The new John V

John V

Last year I joined this forum, but soon dropped out. This year I tried to start back here, but unintentionally joined veganfitness, before realizing it was different! I started a training log there. I'd started running 2 months ago, but after good progress over 2 weeks, I injured my shin and aggravated it with the heavy lifting I do for my charity, to where I was walking like a chimp with a bad limp! After accupuncture, Chinese herbs, chiropractic and RICE (rest ice compression elevation) I recovered pretty well. I didn't get back to regular training for a couple of weeks more. Now after 6 weeks I had my first run today, a 14 minute mile on a cinder track, with my new, professionally fitted shoes. I've assembled some weight lifting equipment and I'm going to try and alternate yoga and lifting with my every other day of jogging. I'm under 5'11", over 210 lbs and have a 45 1/2" belly at the equator! I've been vegan a few years and was a lactovegetarian for 10 before that. I'd been a lacto-ovo-vegetarian during college in the late 70s. During my life, I've been a martial artist, then was a yoga instructor and I have ran and weight trained some. I didn't exercise much for about 10 years, but have had some better periods of good habits in the last few.

Greetings. Never knew they were called 'Cinder' tracks. Sounds like you have been through a bit but you're just as optimistic and have resumed training steadily. Glad to hear it! Welcome back, though I never met you as I joined later on, so it's wonderful to hear from you for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...