June is for JuiceFeasting!(46day liquid diet)BROKEN;videoadd

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andreafrancis, Oselifer, dontxhide....

Honestly, I think my skin is glowing right now from all the uv bulb sessions and then locking that color in outside in the 100 degree weather, lol

Oselifer thanks for the congrats, there's a long way to go though but it feels good to be alot leaner already and have people taking notice of that.

dontxhide, I think that counting calories would be a real pain and I thought about it but decided not to. But as i'm losing weight at such a rapid pace and having a trying time slowing that loss down, I looked at my caloric intake and it seems to be somewhere in the range of 3000-4000 calories a day. I'm completely baffled as to why I can consume just as much if not more when i do liquid and yet lose weight like it was just a winter coat I took off.

Bought Today

Organic Burdock Root

Organic Red Swiss Chard

Organic Tri Color Swiss Chard

Organic Sunchoke (jerusalem artichoke)

Organic Cilantro

Organic Mini Watermelons

Organic Dinosaur (Lacinto) Kale

Organic Dandelion Greens

Organic Aloe Vera Leaf (to apply to my skin, wish i was drinkin it)

Organic Bok Choy

More jucing as opposed to blending = more vegetables!

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6779/p1020167jw1.jpg

why are you going to juice more instead of blend? is it because you can consume more calories and be less full, so you can slow down your weight loss?? i never got big into juicing (could be because i don't have a juicer ) but juice makes my energy levels go all outta whack.

do you mind me asking how much you spend on food? thats a LOT of food. and kind of fancy stuff too! feel free to not answer if you don't want to though.

also, why the enemas? i'm just curious as i know little to nothing about it.

oh, and i carry all my protein smoothies with me in old peanut butter jars, usually a clif bar, or veggie burger, or tofu......basically protein only, i can get most other parts of my diet from the restaurant i work at.

awesome job so far. i enjoy reading this, it's really REALLY impressive.

Vegangirl, really? Yeh you can def juice those greens and b/c you have no fiber in the juice it certainly takes alot more veggies.

Dani, I am blending alot still but I want to juice more to switch things up and no not to get more calories in but to switch up my intake and get some quick nutrition in without the fiber. Juice goes right through you and has a much higher cleansing effect as well as the nutrients being absorber quicker b/c you have removed the fiber from the veggies/fruit. Energy levels out of whack, do you highger highs and lows instead of stability? I never really got that feeling from juice, I mean I do get a surge and rush after a juice but I def don't crash. I feel better after a juice as opposed to a blend and lighter. I just feel that you lose a bit when you take away the fiber and it's a pain to set up and clean the juicer so I do a combo of both of them. A strict juice feast, is nothing but juice, no blends, so as to have the highest cleaning effect possible, I didn't want that and would wager i'd be losing weight at a more rapid pace had I done it that way, it speeds up weight loss imo not slow it down.

Food, well I don't tally the costs. I would rather spend more money on food/produce than anything else. It's your body, what could be worth more than your body? I'll give you some prices:

31lb box durian $33

box of 9 young thai coconuts $12

40lb box organic bananas $25 (about 69 cent per lb)

Organic Fruits (usually about $25-35 per shopping trip)

Organic Vegetables (usually about $18-$28 per shopping trip)

2 1/2 trays wheatgrass $25

The algae powders i get dirt cheap b/c i buy in bulk about 70% off retail.

As far as the enema flushes, imho, I truly feel that there is much benefit to enemas and colonics as well as implants. I haven't done implants yet but basically when you insert food in that fashion, it goes straight into your colon and nothing is lost and it has a better chance of absorbing and a more potent effect as it is basically 'placed' into your intestinal tract, like a couple of oz of wg. I think the enemas help to keep things moving where sometimes with all the repairing going on and old crap/toxins being flushed out of your cells, they need somewhere to go and normal elimination sometimes cannot cut the mustard in emptying you out properly, so stuff can wind up reabsorbing. If I could afford it, i'd be getting colonic sessions ever 1 1/2-2 1/2 weeks right now but I cannot, they're expensive. My colonist told me she nows i'm against unnatural methods but she wanted me to take a magnesium laxative, like something called 'Natural Calm' as I wasn't coming to her as often as recommended and I needed to help get everything out quicker than the normal way of eliminating. She said the enemas would help as well. I am certainly not doing a laxative. After an enema flush, I feel great, I can't explain it but I feel lighter and cleaner immediately. Again I know many people here feel these methods are totally useless, unnatural and unnecessary but for me, they work and I believe in them. That's pretty much all I can say..

