Longboarding

Anyone longboard?

I'm not into bombing crazy hills, I just like to cruise and carve along the beach or through Stanley Park. It's super relaxing, and I can do it after a heavy workout. I've been bitten by the longboarding bug. Here's a pic of one of my 2 boards - Suz has a smaller Sector 9 bamboo that's similar. This is my Sector 9 Uluwatu (46" long and has new wheels since pic) and I just got an Arbor Bamboo Pin.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/longboards3.jpg

A friend of mine is a serious longboarder....

Mike the Longboarder

He is represented by 'Go Green' Longboarding, not vegans or anything just used the name bc it's a cleaner way to travel i.e. no pollution/wastineg nat resources, etc...

Go Green

He also makes boards and works with Bustin Longboards

Bustin Boards

He is constantly trying to get me on one and is always riding when we are not playing rball. I have gotten on one and rode a little. Not the easiest thing to do but kinda fun. I wouldn't mind getting a little more involved with the sport.

He has those hand things and skids across the floor, it's unreal. Did you get into that part of it yet?

A friend of mine is a serious longboarder....

Mike the Longboarder

He is represented by 'Go Green' Longboarding, not vegans or anything just used the name bc it's a cleaner way to travel i.e. no pollution/wastineg nat resources, etc...

Go Green

He also makes boards and works with Bustin Longboards

Bustin Boards

He is constantly trying to get me on one and is always riding when we are not playing rball. I have gotten on one and rode a little. Not the easiest thing to do but kinda fun. I wouldn't mind getting a little more involved with the sport.

He has those hand things and skids across the floor, it's unreal. Did you get into that part of it yet?

You should def give it another try - it's a really fun way to get around, not to mention zero emissions, and it's a great way to chill outside on a sunny day.

Those bustin boards are pretty cool. The scene here in Vancouver is pretty insane - tone of those hardcore downhill types and sliders. I haven't gotten into sliding yet, don't have the gloves. This is the home of Skull Skates, Landyachtz, Rayne - thos guys are all insane. So far I've just been cruising, altho yesterday we bombed a couple of decent hills up in the Seymour Demo Forest (basically a smoothly paved 18km rolling hill road just for bikes, rollerblades and longboards in the forest). Those Bustin Boards look pretty cool. I'm happy with my classic pin tail boards, but may graduate to a more serious hill board before too long (and some more safety gear!). Longboarding is just plain fun no matter how slow or fast you go - I don't know what it is, just the feeling. A bit like surfing, but without the paddling and sharks. Since I can't ride trials anymore due to my wrecked back, this is a great way to get outside and do something. I'm addicted now.