FatFree Vegan Recipes

minimalistica

I don't see why a vegan would want to be on a fat free diet...surely its good for people to see it and much of the food has gotta be yummy but there' some good fat out there

Great link! The recipes and photos on that site look delicious. The Shiny Happy Hummus on that blog is going directly to my list of yummy things to try.

That looks yum even though it looks like its served up in a dog bowl lol

Hehe. It's a special "dip" bowl. Usually, you see veggies or chips around the outside for dipping into the hummus, dip, salsa...

This blog is already on my daily food blog rotation!

The term "fat free" is used liberally to mean very low fat content.

Even a vegan can be overweight, and I am a prime example. Just because some fats are good for you doesn't mean they still can't make you... erm... fat!

I've been a fat vegan(300lbs) and not a fat vegan(sub 200)...the amount of fat I eat and ate has had little to do with my size...its how much I eat. Its not fat in your food that makes you fat its the amount of food you eat and when you eat it

I think there's a distinct difference between eating three meals a day of fried an other high fat foods than eating three meals a day that are balanced and nutritious.

Granted I originally gained weight from medications and yes, at that time, I tended to eat more because the medications slowed down my metabolism and also made me feel hungrier.

I still think that fat in food can make you more fat than eating light and trying to eat low calorie, low fat food. Overall what makes someone fat is a disproportionate amount of calories to the amount of calories that one burns throughout the day.

That means that if you're extremely active, you should consume more calories than someone who is sedentary.

I think there's a distinct difference between eating three meals a day of fried an other high fat foods than eating three meals a day that are balanced and nutritious.

Granted I originally gained weight from medications and yes, at that time, I tended to eat more because the medications slowed down my metabolism and also made me feel hungrier.

I still think that fat in food can make you more fat than eating light and trying to eat low calorie, low fat food. Overall what makes someone fat is a disproportionate amount of calories to the amount of calories that one burns throughout the day.

That means that if you're extremely active, you should consume more calories than someone who is sedentary.

Thing is you can have a higher fat diet by eating avocados and coconuts than someone who eats lots of fries and be much healthier and thinner...I know sedentary vegans who eat 2-3 avocados a day...lots of olive oil and a bunch of other fatty nuts and seeds yet appear very healthy...this is far more fat than the normal overweight person who eats vegan junk or non vegan who eats non vegan junk