supporting local farmers

today I was driving around and somehow ended up finding a road I've seen all my life but have never been down. So I went for a long drive on this road, and it brought me out to some really beautiful hills and farmland.

on the corner of the street was a produce stand. a nice woman and her husband stood there selling organic vegetables. I bought a thing of tomatoes.

I brought them home and washed off the dirt on them. I just ate a select handful and I have to say that they are probably the best damn tomatoes I have ever had.

We try to go to the local Farmer's Market every Saturday. The farmers are only allowed to sell stuff they grow or make themselves. The fruits and vegetables are MUCH fresher than you can buy in the store... and they last longer

Yeah Farmer's markets are great, or just buying them directly from the farm like Topher found.

I'm going out to pick blueberries from a farm tomorrow

There is a place out here where all the money from blueberries goes to farmers in Haiti to help rebuild their farms that were damaged in natural disasters.

We have a farmer's market here on Saturday and Wednesday and I work both of those days so I can never go I'll have to do a shift trade sometime to get over there.