Please tell me what you think of this meal plan.

Bloom

In your opinion, to eat the following or similar on a daily basis is enough food or not?

Breakfast: one bowl breakfast cereal and one fruit and 200ml soy milk

Lunch: 2 pieces of toast with a salad filling and 250ml home make carrot and orange juice.

Dinner: 1 cup cooked rice, 1-2 cups chopped steamed veg, palm size 2cm slice of tofu.

*no other food or snacks - but lots of water.

Is this an ok amount for some one who is exercising and would like to lose a few extra holiday pounds?

Looks a little too low-calorie. If you don't eat enough calories to fuel your daily activities, it can actually have the opposite effect you want, and cause your body to hold on to whatever weight it has, because it can cause a drop in metabolism.

The breakfast could be good, depending on the type of cereal you're talking about. Most boxed cereals are processed foods, made with flour. It would be better to cook a whole grain (quinoa, oats, amaranth, buckwheat, teff, millet) and use this as the base of your cereal.

I agree about adding 1-2 snacks. Raw foods would be good for this.

You might consider adding more veggies, and watching the grain consumption. Veggies are much more nutritious than grains.

I agree with what all the other good people have said...

You can eat quite a bit of fruit and vege without having to worry about the calories.

After reading a post by Daywalker I have been varying the number of calories I eat each day (So that no day is really the same) and I have found this really works.

Hey Bloom, soy yoghurt is basically soy milk and sugar. Skip it! Stick to fruit... it is tastier and juicier. Pig out on a big juicy mango or two mmmm

I agree with the others re the grains and the extra snacks. Cut back on grains, a lot more fruit and vegies! Have legumes with your night time dins instead of rice. Quinoa is also delicious.

Hey Bloom, soy yoghurt is basically soy milk and sugar. Skip it! Stick to fruit... it is tastier and juicier. Pig out on a big juicy mango or two

The purpose of yogurt is the friendly bacteria cultures in it, don't overlook that, there is some sugar, but not usually high fructose corn syrup.

Hey Bloom, soy yoghurt is basically soy milk and sugar. Skip it! Stick to fruit... it is tastier and juicier. Pig out on a big juicy mango or two

The purpose of yogurt is the friendly bacteria cultures in it, don't overlook that, there is some sugar, but not usually high fructose corn syrup.

in that case, I'd recommend a pro-biotic. I used to love my soyghurts and soy cheeses... until I read the ingredients.

(look out Blossom, most brands stocked in Australia contain casein)

in that case, I'd recommend a pro-biotic. I used to love my soyghurts and soy cheeses... until I read the ingredients.

(look out Blossom, most brands stocked in Australia contain casein)

Probiotic is a better idea I agree. Although I don't see anything particularly harmful in the soy yogurt i get sometimes.