Oh flandersssss

Zack

I live on the east side of Orlando...so I see them off of east colonial...every four feet..LOL...they always have a homeless guy with a hand painted sign that has a pic of a watermelon on it...usually only sat and Sunday.

I think he means a pet store( Which are rather quite common actually ) I doubt he meant Target or Wal-Mart

Sure, but I'm still surprised because here it's forbidden to sell cats or dogs in pet stores. This imagination is terrible. I would never be able to buy a pet like a bag of apples or a pack of toiletpaper.

Sorry for offtopic.

Sure, but I'm still surprised because here it's forbidden to sell cats or dogs in pet stores.

Thats wonderful...I wish it was like that in America...they sell every kind of animal and turtles off the side of the road.........and I keep seeing commercials for a bullfight coming to Orlando... I cry every time they come on

I think he means a pet store( Which are rather quite common actually ) I doubt he meant Target or Wal-Mart

Sure, but I'm still surprised because here it's forbidden to sell cats or dogs in pet stores. This imagination is terrible. I would never be able to buy a pet like a bag of apples or a pack of toiletpaper.

Sorry for offtopic.

I understand. I wasn't exactly sure what the rules was over there in Germany( I apologize if I got that wrong )

But still when you think about it if you had to buy an animal from a pet store there is always a positive side. After all the chance that just one animal an animal lover passes up( adopting instead ) could very well be sold to an animal abuser.

All the more reason I think that in order to buy an animal in a pet store the buyer needs to sign a contract that he won't abuse the animal or something.

although I would like it for animal selling to be banned here as well. Having your animals come to you naturally from the wild probably builds a healtier relationship then buying an animal that might potentially hate you

Having your animals come to you naturally from the wild probably builds a healtier relationship then buying an animal that might potentially hate you

Having a wild animal captive is generally not very intelligent.

Didn't you once say all of the dogs you have came to you? How is that any different?

I wouldn't keep animals captive lol. I never said that. I'd let animals come and go freely if at all. But generally I'd rather adopt. I hate buying what you can get for free.

But still when you think about it if you had to buy an animal from a pet store there is always a positive side. After all the chance that just one animal an animal lover passes up( adopting instead ) could very well be sold to an animal abuser.

But if I buy a pet from a pet store they will never stop sellig pets under this bad premises. Demand and supply! And I'm not willing to support that. So often the animals are parted from the mother too early, they are ill, you get wrong information, adverse equipment. How can you fund such people?

Preferably I would go to an animal rescue because they really need financial support. They have so much cost. I think it's not bad to pay money for animals because other poor souls benefit from that! I know the pets are in veterinary care, mostly are neutered, immunised (at least here in Germany). That's money you save.

And you would give an forsaken animal a second (or more) chance.

And maybe more poeple would really reflect on getting a pet if they weren't so cheap or even for free. Every clueless dumb-ass can get a pet and nobody cares.