Top Posters In This Topic

WEDNESDAY 25th JUNE

AVONHEAD PARK RUN

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3560

RUN: COMFORTABLE

SHOES: BROOKS 'GHOST'

INTENSITY: 5.5/10

MP3:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ef/Christina_Perri_-_Head_or_Heart_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png/220px-Christina_Perri_-_Head_or_Heart_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png

DIST: 7.67km

TIME: 37:24

CALORIES: 557 (893cal/hr)

MIN ALT: -177ft

MAX ALT: 144ft

AVE SPD: 12.3kph

AVE PCE: 4.52'/km

MAX SPD: 16.39kph

MAX PCE: 3.39'/km

** At least I got a sweat on during this up-and-down run, legs felt pretty empty but there were moments where I felt good. Kept it short as I'm aiming to get out for another run after work tonight

Hey buddy, how are you doing? That food looks delicious! Everything cool w/ the store? Saw that some old lady crashed your setup. Did you chase her down and give her the 'what for'?? haha

Haha, yeah I saw the funny side. She really had no idea she knocked over a whole display cabinet and then when she ran over it on the way out she started whinging about her new mobility scooter being a waste of money because the old one rode smoother!

Shop is doing great thanks, funny thing is we haven't even started to break into growth yet. I think when we do that we will likely be probably number one or two nationwide which is bloody good. Doesn't get much better than that aye MF.

1270474938_Storerankings.jpg.a4c7712aea6b423b4b0cff75868631c4.jpg

THURSDAY 25th JUNE

SHORT LOOP

RUN: UNFORCED TEMPO

INTENSITY: 6.5/10

MP3:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/04/Chickenfoot_Live.jpg/220px-Chickenfoot_Live.jpg

Chickenfoot - LV

*1km WARMUP ~ 4:45*

DIST: 5.13km

TIME: 22:59

CALORIES: 374 (976cal/hr)

MIN ALT: -33ft

MAX ALT: 141ft

AVE SPD: 13.38kph

AVE PCE: 4.29'/km

MAX SPD: 18.85kph

MAX PCE: 3.10'/km

** A nice fast-paced run before I picked the kids up from the in-laws house. Felt really good tonight and this wasn't really pushing it. Had plenty left in the tank to go quicker which I can take some confidence from

SATURDAY 28th JUNE

TEMPERATURE: 0º F

AIRPORT LOOP, GRAYS ROAD

http://www.theironden.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6196&d=1403922428

PLANNED RUN: 5km EASY / 4km MODERATE / 4km TEMPO

INTENSITY: 7/10

MP3:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/04/Chickenfoot_Live.jpg/220px-Chickenfoot_Live.jpg

Chickenfoot - LV

BLOCK #1

TIME: 27:03

DIST: 5.221km

AVE PCE: 5.10'/km

BLOCK #2

TIME: 18:01

DIST: 3.846km

AVE PCE: 4.41'/km

BLOCK #3

TIME: 17:13

DIST: 3.891km

AVE PCE: 4.25'/km

TOTAL DIST: 12.96km

TIME: 1.02:19

AVE PCE: 4.48'/km

CALORIES: 1,012 (974cal/hr)

MIN ALT: 3ft

MAX ALT: 161ft

** A decent run, felt not too bad for the most part although I didn't have that extra gear over the last few km's. Felt like I was running slower than 4.25'/km... maybe that's why it was feeling hard though ?!

MONDAY 30th JUNE

TEMPERATURE: 10º F

SHORT RUN, FAST LOOP AROUND AVONHEAD PARK

v=150&src=app&cookie=fzwq2jT1PUc-2RsN3tpzyWEA2ZmckhqdeSHPiA&x=128357&s=&y=83164&z=17&s=Gal

PLANNED RUN: EASY RUN TO THE PARK / 1 x FAST LAP / COMFORTABLE PACE BACK HOME

INTENSITY: 6.5/10

MP3:

http://www.marillion.com/prodimages//prod/1482.jpg

Marillion - Live, Latin tour

BLOCK #1 (WARM-UP)

TIME: 15:55

DIST: 3.2km

AVE PCE: 4.58'/km

BLOCK #2 (1/2 MARATHON PACE)

TIME: 06:48

DIST: 1.587km

AVE PCE: 4.17'/km

BLOCK #3 (COOL-DOWN)

TIME: 08:49

DIST: 1.959km

AVE PCE: 4.30'/km

TOTAL DIST: 6.747km

TIME: 31:33

AVE PCE: 4.40'/km

CALORIES: 499 (948cal/hr)

MIN ALT: -7ft

MAX ALT: 141ft

** A nice short run, really felt good to open it up around the park. Big difference from a month or so ago where running averaging a 4.40'/km pace would feel pretty tough ~ not anymore

WEDNESDAY 2nd JULY

WEATHER CONDITIONS:

2°F, HEADWIND FOR FIRST 6km THEN RAIN & A CROSSWIND

ATTEMPT AT PB FOR MY REGULAR GRAYS ROAD LOOP

http://www.theironden.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6196&d=1403922428

RUN: AGGRESSIVE

INTENSITY: 9/10

MP3:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c9/Live_at_Luna_Park_Dream_Theater.jpg/220px-Live_at_Luna_Park_Dream_Theater.jpg

*1km WARMUP ~ 5:21*

DIST: 11.63m

TIME: 51:43

CALORIES: 881 (1,022cal/hr)

MIN ALT: 59ft

MAX ALT: 190ft

AVE SPD: 13.49kph

AVE PCE: 4.26'/km

MAX SPD: 19.08kph

MAX PCE: 3.08'/km

http://www.theironden.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6213&d=1404256857

** This was a tough run due to the conditions but really happy with it. The headwind on the way out took a bit more out of me which I noticed coming into the final few km's, I had to dig deep to finish fast and strong. Shaved nearly 2mins off my previous PB so I think this one will stand for a while !!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry guys, I am back. For some reason I haven't been able to log into the forum for months as it wasn't recognising my password and the activation emails weren't coming through to me!