Thank you both for your continued kind words. It is much appreciated and although I am focused, it still feels good to receive the kind support from others to keep me going on this extended feast...

Thursday, June 12th DAY TWELVE

Morning Weight: 194lbs (-1lb) My weight is stabilizing for more than

2 days which is good; exactly what I want right now.

Bodyfat: 11% (-1%)

Pre-Made some blends last night for today

Today's Intake

-8oz rejuvelac

-64oz organic fruit juice blend (2 young thai coconuts, 1 organic lime, 2

cups frozen wild blueberries, 1 1/2 cups organic frozen rsapberries, 1 1/2

cups organic frozen strawberries)

-64oz organic vegetable juice blend (1 conventional avocado, 2 organic

green apples, 1 organic lemon, organic sorrel, organic watercress,

organic purple kale, organic dandelion greens, organic cilantro, organic

red swiss chard)

-48oz Durian Juice Blend (2 1/2 cups frozen durian)

-174grams spirulina/chlorella blend in 75oz water.

-52oz organic juice blend (6 organic bananas)

Edited by Lean and Green

yeah dude (ah i can actually use the phrase dude and literally refer to you!). It's really not as insane as you think and it's not like i'm trying to 'feed' myself that way. I'm talking an ounce of liquid 2-3 ounces at best and of something that you just want to go on a clean palette. It's not a very foreign concept, just not something that everyone does. Chances are though, if you've done enemas or colonic, you've probably either done them or heard of them. At many healing centers, take the Ann Wigmore Institute in Puerto Rice for example.

Sample Day at the Wigmore Institute

As you can see at 4pm, the visitor learns how to perform enemas and she doesn't write it, but they do ask you to do a daily implant of 1oz wheatgrass every day before you go to bed while you're there...

Def not shoving copious amounts of food into myself that way, lol. Theraputic value more than anything.

Wow L&G this is very impressive. I look forward to reading your progress. I have thought about doing a fast but am quite happy with the muscle and weight gains i have gotten since i started my program, but you seem to be keeping the muscles on. your new avatar looks awesome.

Congrats on the juice feast, sounds amazing

I probably need something like this, so I can lose my last few pounds, but still keep my energy going for the gym. Only problem is I like solid food too much lol, and I've never juiced greens before

thanks phillipeb and hsorlando!

Phillip, so far so good, I just continue to get stronger and build and grow but I am also taking in alot of calories, usually forcefully. My appetite has shrunken enormously and I would be satisfied with half the amount I am consuming right now with even lower cal days in betwee but I know that would promote too much lose too fast and lbm loss in excess so i swig back ,more than I desire. It will come in handy as I progress and may start to consume less if need be.

Hsorlando, you can do it, it just takes dedication and you have to be on top of yourself and have to want it. It's intersting how several have noted they never juiced greens before. That was the first thing I ever juiced 8 years ago and what I juiced the most. I would love to hear of more people juicing greens here and there or blending them. You can get so much more in that way...

FOR THE RECORD (caps b/c it was exciting), just to give an example of how my workouts have only been enhanced since this feast started. 2 1/2 weeks ago, my 1rm for deadlifting was 405lbs and I weight in at around 204lbs. Today, I was able to deadlift 425lbs (+20lbs!) without a problem and I am weighing in at around 194lbs (10lbs lighter). I can def lift more but i saved my strength and energy for good mornings....

There is no way I will be able to sustain my strength and muscle when i'm weighing in at around 180lbs in a couple of weeks...... is there? I'm expecting not to as you have to lose some lbm when you drop major bf but as of now i'm thriving and I don't mind being weaker to look more ripped, it's summertime baby and i'd like potentially compete this late fall, why not, I deserve it.

Once that's all said and dont 500lb deadlifts watch out b.c here I come!

Also my racquetball game has turned deadly. I am a helluva lot faster and the splats i'm firing are 2-3 times harder and severe. The person I played today, asked me what I have been taking, what magic pill, as he couldn't even touch the ball whereas in the past he'd score some off me.

