Recommend a juicer?

Recommend a juicer?

* I want a juicer, not a blender

* Something EASY to CLEAN

* Something that does green leafy vegetables well

* Something durable.

Anything else I should know?

Any big differences between centrifuge juicers and presses?

Will a presser juicer let me make juice I don't have to drink right away?

Use a slow rotation juicer. Not these high speed rotating ones.

I have a Green Star Elite Tribest juicer (https://amzn.to/2yJE9aL) for 10+ years and it still runs smoothly and juices even salad.

Though it has a drawback: it's one of the more expensive ones. But if you have the money think about it this way: how much does ist cost you per year if it (only) lasts 10 years?

In any instance go with a slow rotation juicer like the Green Star.

Good luck!

P.S.

Did you read the books by Dr. Norman Walker on this topic?

Magus66,

How easy to clean is the Green Star Elite Tribest?

Is it a centrifuge juicer?

Dr. Walker died a long time ago. I think juicer technology might have come a long way since then, that is why I ask.

I read his books a life time ago. I don't think what he wrote had science behind it. I have other reason for wanting to drink vegetable juices.

No disrespect intended.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check out the reviews for the Tribest juicer.

Hi!

It is quite easy to clean. You have 7 parts to clean. Most of them you just put under water and rub them a little bit, done. Only the strainer may need a little more effort to clean. Everything is done in less than a minute.

No it is not a centrifugal juicer. Something I would absolutely keep my hands off unless I would have no other choice.

Maybe there was no was no medical evidence for Dr. Walkers suggestion then; but by now lots of his ideas have been confirmed - as far as I can remember his book. For me it is a lifetime too since I read the book.

And btw, why should it be disrepectful to question something??

Good look!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 8:25 PM, beforewisdom said:

* Something that does green leafy vegetables well

I've been using a Breville for many many years and juice vegetables but then use that juice in a blender then add leafy greens as well as seeds and nut butters. I put the pulp in a netbag used for shopping fruits and such and squeeze it hard, a nut bag is too weak, a bag that you use instead of plastic bags, the holes let some fine pulp through.

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2021 at 11:53 PM, henry thinman said:

I've been using a Breville for many many years and juice vegetables but then use that juice in a blender then add leafy greens as well as seeds and nut butters. I put the pulp in a netbag used for shopping fruits and such and squeeze it hard, a nut bag is too weak, a bag that you use instead of plastic bags, the holes let some fine pulp through.

https://towatchnba.com/how-to-watch-nba-playoffs/

thank you for your suggestion