So quick summary, I've had a few races (including the half marathon). I was happy with all of them apart from Auckland marathon at the start of November, I had major gut issues all day and I couldn't eat anything. I got the finish line fueled by Coke in the end *UGH* because I couldn't keep any food down. Finished that one in 3hr56 but not a great race by any means. The half marathon I just didn't have the speed to get close to 1hr30 although I was still really happy with my run ~ also was a new PB over that distance

Now in training for a tough 50km mountain run (it's ranked as an 18+ event due to it's dangers, difficulties etc). Must be tough as the course record is just inside 5hrs! That's not that fast (I ran a 50km race earlier this year and finished in 4hr45). Really looking forward to it, a big focus for me will just be getting out into the hills for some long runs and good amount of climbing. So that's what the coming months have in store for me I guess !! MF

443970550_HalfMarathonPB.thumb.jpg.bfc870240cd262fbcc27278d7c239b52.jpg

• 6 months later...
Hey dude! Good to see you're still kicking things around. If you had a PB in that race I suppose it truly was transcendent, no? Hope you and the family are well. How are things at the store?

Thanks !! Just tried logging in on the off-chance I would be allowed in and my password seemed to work this time haha. For some reason I haven't been able to log in at all this year

Yeah I was happy with how that half marathon went, averaged a 4.32'/km pace over the 21.1km so I can't grumble at that. Wheels felt like they were a little flat at the 17km mark but it was a case of staying strong and gritting it out until the finish line appeared.

How's things with you anyway? Hope you are well !! MF

Hahahahahaha. Family is fantastic, girls are growing up so fast! Our eldest just had her 9th Birthday last weekend...

CHX33rWVEAAZo6q.jpg

Business is good, shop seems to be doing okay although this year so far has been a little quieter than last year. Hopefully that will pick up soon though ~ Winter is always a strong time for most health shops! Thanks again for checking in

Forgot to say I did an insanely hard mountain ultra in January, 50km over a lot of ridiculous terrain. Here's my race review followed by a review by a Canadian girl I ended up running quite a bit of the race with

MF

"Well that was an absolute bitch of a race. Not sure of the total elevation gain due to my watch battery dying at around the 40km mark. Great race although a lot of it was unrunnable due to the crazy terrain, muddy bogs & near-vertical hill climbs comprised of rocks !! Temperatures reached 42°C in the valleys today so a lot of athletes came unstuck with cramp, dehydration etc. Some people got stretchered off due to them passing out, one guy broke his ankle and there were other various injuries we were told at the end. It was just a little over 8 hours of hell ~ having said that I hear there's talk of a 100km race next year which is strangely tempting..."

WANDA

"Got a ride with Miniforklift to pick up the shuttle to the start, which cost $50. That's no free shuttle to the race. Total rip off, but the only downside of the organization, rest was amazing. Fabulous volunteers and and stations and great prizes at the end. I was given a $500 Macpac gortex jacket because I was the Canadian girl.

As for the race it was great, but not much was runnable. The first climb was fine but the next two big ones were tough. With the last one being 6km from the finish. The downs were either grassy and steep where you could easily slip or skree with super tight switchbacks. I was having some stomach issues that slowed me down. It was also the hottest it has ever been for this race. So although much was like a dessert and the river crossing were quite low I managed to find a mud puddle and sink in waist deep and eat dirt. Puck!

We had an aid station at 17km and 33km. After the second AS I was told I was 4th female so I tried to chase down 3rd. But actually I was 5th and well behind 4th. However it was a great motivator. Trail was tough to figure out at times but i didn't get lost, everyone did an extra kilometer (this course was actually 51.5km).The race started with a crack of a whip and all first out-right got whips. I tried to get one. The lady wanted to give otherwise to me but the RD wasn't having. Great way to end my trip."

B8QgDKSCcAA4jhO.jpg

B_7cKunVEAAP-Ie.jpg

Hmmmmm, so I have been offered a spot in a 100km mountain run in January. Very tempting ~ so gym-wise I really need to focus on leg strength and muscular endurance

http://www.stjamesmountainsports.co.nz/assets/_resampled/600x364xresizedimage600364-100km-stampede.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mPH5l35D14.webp

http://www.stjamesmountainsports.co.nz/assets/_resampled/600x72xresizedimage60072-HC100-ev.PNG.pagespeed.ic.kDlAXU5Y-8.webp

I think I will drop in what I eat over the course of a day every now and then. This was from yesterday...

FLUID INTAKE

1.5l water

BREAKFAST

Muesli, 1 x pear, 1 x tbsp pea protein, almond milk

LATE MORNING

Coffee • Long black

2 x tsp coconut oil

LUNCH

Large salad w baby spinach, kale, cherry tomatoes, 1 x avocado, capers, beetroot, carrot & cashew nuts

Chickpea curry w quinoa

B-_C5EZUoAA4GxS.jpg

AFTERNOON

2 x kiwifruit, 1 x banana

DINNER

'Steak' pie w vegetable pilau rice

CCDhLgeWYAAD84d.jpg