Cheapest foods for bulking?

I've been eating the same cheap bulking foods for some time now and have become quite bored of them even though I still continue my best to consume them. Currently I'm mainly eating:

Brown rice, legumes, peanut butter, bananas, soy milk, whole wheat pasta with textured vegetable protein, spinach, green peas, whole wheat bread with earth balance/peanut butter, cereal and coffee. Not much variety and I'm hoping to come across some more cheap foods or meal recipes that can keep me entertained while I try to bulk up.

There's plenty in there, how can you get bored?

Look into herbs and spices to season your food. Nutritional yeast works very well too to drastically alter the taste of your food, as well as being a source of protein, iron ans B vitamin.

Try different nut butters: almond, cashew, etc.

Try different cereals: millet, rye, buckwheat.

Just keep your eyes open when shopping, you'll realise there's plenty of stuff to try.

hummus: 1 can drained garbanzo beans, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 T raw sesame seeds, 1 T olive oil, the juice of 2 lemons, salt, pepper, and cumin. Whirl it in the food processor and serve with whole wheat pita pieces or cut vegetables for dipping.

greek-style green beans: saute an onion in olive oil and garlic, add 1.25 kg of fresh green beans, 1 16 oz can of tomatoes, 2T of fresh parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover with water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes, have this with brown rice or potatoes

aloo gobi: cauliflower-potato curry, this would be good with yellow or red split peas

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/cauliflower-and-potatoes-aloo-gobi-recipe.html

pad thai: http://www.peta.org/recipes/easy-vegan-pad-thai/

There's plenty in there, how can you get bored?

Look into herbs and spices to season your food. Nutritional yeast works very well too to drastically alter the taste of your food, as well as being a source of protein, iron ans B vitamin.

Try different nut butters: almond, cashew, etc.

Try different cereals: millet, rye, buckwheat.

Just keep your eyes open when shopping, you'll realise there's plenty of stuff to try.

I'm a huge fan of nutritional yeast and use it in the majority of my dishes, it does add a great unique flavor and nutrition that I've never gotten tired of yet. I'll try some different cereals that you mentioned seems like they could be tasty.

hummus: 1 can drained garbanzo beans, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 T raw sesame seeds, 1 T olive oil, the juice of 2 lemons, salt, pepper, and cumin. Whirl it in the food processor and serve with whole wheat pita pieces or cut vegetables for dipping.

greek-style green beans: saute an onion in olive oil and garlic, add 1.25 kg of fresh green beans, 1 16 oz can of tomatoes, 2T of fresh parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover with water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes, have this with brown rice or potatoes

aloo gobi: cauliflower-potato curry, this would be good with yellow or red split peas

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/cauliflower-and-potatoes-aloo-gobi-recipe.html

pad thai: http://www.peta.org/recipes/easy-vegan-pad-thai/

As much as I've heard of vegans eating hummus, I've always bought pre made brands that never seem to have that much protein, I definitely want to make some homemade with the recipe you listed. The green beans also sound very tasty. The cauliflower potato curry and pad thai both are very delicious sounding dishes that appear to be cheap as well, will try!

• 3 weeks later...

you get bored not because of what you´re eating but because of how you´re eating it... with those ingredients you can make many many different dishes... only rice is so versatile... learn to cook... buy a couple of books and try things

i dont think broccoli is very good for bulking, not very calorie dense, and is quite filling

anyway, one sort of recipe i like to make, 1 tin mixed beans, mixed with tomato passata, or other tomato base, spoonfull of coconut cream, add some frozen spinach, and nuke (low power thaws the spinach better, but doesnt matter much), add chopped chilli (the jarred variety, has a different taste to fresh stuff), sometimes add spices like paprika, or garam masala.