hello from holistically fit ~ uk

holistically fit

thanks Robert, that's my business name.

this forum and the website looks like it's got lots of information!

i'm mainly interested in vegans who live a 'wholefood/natural' diet, without protein powders/shakes/soya supplements etc.

if anyone can point me in that direction i'd love to read more profiles and case histories.

ciao for now,

Lisa

Welcome Lisa! Great to see more interest in natural nutrition. We have a lot of people who know a great deal of things of raw food.

You should also try to find out more about Avi Lehyani (he is featured here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bio_avi ) since he doesn't use even protein powders and he looks like an ancient warrior sculpted from stone.

Anyway, our raw food section should suit your needs more than well!

Welcome Lisa!

Great to have you here. Many people build their bodies on a wholefoods only diet and no supplements. I do happen to supplement with hemp powders and algaes, for me, it's a matter of convenience and I feel they're beneficial. However there are many who don't supplement.

Tasha, I believe, eats just raw whole foods and no supplements. I am thinkiing RawKev does as well. They are both cyclists.

Tim Van Orden Running Raw is all about whole foods and no supplements and he is an elite runner and looking to be the first man over 40 to break the 4min mile barrier.

There are plenty of great resources here, enjoy and see you around

Welcome, Lisa! I used to use hemp and a multivitamin as my only supplements. I plan on dropping pea protein at some point and going back to that.

I believe what Lean and Green eats, though some are technically supplements, they are whole food ones and I don't really see anything wrong with them.

thanks guys for a warm welcome

and thanks for the links to Profiles of Wholefood Vegans... very interesting reading from what I've had time to go through so far.

am at the end of an exam paper this week, but will take a thorough look in the weeks and months to come.

cheers from the UK,

Lisa

anyone know vegan activist and nutritionist James Gorman (Mr James) from the UK?

he was a friend of mine and I have lost contact since moving.

if anyone knows his Profile or email address, please reply or pass on my details to him

in health,

Lisa

Edited by holistically fit

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum.They have been very helpful for me so I think they will be for you too

I am from UK, in High Wycombe which is about 45 mins from London, where abouts you from?

• 2 weeks later...