Get Ripped or Die Trying

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bud, hows it going? Hope everything ok, its hard to keep a good dude down.

Best

Rob

I've been better man. Honestly, I'm in the mood for something new and I thought I had something lined up but it didn't work out which was a real bummer. I'll keep looking I guess hopefully something will work out.

Didn't get them trained too much this week with all of the extra bullshit going on, but I didn't get any good session tonight see below. Thanks for checking in hope you're doing well

Thursday, July 14, 2016:

Warrior Day - 3 Rounds, Rest 2 Minutes

0. Boxing - 6 minutes

1. Boxing x 3 minutes

2. Sumo Squat x 15 @ 250lbs

3. Military Press x 12 @ 80lbs

4. Curls x 12 @ 80lbs

5. Deltoid Fly x 15 @ 70lbs

6. Boxing x 3 minutes

I love beating on the heavy bag. I have a lot of fire to me that's for sure, I just wish I were a little bit taller and hadn't spent so much money on my brain so that my wife would let me fight in an actual match LOL. But really I thought 1 million times better after the session, even though I had a frustrating day and an even shittier commute. Took me a whole hour to get home even though I was only going 7 miles total. Living in a major city can be very very frustrating, and while it was something that I am joyed when I was younger, there's just nothing really left me here that makes it worthwhile. I need to make sure that I always train angry. I get a lot more out of it and can keep the intensity have the whole time. Resting tomorrow, even though I don't deserve it. Then, I'm going to hit up a chest focused full body day on Saturday

Saturday, July 16, 2016:

Circuit - 3 Rounds, Rest 3 Minutes

0. Jump Rope - 2 minutes

1. Bench x 12 @ 205lbs

2. Box x 3 minutes

3. Football Drills x 3

4. Long Jump x 16 @ 35lbs

5. Drag Curls x 12 @ 90lbs

This was pretty killer. I love working on the heavy bag. Best idea in a long time. Leaves me spent and stress free. Started watching videos on YouTube to work on form, etc., and think I can learn some fun stuff. Otherwise, it's taco and beer night! Have a good weekend!!!

Saturday, July 16, 2016:

Circuit - 3 Rounds, Rest 3 Minutes

0. Jump Rope - 2 minutes

1. Bench x 12 @ 205lbs

2. Box x 3 minutes

3. Football Drills x 3

4. Long Jump x 16 @ 35lbs

5. Drag Curls x 12 @ 90lbs

This was pretty killer. I love working on the heavy bag. Best idea in a long time. Leaves me spent and stress free. Started watching videos on YouTube to work on form, etc., and think I can learn some fun stuff. Otherwise, it's taco and beer night! Have a good weekend!!!

Best

Rob

I've been better man. Honestly, I'm in the mood for something new and I thought I had something lined up but it didn't work out which was a real bummer. I'll keep looking I guess hopefully something will work out.

Didn't get them trained too much this week with all of the extra bullshit going on, but I didn't get any good siession tonight see below. Thanks for checking in hope you're doing well

Ever think about being a PT? Given your passion for training and plant based diet background (which I feel has its own niche) might be something. In this country you can get a level 3 cert inside few months, not sure what its like in the state's?

Best of luck with the search mate and keep the chin up:)

Best

Rob

Didn't get them trained too much this week with all of the extra bullshit going on, but I didn't get any good siession tonight see below. Thanks for checking in hope you're doing well

Ever think about being a PT? Given your passion for training and plant based diet background (which I feel has its own niche) might be something. In this country you can get a level 3 cert inside few months, not sure what its like in the state's?

Best of luck with the search mate and keep the chin up:)

Thanks mate. Unfortunately I have a huge amount of student debt to pay off, and limited time to do so. I'd love to be a trainer, and would especially love to own a gym. Maybe someday. Until then, I'll just keep on trying to take money from rich people to give to other rich countries people, or avoid the same. Depends on what side I'm on. Doesn't really matter...

Monday, July 18, 2016:

TRX Day - 3 Rounds, 15 Reps Each, Rest 2 Minutes

1. Chest Fly

2. Row

3. Bulgarian Split Squat

4. Squat

5. Curls

6. Tricep Extenstion

This was short and sweet but intense. I love having the TRX straps on hand for a quick session. No set up, just get ready and rip through it. Best $30 ever. Legs tomorrow!

Well like a dumbass I've failed to post all week. I've been training my ass off though which is good. TRX Monday. Sting leg lifts Tuesday. Great chest/arms work Wednesday, and today was some hiit cardio. Still rocking the heavy bag. I love that thing. Resting tomorrow, and hitting up back/shoulders on Saturday.

