Protein problems???

Below is a sample of my diet. I'm slightly worried about the protein/carbs ratio because the macros work out to be about 55/20/25.

DAY 1

Meal # 1:Tofu Scramble w/ tortilla & salsa = 200 calories, 8 gms. Fat, 19 gms. Carbs, 13 gms. protein

1/2 banana = 50 calories, .5 gms. Protein, 15 gms. carbs

Meal # 2: Soy Protein w/ water & pear = 200 calories, 1.5 gms. Fat, 35 gms carbs, 16 gms protein

Meal # 3: Salad w/ 1/4 cup beans = 320 cals, 32 gms. Carbs, 12 gms. Protein, 13 gms fat.

Meal #4: 1/2 a Builder Cliff bar = 135 calories, 4 gms fat, 26 gms carbs, 10 gms protein

Meal #5: 1/3 cp. Lentils and sweet potato, 5 almonds = 335 calories, 6 gms. Fat,. 56 gms. Carbs., 17 gms, protein

DAY 2:

Meal #1: Soy Protein shake w/ water & soy milk = 135 calories, 2 gms. Fat, 15 gms carbs, 17 gms protein

Meal #2: Tofu Scramble w/ tortilla & salsa = 200 calories, 8 gms. Fat, 19 gms. Carbs, 13 gms. Protein

Fruit Salad = 130 cals, 27 gms. Carbs, 2 gm protein

Meal #3: Veggie Sandwich on Ezekial bread w/ 1/2 sweet pot = 325 calories, 11 gm fat, 73 gms carbs, 14 gms protein

Meal #4: Apple w/ 1.5 tbsp. peanut butter = 230 calories, 26 gms carbs, 12 gms. fat, 7 gms protein

1/2 a Builder Cliff bar = 135 calories, 4 gms fat, 26 gms carbs, 10 gm

Meal #5: 1/4 cup Quinoa and black bean salad = 200 calories, 2 gms fat, 37 gms carbs, 9 gms protein

10 almonds = 84 cals, 8 gms fat, 3 gms carbs;

rice ice cream = 170 cals, 8 gms fat, 35 gms carbs, 0 protein

While the calorie range is between 1500-1600, I still feel like a fat a$$. Maybe it was the ice cream!

Hey sophie, looks ok to me. I'd say that protein might even be high for what you need, and I wouldn't worry so much about it being too specific. But:

What kind of workouts are you doing? What are you fitness goals? Is there a specific reason you are tracking this closely? The macronutrient values seem to be a good proportion--particularly for an athlete--but you might consider getting more whole foods in your diet, including greens and fruit. The consideration there would be to get a more balanced set of vitamins and minerals.

I'm saying this all without knowing more about the above questions, so a little more background might help.

Right now I am shooting for 125-140 grams and I weigh 180 lbs. That makes it 15-20% of my calories. Before I was going for 20-25%, which worked great for me to build muscle as well as cut. I don't think the % matters as much as the raw number, though. If I counted right, you are in the 60-70 gram range. I believe most of the women here go a little higher. Veggieprincess or one of the other women should be able to give you a better answer, especially if you list your goals.

Hey sophie, looks ok to me. I'd say that protein might even be high for what you need, and I wouldn't worry so much about it being too specific. But:

What kind of workouts are you doing? What are you fitness goals? Is there a specific reason you are tracking this closely?

Currently, I'm doing 6 30-45 min. cardio sessions a week (mostly biking and running) and 5 weight lifting sessions. Schedule looks like this:

Monday AM: Bike 45 mins.

Monday PM: Chest & Tri's

Tuesday AM: Run 3 miles

Tuesday PM: Leg & Abs

Wednesday AM: Bike 45 mins.

Wednesday PM: Back & Bi's

Thursday AM: Run 3 miles

FridayAM: Bike 45 mins

Friday PM: Shoulders & Abs

Saturday AM: Hot Yoga

Saturday PM: Legs

Sunday AM: Run 3 miles

I guess my goal is to drop about 2% body fat (currently @ 16%) and just gain all-around strength. I'm also trying to eat clean without cheating on alcohol or eating out.

Human bodies have a lot of fault tolerance. If you are a smidgen off in regards to some nutrition ratio you will not necessarily have problems.

If you lose weight slowly, if you energy levels are good, and if your body feels firm you are probably doing alright.

If your avatar picture is recent my own subjective opinion is that you don't need to reduce your body fat percentage. Your appearance is very good.

If your avatar picture is recent my own subjective opinion is that you don't need to reduce your body fat percentage. Your appearance is very good.

That pic was taken 3 days ago...I am flexing my abs a bit though

Even so, you look very firm for a woman, enough for other women to envy you. Unless you are doing some sort of bodybuilding contest I think you can safely consider yourself "done".