what to eat on rest days?

Aloxis

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if u eat different on rest days. I´ve read it´s good to go higher on protein and lower on carbs on rest days. If so, what kind of things do you eat? for meat eaters is easy but without meat I cant figure out how to eat low carb.

thanks

Maybe big green salads, cooked spinach or kale in replacement of carbs like rice. Probs going to lower your calories a bit though. From the information i've read, a lot of nutrition principles that apply to meat eating bodybuilders or athlettes, require a differnt approach for vegans. Personally i stay high carb all the time, mainy from fruit and sweet potatoes. I've found im getting much more lean than i was on a high protein and fat diet.

• 2 weeks later...

thanx, could u post more or less what u eat? I must be quite careful because i´m skinny fat so if I eat a little too much i get belly fat fast, very fast, and if i eat too little i lose the little muscle i have...

• 1 month later...
thanx, could u post more or less what u eat? I must be quite careful because i´m skinny fat so if I eat a little too much i get belly fat fast, very fast, and if i eat too little i lose the little muscle i have...

I have that issue with my belly too! It happens super, super fast to me, usually around the holidays when I eat more and am lazier. Or snacking too much .