Thinking about incorporating some running into my game.

Well, it appears that I am a total failure of posting again this week. However, on Monday I did 40 pull-ups, Tuesday I trained the hell out of legs, and today I did chest and arms. Workouts have been pretty consistently intense, with rounds of boxing in between lifting heavy weights and also incorporating HIIT exercises. I feel like this method of training is very effective, as it allows me to combine both strength power and cardio into one relatively brief session. Training hasn't surpassed around 45 minutes for each session, which is about all the time I really have to myself in any given evening. That's a real fucking shame. I plan to train cardio tomorrow, rest on Friday, and then head up shoulders and back on Saturday. Hope everyone reading is doing well, and I'm sorry for not posting more often. I'm pretty sure I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a laptop this weekend which will make things easier.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016:

Well it's Wednesday and nearly another full week of failing to post. I've trained every day this week. Monday was TRX/cardio/pull-ups, Tuesday was Insanity lower body cardio and boxing, and today was chest/arms/boxing. Only made it through 2 rounds of the circuit today because I just felt really tired and hungry. I got a late start too. Drinking more water too so I'm starting to see less bloat, but I'm still bigger than I want to be. I think maybe this is just my intended size. Any smaller has always been accomplished through significant caloric shortage. It sucks living that way. Anyhow, I plan to do some more cardio tomorrow. Probably no boxing. Want to take a short break to keep my interest.

Thursday, August 4, 2016:

Cardio Day

1. Insanity Warmup

2. 85% of Insanity Cardio DVD

3. 6 minutes boxing

4. 10% Insanity Cardio DVD

IM BACK! And I mean it this time. Today was down and dirty. Got home earlier than usual, had some frozen mango, and hit it hard. I'm surprised I could last as long as I did in the DVDs. Those used to really kick my ass. I might've just had better energy around me today. I felt pretty good all day which is a welcomed change. Also mixed up my eating so that might have something to do with it. I dropped the clif bars for a shake in the afternoon. Those things are all sugar anyhow. Resting tomorrow, and back/shoulders on Saturday!

Thursday, August 11, 2016:

Re-Entry

1. Run - 1 mile

2. Box - 5 minutes

3. Curls x 15 @ 70lbs

4. Sword Raise x 12 @ 35lbs

5. Lat Raise x 12 @ 30lbs

This was short training today, but for a reason . . .

On Monday evening our beloved Penny died in my arms. She contracted a bacterial infection called leptospirosis, which I believe caught by coming into contact with the urine of infected rodents. The previous Friday she didn't eat much (the first sign), but that really wasn't that out of the ordinary, as sometimes she was fussy. On Saturday that continued, but I thought maybe she had an upset stomach... I did feed her a considerable amount Saturday night through a syringe feeding (not an actual needle). On Sunday morning after I woke up, she was very jaundiced and extremely weak. She couldn't even stand up. We took her to the emergency vet where she stayed overnight. Her blood tests were pretty bad (liver, cholesystitis, low platelets, etc.). We had to transfer her to another emergency hospital for an ultrasound. After that, her blood tests showed she was getting worse. The antibiotics were not helping. She was in kidney failure, and there was nothing else we or anyone could do. I felt her last breath. So, needless to say I haven't been interested in much since then, including training. I haven't even eaten a full meal since Sunday morning until lunchtime today. I'll get back into it at some point, but it will take time. More about Penny . . .

She was such a special little pup. She was our first born. She had a bunch of health problems (epilepsy, megaesophagus - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaesophagus), blindness. The megaesophagus brought us closer together as we had to feed her by hand in an upright position and then hold her upright for 30 minutes (or way longer because holding her was so soothing). I love her so much, and we are crushed by her passing. It made me realize how easy it is to take people and loved ones for granted, but we must not because nothing is granted. We have to earn what we want, and we should guard the hell out of it until something takes it from us by force. We saved her life many times, through so many many seizures and other illnesses. We were so lucky to have her for as long as we did. I know she loved us, and I know she knew how much we loved her. She will always be with us no matter what.

Here is a pic of us at the park on a great day of zoomies.

801236875_MeandPenny.jpg.af13b1cab83df3abad86d9aa2a0e9ff1.jpg

So sad for you. A few years back I lost my dog, it was one of the saddest times in my life for sure. Take it easy and remember all the good times.

