Protein completeness

Daniel_T

For protein completeness, do nuts and seeds complement legumes or do they complement grains.

What ratios of grams of proteins should I have from these three groups?

I currently eat a lot of chia seeds, oats, and lentils or peas. I also eat seven servings of fruits and vegetables a day. I only eat whole foods except my B vitamin supplement.

What should my ratios be?

Giving your post a 'bump'.

I don't have a specific answer myself. When in doubt, I'd go with things in 'moderation'.

While these are all sources of protein, they also bring different things to the table in the fats, omega's, fiber, carbs and such.

I do know, rice and beans makes a complete protein profile and tastes great. I can also make up a pot of quinoa/beans/lentils/spinach/peppers/onions that has to be pretty complete and is tasty. Eat that for breakfast, or a breakfast bowl (oats/peanut butter/chia if you like/pumpkin in my current flow/some flaxseed...), sensible lunch. Some nuts/seeds to nibble on as the day goes by....without worrying too much about ratios, I think you'd be hard pressed to come up short in your nutrition profile.

Generally, protein 'needs' gets over hyped and marketed, pervasive and hard to resist...

Just my thoughts....