Hey Giacomo, this is a very interesting blog. I once started liquid fast in Cuba but I wasn't half as informed about nutrition as I am now. I was also omni and not a lot into bb.

Now that I read your blog I'm planning to do what you're doing for two weeks back home before going on a hiking backpack trip where I won't be able to keep it going. By the time when I start my feast I will have lots of tropical fruits available and my mum is already getting some frozen for me. Ah- I will also start to train with my brother in a stronger fashion as I told him yesterday that I want to compete next year.

Do you feel like most of the weight you've lost is bf? Is it getting too hard to keep some muscle on? (I've read your posts but now you've been longer on the feast so perhaps you can give me some new impressions)

You- whatever, Congratulations!! It seems to me that you're very happy with what you're doing. (And I also like Sunny, cute parrot)

Friday, June 13th DAY THIRTEEN

Morning Weight: 194lb, Now that's what i'm talkin about, maintenance,

I don't want to lose too quick right now!

Bodyfat: 11% (stabilizing at a percent lower than when i started, good

stuff)

Performed 2 bag morning enema flush.

Today's Intake

-40oz organic fruit juice blend (6 organic bananas)

-42oz fruit juice juice blend (2 1/2 cups frozen durian)

-232oz spirulna/chlorella blend in 75oz water WOOHOO!

-40oz organic fruit juice blend (2 organic bananas, 2 cups frozen organic

raspberries)

-50oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic watercress, organic

dandelions, organic tri color chard, organic cilantro, 2 organic green

apples, 1 organic lemon, 1 conventional avocado, organic sunchoke)

Edited by Lean and Green

Lena, Sunny loves ya and says thank you!

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8265/p1020170bu5.jpghttp://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9859/p1010990qg7.jpg

I am excited to hear that you want to also do a fast, remember, this is a 'feast' i'm doing, it isn't restricted, well, in a sense it isn't. Fasts are much more vigorous, i'm taking in alot, it's just all liquid and only fruits and veggies. I started with coconut oil but now that i have coconuts, it doesn't make sense to me to add oil and i have have no reason to add nuts or grains and don't think i will....

I am also delighted that you are looking to compete next year. I am also feeling a competition, this board has helped alot in motivating me and sharing my progress as well as watching others. I would like to do one in mid-late fall of this year and i'm pretty sure i'm going to give it a go. I just want to hire a good trainer to help me pose right and create a routine; I need to learn how to pose better.

As far as strength/muscle maintenance/muscle loss, so far so good i think Lena. Honestly I truly feel that there is now way it can be all bf loss and no lbm loss especially once i start to lose more, it just doesn't make sense. However, I continue to get stronger with everything I do and make progress so it certainly seems that way. I am ecstatic with this way of dieting right now; i feel super clean, have enormous amount of energy and as far as impressions go, read the above post a couple of posts above about the deadlift. Sooner or later the strength will stabilize and decrease but i'm enjoying the fact that hasn't happened yet....

Bought Today

-26lb box of 4 frozen durians

-2 boxes of young thai coconuts (18)

I will have to be without durian for a day of two as these will take some days to thaw out and I have barely any prepared left

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5117/p1020169ku3.jpg

Lena, Sunny loves ya and says thank you!

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8265/p1020170bu5.jpghttp://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9859/p1010990qg7.jpg

Awww those are such cute pictures!!! Sunny is really gorgeous, look at those colors!!!

Thanks for the advice I won't probably be posting while in Cuba but when I come back I will make sure to let you know how did it all go. I know I will have spirulina which I love and even though I will be experimenting with myself I have the feeling that I will be cleaner and stronger. (Ok- now I'm thinking of a guava/mamey smoothie. Just 4 more weeks...)

Edited by Lena01

Good job for your deadlift at 425lb!

hey guess what, you won't be alone for the next 2 weeks, I'll start a juice feast monday, for 14 days. I was thinking about this for later this summer, but your blog made me thirsty so I'll start sooner!

I've read Lena might do it too, that's great.

I already have lots of stuff in the freezer: kale, spinach, parsley, mint. Frozen bananas, cranberries, strawberries, I got a pineapple, and I'll buy some more citrus, berries, apples, grapefruits... This will be great and delicious!

