Wake up/Breakfast/Morning Gym Shake

Payne

I'm thinking of starting to go to the gym first thing on a Wednesday morning before work (about 6.30am). If I eat before exercise I usually like to leave myself an hour, however I don't want to be up at 5.30 and I don't fancy working out on an empty stomach. My breakfast is usually overnight oats with sultanas, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon.

My thinking at the moment is to have a shake before the gym, work out, then go to work and have my normal breakfast when I get to the office.

With this in mind, does anyone have a decent shake recipe I can make the night before preferably, leave in the fridge and drink when I get up. Limitations on this are I don't have any plain protein powder and I don't have a ton of ingredients at the moment so any suggestions may be for future reference.

I have plenty of kale, spinach and bananas at home at the moment. I have some almond butter and some impact whey protein (apple pie and custard flavour!!!) I'm finishing off before I get a vegan powder. I also have some walnuts and pumpkin seeds. I appreciate this probably won't help much on this occasion, but you never know!

Cheers in advance.

I had a quick look the other day before posting but was after something I coul dhave made for this morning and I didn't have access to all the seeds and such. I'll go back over those recipes now and stick some of the bits on my shopping list next time and give them a whirl!

Cheers!!

before the gym- i go to workout at 9am- i make a big breakfast before. but if you have no time you should try energetic shakes, so put in the shake: nuts(or if your blender is not strong enough put nuts butter-almondbutter, peanut butter etc), banana, soy-ricemilk and protein powder. are a good combination of fats as reserve, carbs as energy and proteins.

That's great thank you. Our blender seems to have an issue with frozen fruit or anything too hard. It manages to unclip the blades, but I've got a coffee grinder I can use to grind up my nuts. We usually have bananas and have almond milk instead of soya. So once I get a new plain protein powder, I'll give this receipe a go.

Will just have to play about with the quantities/ratios of each.

Thank you very much!!

I try and have a 'pea' based protein shake first thing in the morning, the flavour is a bit different to any other whey you would have had, but you definitely get used to it - I've been using this one recently http://www.sncdirect.com/reflex-nutrition-vegan-protein.html

I have it with a banana and some oats and then have it again with same ingredients straight after my workout