Belly and Chest Fat

Payne

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, if so, just point me in the right direction as I had a quick scan and couldn't see anything.

I'm really wanting to finally get rid of my belly and chest fat (boobs, moobs, whatever other term you wish to use for them). Any tips of things to maybe avoid, or things to do more of? I squat, bench press and dead lift twice a week and am starting to vary my sets and reps every 3 or 4 weeks. I'm also starting to do pull ups (my 2014 challenge!), but other than this I don't really do anything too consistent in the gym. The gym I'm a member of doesn't have any weights machines, it's all free weights and functional stuff so I've got access to core bags, bulgarian bags, vipers, etc so I tend to do a mix of different exercises with this when I have the space. Otherwise I just do several rounds on a heavy bag. I don't mind building my chest up a ittle, but I don't want it too big as my frame is already quite large (if that makes sense!).

I also kickbox a couple of times a week so do try to keep active, but any other tips would be really appreciated.

Yo! Unfortunately there's no such thing as spot fat removal, fat tends to stick around the abdominal area so on e you start losing fat that's the last place you'll get rid of it . You're training sounds perfect though, squats deads bench etc are all you need with a bit of cardio! In regards to your "moobs" try a few different chest exercises incline and flys are good and push-up variations!

Anyways good luck! And if you have a journal il follow along you aren't too far from me geographically I've been to Peterborough a couple of times!

Cool. I find the biggest frustration, like last night, is never being able to gete on what I need to at the gym unless I go at silly hours which are just not feasible to sustain. So just ended up doing a load of bag lifts and runs and then some rounds on the heavy bag just to keep working.

It's good to know that they're the last places to lose fat from as I think they're the only places I really have fat left! That's not to say im all ripped and toned, just my gut and boobs are what's left! Tend to already do a few different variations on my press ups at kickboxing so need to keep them up.

Thanks for the pointers.

Oh, I am sorry about visiting Peterborough! Ha. It's not the nicest of places.

Just thinking, is it worth me chaning my lunch plans?! I tend to have a jacket potato with beans most days (no spread). I'm toying with changing back to cous cous and salad or making falafel to add to salad, but a jacket with beans is quite in expensive from the working canteen!

When i last checked my body fat with my PT i was 20.4%. Still a bit on the 'comfy' side you see!

Changing around my lunch at the moment. Moving away from a jacket potato and beans to spinach, kale, cous cous, tomatoes, peppers, just more salad orientated.