So I'll write about all the juices everyday in my food journal, and I'll come see how you're doing here once in a while.

Have a good week-end!

yeah dude (ah i can actually use the phrase dude and literally refer to you!). It's really not as insane as you think and it's not like i'm trying to 'feed' myself that way. I'm talking an ounce of liquid 2-3 ounces at best and of something that you just want to go on a clean palette. It's not a very foreign concept, just not something that everyone does. Chances are though, if you've done enemas or colonic, you've probably either done them or heard of them. At many healing centers, take the Ann Wigmore Institute in Puerto Rice for example.

Sample Day at the Wigmore Institute

As you can see at 4pm, the visitor learns how to perform enemas and she doesn't write it, but they do ask you to do a daily implant of 1oz wheatgrass every day before you go to bed while you're there...

Def not shoving copious amounts of food into myself that way, lol. Theraputic value more than anything.

Hey Lean and Green,

I think you are a nice guy and obviously not stupid. Though after reading a little about that institute I feel it's even more insane as I tought.

To be honest I feel they are worse than the guy who ripped you of with those clothes, not to mention dangerous.

I think you feeling better after having a colonic etc. is a placebo effect.

I almost fell of my chair when I looked at the prices.

Have a look at this: http://www.ncahf.org/pp/colonic.html , http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/colon-cleansers-are-they-safe , http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3x_Colon_Therapy.asp .

I don't want to offend you, actually I care otherwise I would not post this.

I'm Your Man, that's great man. I'm glad reading this blog gave you the itch to do something similar. You will feel great immediately and it will only get better, at least that's the way it has been working out for me. I look forward to hearing all about it!

Hey VeganDude,

I am getting my day started bf work and I thank you for those links. I read the first one briefly and I will read through the other ones as soon as I can possibly tonight or tomorrow. I still feel they're beneficial and that is one out of the many other healing centers that have changed people's lives. Granted, they're expensive but your life is one of a kind and irreplaceable. I know there is much controversy on the subjects but for me they feel right. I will look further into all materials and thank you for your concern....

Saturday, June 14th DAY FOURTEEN

Morning Weight: 194lbs (I finally found a number to stabilize at, thank

goodness, i'll restrict when i want to drop more)

Bodyfat: 11%

Performed 2 bag enema flush

Today's Intake

-116 grams spirulina/chlorella blend in 42oz water

-50oz organic fruit juice blend (9 organic bananas)

-42oz organic fruit juice blend (2 young thai coconuts, 2 cups frozen wild

blueberries, 1/2 organic lime)

-75oz organic vegetable juice blend (organic watercress, organic chards,

organic cilantro, organic lacinto kale, organic dandelions, 2 organic green

apples, 1 organic lemon, 1 organic lemon)

Worked pretty hard, wouldn't be surprised if I lost a lb on the scale when i wake up to weight myself later this afternoon (just got home from a 21hr shift, haven't slept yet).....

If hope someone is reading this and perhaps has an idea as to what may be going on. If not, maybe i'll start a thread about it. About a week ago people started telling me I smelt like pot. Last night, 6 different people accused me of smoking pot and said i reeked. I finally figured out it was my breath. They said it is so unmistakably similar to the smell of pot that it is uncanny. What is it about my juice feast that could be causing that?

The only thing I can think of but it doesn't make any sense, it ketosis. Ketosis would cause foul breath but it is when someone consumes nothing but protein for that to happen, no? I am consuming a balanced diet of all macronutrients without one overshadowing the other. Or perhaps it comes from consuming very little as well but i am averaging around 3000+ calories a day!

I'm very confused and a tad bit freaked out. I don't want everyone to think I am some sort of a 24/7 stoner (mainly b/c i don't smoke). What is going on, any thoughts?????????

