High Starch Diet

Hi all,

I am new here, but have been a fan of this site for several years, since going vegan. I am sure we all get sick of hearing the question ''where do you get your protein'', so I have recently completed a 3 week experiment to show how easy it is.

I ate about 3 kgs of potatoes, and a small amount of walnuts, spinach and brazilnut to see what would happen with my weight and blood sugar levels. I lost nearly 4.5 kilos of body fat, without any significant loss in muscle and an increase in strength. My fasting blood sugar was lower after 2 and 1/2 weeks than at the beginning, but went up after the last few days when I deviated a bit from the plan.

There are many fruit-based athletes and so I wanted to see what happens when a high glycemic starchy food was the staple. If you are curious about more of my experience check out the videos I have made to track what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh88iwK9AXCcs5jbsAKB6pw

Thanks to all the great vegan athletes who are one of the best evidences I can use to show plant-built physiques are no more inferior! I hope to learn a lot from the rest of you as my training is quite mediocre!