B 12

I'd imagine i'm extremely deficent in B12, so i started taking a whole food mult that has 3,333 percent. So asumming i'm really low in it how long will it take to get my levels to a normal range and notice a difference in how i feel?

I'm not sure since I've never been b12 deficient, but let us know! Glad to hear you are supplementing.

When did you become a vegan?...B12 can buildup in the liver and if you ate meat and dairy not too long ago it can take a long while for you to become deficient. Also if you drink Soy milk or eat b-12 fortified cereals or a protein shake you should be ok as well. To be on the safe side everyone should take a multi at least...no matter what they eat.

When did you become a vegan?...B12 can buildup in the liver and if you ate meat and dairy not too long ago it can take a long while for you to become deficient. Also if you drink Soy milk or eat b-12 fortified cereals or a protein shake you should be ok as well. To be on the safe side everyone should take a multi at least...no matter what they eat.

I've been Vegan off and on for the last 2 years or so and 100 percent for the last 8 months. I eat all raw unprocessed foods, so for the last 8 months i've gotten close to 0 B12. I had my B12 tested and i was very low a year ago, so now it's probably scary low.

I've been Vegan off and on for the last 2 years or so and 100 percent for the last 8 months. I eat all raw unprocessed foods, so for the last 8 months i've gotten close to 0 B12. I had my B12 tested and i was very low a year ago, so now it's probably scary low.

If you eat all raw food then you definitely need to supplement....You cannot get b12 from raw food. Regular vegans have an easier time of it because we drink fortified soy milk, eat cereal, and bread and other processed foods.

If you eat all raw food then you definitely need to supplement....You cannot get b12 from raw food. Regular vegans have an easier time of it because we drink fortified soy milk, eat cereal, and bread and other processed foods.

yep

What BeforeWisdom said is absolutely correct. There are B-12 analogs that do NOT supply B12. And they are found in the foods mentioned in the earlier post.

If Bibbwii is a fruitarian then he gets no B12. We don't know what his blood levels are, whether or not he has any deficiency-related symptoms, whether he has any irreversible damage, or what he really eats - he's a person who posts what he wants you to know about him on the internet, just like every one of us.

According to this study, kombucha looks like a true source of B12. I don't know if there is any regulation of kombucha production or if there is a way to know that you are getting what is listed on the packaging.

(I just noticed that BeforeWisdom is posting as I'm typing. PLEASE read the link he mentions. Vegans with B12 deficiency-related illness make veganism look like a poor diet when it's really uninformed or unbelieving vegans who do the harm.)

I don't know much about Kombuca.

Having b-12 is one thing. Consuming enough b-12 to get all of the b-12 you need may be a separate issue entirely.

Human bodies do store vitamin b-12, but getting those stores isn't like driving a near empty car up to a gas station. Human bodies can only absorb very small amounts of b-12 at one time, no matter how much is consumed in a single sitting. You need to steadily take in b-12 all of the time.

Kombuca may not have enough b-12 in it for your needs depending on how much and how you drink. I simply don't know anything about kombuca.

Read the article I posted, find out your b-12 needs then see what kombuca has.

Algae and seaweeds have b-12 analogs. Substances that are not b-12, but look like b-12 in tests and block real b-12. Pasteurized fermented soy products or fermented soy products made in hyper clean industrial facilities don't have b-12

Yeah, I dunno. I got that info from Brendan Brazier's Thrive Diet book. Thanks for the clarification, though!