I've Done It!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing keeping me from eating a completely vegan diet has been cheese. Well I just realized that there is no more cheese in my house! Hooray! So you know what this means?

All the butter has already been replaced with Earth Balance spread. The sour cream has been replaced with Tofutti's Better Than Sour Cream. The milk has been replaced with Full Circle plan soy milk. And the sliced cheese has been replaced with Tofutti's vegan cheese slices. Ice cream has been replaced with Soy Dream frozen dessert. And even the milk chocolate has been replaced with carob chips.

I finally have done it! I've gone completely vegan! Let the celebration begin!

I should make more salsa for this party!

Yay!

Cheese was the last (and hardest) thing for me to transition out of my diet, too.

I learned from reading "Skinny Bitch" that cheese is actually an addiction. I sure as heck believe that too after all it's taken to get rid of it.

Oh, and your hair kicks butt! I love it!!!!!

The only thing keeping me from eating a completely vegan diet has been cheese. Well I just realized that there is no more cheese in my house! Hooray! So you know what this means?

All the butter has already been replaced with Earth Balance spread. The sour cream has been replaced with Tofutti's Better Than Sour Cream. The milk has been replaced with Full Circle plan soy milk. And the sliced cheese has been replaced with Tofutti's vegan cheese slices. Ice cream has been replaced with Soy Dream frozen dessert. And even the milk chocolate has been replaced with carob chips.

I finally have done it! I've gone completely vegan! Let the celebration begin!

I should make more salsa for this party!

From a cruelty standpoint dairy production causes just as much pain and killing as meat production. AR activists often say that

milk is liquid meat

As a health enthusiast I think that saying fits too. Many cheeses are worse for your health than many meats.

Not all dairy substitutes are healthy. Many of them can be summarized somewhat accurately as "texturized oil". Some also contain transfats ( "partially hydrogenated_____", which are more epinosic than saturated fat.

Not to rain on your parade, but just to give a warning. If you are into health and fitness those things are best used as a treat.

But seriously, I super duper want to congratulate you as this is an awesome move and awesome achievement.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks folks! I appreciate all your kind words and advice!

I'm also going to do my best to raise my daughter as a vegan. I just hope that I don't meet much resistance from my husband. If I so, I'll just quietly bring up the fact that although he's 145 pounds and never gains weight his cholesterol is at 197 and it's because of his diet and sedentary lifestyle. I hope Brenna gains his metabolism and my desire to be healthy on a healthy diet.

Congrats, VeggieGirl. Yeah, cheese is one of the most highly addictive foods, and Neal Barnard even talks about it in his book Breaking the Food Seduction, along with all those others we crave. I truly believe it's harder than meat or sweets or anything else simply because of what I've read it does to the brain chemistry, not to mention the rest of the body...