Thanks for saying that man. It hasn't gotten any easier over the last week. We set up a memorial in the living room with a bunch of pictures and her little urn. A custom urn is coming here in the next week or so. I miss her so much. She was such a huge part of our life, and there's this void that's empty now. Not sure it will ever be the same again.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016:

Bodyweight Legs - 3 Rounds, Rest 2 Minutes

1. Squat x 20

2. Angle Lunge x 20*

3. Tuck Jump x 20

4. Hamstring Curl x 20

5. Bulgarian Split Squat x 20*

6. Hurdle Sprints x 12

Monday, August 15, 2016:

TRX Day - 3 Rounds, Rest 2 Minutes

1. Chest Press x 15

2. Pullup x 15

3. Curls x 15

4. Tricep Extension x 15

5. Bulgarian Split Squat x 15

Easing back into training this week. Still not eating enough. I'd bet my caloric intake on the high end is about 1600/day. Obviously not enough. I just don't really have the urge to eat. Still sad all the time. Definitely losing weight, which I guess is nice. Just kind of stuck in my head and lost. Not really interested in training, or doing anything else for that matter. It is nice though to have the laptop to post up on here. I guess I can do that more often now. Big changes before us since Penny is gone. So much more free time, which is ironic and sad. Before I complained about not having enough, and now I have too much and not enough to do to occupy the emptiness. People are mentioning getting another friend, but it's just too early. We both still shed tears every day, and I wonder whether I would give the new friend the love it deserved (of course I would, but I'd always feel guilty toward Penny). Anyhow, that's enough for tonight. Maybe I'll train chest and arms tomorrow.

Sorry to hear of your loss pal, really sad...... got a lump in my throat reading that....nice pic though. Ive had and lost all kinds of pets over the years from budgies, ducks, hens, cats, dogs and ferrets (all rescued). I still remember and enjoy all the memories of everyone of them. You obviously gave her a good and loving home which is much much more than most people would have done.

Sorry to hear of your loss pal, really sad...... got a lump in my throat reading that....nice pic though. Ive had and lost all kinds of pets over the years from budgies, ducks, hens, cats, dogs and ferrets (all rescued). I still remember and enjoy all the memories of everyone of them. You obviously gave her a good and loving home which is much much more than most people would have done.

Thanks dude, for saying that. She really was and still is loved. Loving and caring for her was the best part of our lives here. It makes me sad to think that people give up on animals so easy, especially when caring for Penny was such a pleasure. Even in the worst times I was glad I could be there to comfort her and provide her with everything she needed. Sounds like you've had your fair share of friends to look after. Losing any of them is hard for sure, but there are some that just really set up shop in your heart. It's funny man when people say things like "time will help" or whatever, when that's really the last thing I'm looking forward to her. I kinda wish time stopped when we lost her, then I'd never have to be further and further away - know what I mean?

Wednesday, August 17, 2016:

Chest/Arms - 3 Rounds, Rest 3 Minutes

1. Bench x 12 @ 205

2. Box x 3 Minutes

3. Hammer Curl x 15* @ 70lbs

4. DB Pullover x 12 @ 50lbs

5. Tricep Ext. x 15

6. Around the World x 12 @ 30lbs

Nothing special today. Just kind of another day of the same old... Bullshit at work. Not eating enough. Still feeling sad as hell. Mostly when I get home, and am immediately reminded. Nothing much else to say about today or this session. Felt good to let loose on the bag for a bit. I need some new gloves with more padding. These give me weird pains in my shoulders the day after. What I have now are the Everlast gloves with the little stick across the underside of the big knuckles. I think that's to reinforce punches/protect your hand, but they don't have much padding - and I really love to throw my fists into the bag. Just don't feel like dropping the coin on anything new. Been spending too much money as of late... Cardio tomorrow.

Thursday, August 18, 2016:

Cardio Day

1. Insanity Pure Cardio dvd - 30 minutes

2. Box - 6 minutes

Friday, August 19, 2016:

Boxing Day

1. Box - 3 x 3 minutes

Saturday, August 20, 2016:

Back/Shoulder (3 Rounds, Rest 3 Minutes)

0. Insanity Warmup

1. Single Leg Deadlift x 12 @ 70lbs

2. Military Press x 12 @ 80lbs

3. Box x 3 minutes

4. Front Raise x 12 @ 80lbs

5. Aussie Pull-ups x 15

6. Headstand Push-up x 20

7. Box x 3 minutes

No real time to post anything lengthy today, since I am going to work a party event pouring some beer had a local brewery this afternoon. I'm surprised a train so many times this week, I believe today makes it six in a row. Looking forward to some rest tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Well I posted earlier but it got deleted. I've been doing the Insanity DVDs all week so far, and will continue for another week or two. It feels good to have my workouts planned out since I'm really otherwise distracted. No time to post more tonight. Cardio dvd tomorrow.