Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

Discovered a vegan sorbet, dont remember the name but it is damn expensive $9 a pint but definitely worth it. My date and I ate it all during a 15 minute walk.... Its logo is a unicorn that has an ice cream cone for a horn, if you see it its worth trying. The flavor we got was chai coconut macaroon.

Tomorrow is hump day but im going to make it a shoulders, back and chest day.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling good. Blown away by how much more I work my whole body when doing pushups holding dumb bells than without.

Starving, I need to eat more, like lots more.

Nuts and seeds, I have had a lot less of both in my life lately, I gotta get back to having them on hand.

Getting my thrusts on as well as planks.

Going to check out hot yoga tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

DC/Baltimore road trip was epic. I would definitely recommend Smoke & Barrel in DC if you visit. They have delicious vegan bbq ribs and vegan ice cream and sweet potato doughnuts. Their sweet potato fries were amazing as well.

Does anyone incorporate fitness into sex? Plants, pushups, crunches, I feel like yoga and kamasutra would go hand in hand.

Must stop eating vegan rice pudding....

Home workout day, pushups plants curls, wall squats, jumping jacks, crawls, crunches, burpies

conquering fear tomorrow and donating blood for the first time... I'll let you all know if I survive! "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood" -Dodgeball

I made 2 different vegan sloppy joes in a meat vs veg cook off. It kind of ended in a draw but I won over some meat eaters taste buds so I consider it a win.

Soccer is going well we are first place in my outdoor league 3 wins and 1 tie so far this season.

Its a squats day followed by veg lasagna followed by Kevin Pearce movie premiere night!

Got another win. Still undefeated and in 1st place with 4 wins and 1 tie. I'm pretty stoked my soccer teams always do decent but we never win championships. I think this might be the season!

Peanut butter coconut spread, yum, have you tried this yet? I just devoured so many apples dipped in it.

Today is an arms, back, and core day. Keep pushin' all!

Went running yesterday for the first time in months.... and I felt my pecs jiggle for the first time in my life....ruh roh scoob, am I getting man boobs? No way, not possible. Okay, guess today is a chest day!

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, holiday weekend consisted of way too much vegan ice cream and beer... on the plus side my gf is now pretty well converted from regular ice cream to vegan ice cream. Soy ice cream from trader joes, the cherry chocolate chip is ridiculously good, big chunks of cherries in it.

It will be a good day for a run and some light at non-gym work out of push ups and planks

Won a bet with my gf and she had to cook a deluxe version of vegan nachos for us last night. Oh my stomach is still telling me I ate too much the next day... that daiya cheese makes a good nacho and she covered it in beans and veggies. Winning tastes so good!

As soon as my stomach calms down its a leg day today. Trying to hit those calves hard.

Sunday Sunday Sunday. Soccer playoffs. We are going into them as the 1st place seed. I'll let you know how we do. Looks like I'll have 3 games today if I win the first two. Definitely makes up my workout for the day.

PS - confirmation from two meat eaters that trader joes soy cherry chocolate chip ice cream is better than most regular ice creams they've had. So yeah, I'm converting people left and right. Hey you, get your mouth off of that utter!

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news, my undefeated #1 team lost in the first round of the playoffs....ugh disappointing.

But I started a new season with a new team Sunday, got off to a great start with a win....just wish I had used sunscreen cuz my face is peeling today.

Its an arms, shoulders, and back day. Hope everyone who reads this is doing well!

About to grub down these sweet potatoes stuffed with mango salsa.

• 2 weeks later...

My team is now 3-0 we won last week 4-2 and I had 1 goal and 1 assist. We play again tomorrow.

Anyone know much about fatigue vs training when you have a job where you have to be on your feet all day or walk long distances or something similar and how to work your training and rest around that?

Vegan BBQ with sweet potatoes, coleslaw, baked beans, and edamame salad. Boom.

Today is vegan pizza day. I have about 3 hours left in the day to go grab me a slice!

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been so exhausted and also havent had the time to eat as much as I should be. However when my game came around on Sunday, I ran a good distance in the heat to the game and still didn't get fatigued during the game.

I am definitely losing muscle mass though but at least I dont seem to be losing strength or endurance.

My soccer team is now 6-0! woop woop. Feels good at the top.

Loving summer time. Lots of fruits in my diet. Mass cherries, peaches, and watermelon mmmm.

Much needed arms day. I've been walking so much lately that I've been too fatigued to motivate myself to lift.

New meal: Polish-Indian fusion - Green curried lentils, broccoli and sauerkraut. Not only delicious but the sauerkraut helps the body to digest the lentils better, more nutrient absorption and less gas!

• 2 weeks later...

Big win this weekend 15-2 yes in a soccer game... I had a hat trick too! We are still undefeated, 2 games left until playoffs.

Sunscreen thoughts? Seems to be a popular debate, don't use too much it blocks out the good vitamins, don't use too little get cancer, do use the kinds with harmful chemicals they cause cancer while youre trying to prevent cancer.... haha Ive mostly been using it on my face and my tattoos and leaving the rest of my canvas open for absorption.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're reading this and you know please let me know, tumeric, is it effective in powder form or only fresh?

Sunday is soccer playoffs. My team ended the season in 1st place with 7 wins and 1 loss (I wasn't at the game we lost).

Can't wait it will be a good first round, the 8th place team we beat 4-2 during the season but we will be without our best player so it won't be a cake walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable loss 3-4 in extra time in the first round of the playoffs...ugh. I think I need a lesson on shot fakes and cutting. Anyone know of any good online soccer training vids?

Got these bcaa amino hd 1000 supplements but I cant see if they are vegan and I heard after I got them that some are made from animal hair. Anyone know this info? Heard of the brand Diet Standards?

Getting my dairy fiend gf to try coconut milk yogurt and rice milk ice cream sandwhiches, big wins.

Struggling a little with a foot injury, slowing me down on the soccer field, I think I'll take some time off and let it heal.

Bought some cold pressed raw organic flax seed oil and realizing its incredibly easy to squirt some on to the majority of dishes that I eat to add some extra omega 3, 6, 9 in my diet.

No exorcise the last few days except for walking, sex, and some push ups when I wake up in the morning. Tomorrow I'll do an arm day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sweet dude, have you made any turmeric tea? Just water and turmeric powder. 1 cup hot water to 1tbsp turmeric. Tastes a lot like ginger... That's what I meant when I said I used it for sore throats.

I'm a little surprised you can't find it at even a regular grocery store. Seems like it should be a pretty easy find.

• 3 weeks later...

The powder is easy to find, but finding it fresh is the hard part. I'm not a fan of hot drinks so I think ill stick with just adding it to stuff while cooking.

New workout regiment: number of workouts must be equal or greater than number of beers drank. Doing well so far, past 2 weeks I have had 8 workouts and only 6 beers.