What' your favorite cookbook?

VegHead

Moosewoods main cookbook is the best...its like the bible. It has a million tried and true recipes...that said I hate using them for anything more than minor tidbits...its like tracing a painting for me

Moosewoods main cookbook is the best...its like the bible. It has a million tried and true recipes...that said I hate using them for anything more than minor tidbits...its like tracing a painting for me

"its like tracing a painting for me"

I love that!

Very true, Mr. Creativity.

• 4 months later...

My favourite Vegan Cooking book is ''Vegan Planet'', they have 400 recipes, and the recipes are so easy.. seriously, every vegan should buy their copy of this book. i recommend. =)

I also have ''Vegan World Fusion Cousine'' it's a outstanding book, but 90% of the recipes there are not ''everyday-easy-simple-to-prepare'' recipes, it's a great book though, but not for making 'everyday' food.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't bother counting calories...its only worth doing if your eating lousy food. The Thrive Diet is a great book because it has lots of recipes and a 12 week meal plan...if not that though pretty much any organic/health purposed vegan cookbook will be good so long as you don't eat the same thing over and over again. If you mix things up you'll be fine.

I LOVE Vegan with a Vengence. I just received my copy of Thrive and went shopping today for the recipes for the first week of the 12 weeks. I will start tomorrow! Also my roommate (a meateater) is going vegan with the Thrive plan (as a trial, but I suspect she will like how she feels going vegan and perhaps it will be more than a trial!)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reccommendations. I think I'll try that Thrive first & see how it goes. I agree w/veganpotter, you gotta mix it up or you'll get bored. I suppose it's like anything. You can eat only but so much brown rice & tofu...lol, lol