

Can I gain weight (not muscles of course, but fat) from protein? I red about "protein" and "carb" type of people, I think I'm carb type (I really miss fruit - now I don't eat more than 3 pieces of fruit per day), cause I was really thin even if I ate mainly carbs. But I'm scared that I will lose my muscles when I will eat as one year ago. Any help?

i think that if your goal is to get muscles so you need to build mass first and to build mass you need carbs. i think is normal to have extra fat, and you should start to worry about definition maybe later.

about calories.. what is your diet? you get supplements like protein powders? what is your goal? how is your training schedule?

i think that if your goal is to get muscles so you need to build mass first and to build mass you need carbs. i think is normal to have extra fat, and you should start to worry about definition maybe later.

about calories.. what is your diet? you get supplements like protein powders? what is your goal? how is your training schedule?

I want to lose fat and get ripped. I get only protein powders, I go to gym 4 times per week (I do classic exercise like squats,leg extension, dumbbell lunge, bench-press, skull crushers, standing calf raise, etc.) and then cardio for 30 minutes and I also do yoga 1 time per week.

My diet looks like: I eat oatmeal (40 g of oatflakes) with rice milk (100 ml), 200 g of fruit, nuts (10 g), raisins (10-15g), seeds (3 g), then If I was at the gym I have snack - 50 g of protein powder with water. Lunch is mostly brown rice (around 60 g of non-cooked) with pulses (100-150 g) and vegetables (150-450 g), afternoon snack is oatflakes with milk, nuts and fruit (50 g, sometimes 100 g). And for dinner I usually have salad (tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, lettuce, carrot...) with pulses and sometimes with nuts (or tahini dressing). When I wasn't at the gym that day I usually have second dinner - 25 g of protein powder with water.

i think you should re-check the diet at this point, because you work out hard and even make cardio.

actually you should get between 80 and 85 of protein daily if you weight 128lbs, i would suggest you to eat nuts and seeds only for breakfast or before to go to sleep. (i usually eat them in the morning) and it is not true you would have a small intake. 81 grams of protein per day are easy to reach.

pay attention to oils, sauces and stuff.

nuts and seeds are good fats but dont use them as first source of proteins, use legumes and tofu instead and be patient 2 weeks is nothing.

maybe you can start a journal in the right section and say to us how do you train and what do you eat and every 2-3 weeks calculate your body fat and let us know, when you feel like something went wrong try to understand why or maybe other guys here can give you more tips.

I thought caloric intake, not protein intake..the protein is good, but if I eat not much fat than I don't have enough kcal...I don't have problem to eat less fat, more likely the other way around - I'm trying to teach myself to eat more nuts, etc., but as I said I have a problem to have enough calories, when I don't eat more fat...I don't know if I can eat more carbs instead of so much fat - if it can help (I should eat around 40 g of fat, but obviously I eat only around 30 g) Why should I eat fat only for breakfast or before to go to sleep?

i think calories from carbs are easier to burn. try to take maybe good carbs, like cereas and potatoes.

the fat of nuts combined with carbs like oatflakes and fruits give a lot of energy to start the day and i think breakfast is the most important meal. and before to sleep because the fat goes directly in reserve so your body can use that energy during your sleep without waking you up hungy during the night (when you start to eat 6 times per day and working out you start to feel hunger cramps during the night).

a good breakfast meal could be:

100gr of oatflakes

50 gr of almonds

1 banana

1 apple

and jogurt

all together i think is at least 700 calories

Thank you a lot! I was scared to eat more carbs, cause a lots of people try to eat so little carbs as it's possible when they're trying to lose fat and get ripped. I will eat more carbs and less fat ) Btw. is there some minimum of fat I should eat per day? I don't know how much of fat should be good for me.