Sunday June 15th, DAY FIFTEEN

Morning Weight: 193lbs (-1lb)

Bodyfat: 10% (-1%) <-- this makes sense b/c I have been

losing alot of fat around my midsection, very noticeably and I keep

measuring my waistline (I actually am starting to have one now) and

taking notice that it continues to get smaller

Today's Intake

-24oz Organic Vegetable JUICE (organic watercress, organic ginger,

organic dandelions, organic swiss chards, organic burdock root, organic

sunchoke, organic lacinto kale, organic cilantro, organic celery, organic

bok choy) I'm telling you, without the ginger, juices are CRAP! Love the

ginger

The greens that were just juiced, they posses me

http://i30.tinypic.com/sglm5e.jpg

-40oz organic juice blend (5 organic bananas)

-Another 26oz organic vegetable juice made in the juicer; similar makeup

as the first one.

-40oz organic fruit juice blend (My baby organic watermelon!!! It only had one seed in it, weird but i suppose one is better than none )

-70oz organic fruit juice (5 organic oranges, 1 organic grapefruit)

I gave my body some sort of a rest today from the high calorie coconuts and durians. I have been feeding my body far more than it has been craving so I decided to listen and rest for a day on that. Also b/c this week if I do what I intend on exercise wise (cycling trip + cardio), I will be needing alot of calories and will have to take in ALOT

Edited by Lean and Green

If hope someone is reading this and perhaps has an idea as to what may be going on. If not, maybe i'll start a thread about it. About a week ago people started telling me I smelt like pot. Last night, 6 different people accused me of smoking pot and said i reeked. I finally figured out it was my breath. They said it is so unmistakably similar to the smell of pot that it is uncanny. What is it about my juice feast that could be causing that?

The only thing I can think of but it doesn't make any sense, it ketosis. Ketosis would cause foul breath but it is when someone consumes nothing but protein for that to happen, no? I am consuming a balanced diet of all macronutrients without one overshadowing the other. Or perhaps it comes from consuming very little as well but i am averaging around 3000+ calories a day!

I'm very confused and a tad bit freaked out. I don't want everyone to think I am some sort of a 24/7 stoner (mainly b/c i don't smoke). What is going on, any thoughts?????????

Sunday June 15th, DAY FIFTEEN

Morning Weight: 193lbs (-1lb)

Bodyfat: 10% (-1%) <-- this makes sense b/c I have been

losing alot of fat around my midsection, very noticeably and I keep

measuring my waistline (I actually am starting to have one now) and

taking notice that it continues to get smaller

Today's Intake

-24oz Organic Vegetable JUICE (organic watercress, organic ginger,

organic dandelions, organic swiss chards, organic burdock root, organic

sunchoke, organic lacinto kale, organic cilantro, organic celery, organic

bok choy) I'm telling you, without the ginger, juices are CRAP! Love the

ginger

The green is just juiced, they posses me

http://i30.tinypic.com/sglm5e.jpg

-40oz organic juice blend (5 organic bananas)

Ketons are used for energy when one doesn't eat carbs ( you can enter ketosis eating as little as 50g of carbs). Not your case though.

More on ketosis here:

Bodyopus Diet and Ketosis

I was rummaging through some old MM2k issues from 1996 and came across one of Dan Duchaine’s Guru columns about the BodyOpus diet and using Ketostix to determine if you’re going into ketosis. I know the BodyOpus diet is similar to the T-Dawg diet as far as restricting carbs, but what's your take on this diet and using the Ketostix?

GySgt R. Puentes

USMC

It’s not a bad plan for a competitive bodybuilder but it’s a bit extreme for an average guy just wanting to look good nekkid. As with most low carb diets (or at least the extreme ones), you can’t keep this ripped condition for long and certainly can’t build muscle on such a plan, at least naturally. The T-Dawg Diet is pretty easy and forgiving compared to BodyOpus.

As for the little piss sticks, most experts these days agree that they’re overrated as a dieting tool. In many cases, you can be in ketosis and the sticks will show that you’re not. It’s just not as cut and dried as once believed.

There’s a lot of confusion about keto diets with some authors preferring to stay at 20 grams of carbs or below per day to hit ketosis and others saying that anything under 100 grams a day will put you in ketosis no matter what color the Ketostix turn. And then there’s the ultimate question: do you really need to be in ketosis in the first place?

We’ve asked John Berardi to address these issues in an upcoming "Appetite for Construction" column. Look for it in the near future.

And here is the Appetite for Construction:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=461087

No idea what the smell could be. Maybe you're getting rid of some toxins. How does it taste?