Check your posture right now

Heres a way to see if you have any deviations within your body in case you didnt know. Go to a wall and rest your back, the back of your feet, your buttocks, shoulders, and head against it. If you have to stress your body to do it or if you cant, this means you have bad posture.

I have horrible posture, my shoulders slouch foward. its from playing bass/guitar all the time.

any specific exercises I can do to bring my shoulders back?

my chest is really tight, and my back/shoudlers are very lose. and im starting to lose range of motion in my shoulders as well. what are some exercises to stretch them out? thanks

Hey K,

I'm glad you posted this. As soon as I read it, I realized I was slouched in my chair. As a Licensed Massage Therapist for 5 years, I tell others to use good posture and help them with it, but sometimes I forget about myself! And I have a history of back problems!

Keepin me on my toes, or more like, my back flat against the chair

Hey K,

I'm glad you posted this. As soon as I read it, I realized I was slouched in my chair. As a Licensed Massage Therapist for 5 years, I tell others to use good posture and help them with it, but sometimes I forget about myself! And I have a history of back problems!

Keepin me on my toes, or more like, my back flat against the chair

HAHA! glad to hear that you liked it mate. I will post a few things that will help on the posture for you, Topher, and everyone else that wants it.

Pilates has an exercise that is designed for posture. It really helps those of us who sit in cars a lot, or those who sit in front of a computer or tv all day.

Sit flat on the floor. Try to put your legs out in front of you flat on the floor, legs together. Try to sit with your back totally straight, trying to make a 90 degree angle with your body. This part will be hard for some people (more guys than gals) who are less flexible. If you find that you have trouble sitting straight up, then bend your knees a little until you can do it.

Now, sitting in that position, hold your arms straight out to either side, level with your shoulders. Take a big deep breath. Now make almost a 90 degree turn to the left and hold it for a good long exhalation. Remember to remain sitting up straight. Picture your back tied to a board. Now move back to center. Take another deep breath. Now make the same turn to the right and hold it for the same length of time. Come back to center. Repeat this for 8-10 times and if you have less than stellar posture, you will really start to feel the burn in your upper back.

There are lots of exercises such as this for posture. I hope this one works for you.

Pilates has an exercise that is designed for posture. It really helps those of us who sit in cars a lot, or those who sit in front of a computer or tv all day.

Sit flat on the floor. Try to put your legs out in front of you flat on the floor, legs together. Try to sit with your back totally straight, trying to make a 90 degree angle with your body. This part will be hard for some people (more guys than gals) who are less flexible. If you find that you have trouble sitting straight up, then bend your knees a little until you can do it.

Now, sitting in that position, hold your arms straight out to either side, level with your shoulders. Take a big deep breath. Now make almost a 90 degree turn to the left and hold it for a good long exhalation. Remember to remain sitting up straight. Picture your back tied to a board. Now move back to center. Take another deep breath. Now make the same turn to the right and hold it for the same length of time. Come back to center. Repeat this for 8-10 times and if you have less than stellar posture, you will really start to feel the burn in your upper back.

There are lots of exercises such as this for posture. I hope this one works for you.

This sounds almost identical to Roman Twists for the obliques, except in that exercise the knees are up.