Re-introduction - markc7 is back

markc7

Hi VBBF,

Well, I'm back. It's been months since I've posted or checked in on the forums regularly. There have been some big changes in my life. Hopefully I am through the worst of it.

Last summer a relationship with a very close friend of mine became increasingly complex. Although I knew what I wanted and what I needed to do with respect to our friendship, I made some bad decisions and ended up cutting off contact with her, as well as much of the online vegan community that I was a part of.

The major reason that I did that was to try to preserve a long term relationship that I was in. Although others saw it, I didn't realize that that relationship was beyond repair. Things in that relationship became worse and worse throughout the winter, and I eventually left just a few weeks ago. I am now planning to move to south western Ontario in the next couple of months, which will be a nice change of scenery but will be tough.

Throughout all this, I have still been running, albeit less than usual. I haven't been in the gym in ages, except for taper and recovery biking. I have done two ultramarathons so far this year, with three or four more planned for the rest of 2008 (ambitious, I know). If you're interested, I've posted race reports here and

here.

Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things around here. I've missed these forums, especially reading about other people's progress. Maybe I'll even get inspired to get back to lifting weights. We'll see.

markc7

Welcome back! You have one of the all time great physiques in the history of this forum. I am thinking of a specific photo that blows everyone away.....I saw it recently looking back at old photos for fun....if I find it, I'll post it.

Thanks for writing and welcome back home!

Thanks for the welcome back, guys. Sorry I left you wondering. It was a lousy situation all around but I'm hoping to be around a fair bit this summer.

I think 100 miles ultramarathon is something simply unbelievable

It was pretty unbelievable to me when I first started running. Many of the physical limits that we put on ourselves are mental. it's a cool feeling to challenge those limits in yourself and to help others to questions their's.

You have one of the all time great physiques in the history of this forum.

I don't know about that, but thanks anyways!

Het Mark. I think I remember you posting once or twice or perhaps I saw your posts from when you once were active when I first joined up here. Welcome back!

I have no intention on an ultramarathon right now but I remember reading in a Runner's World training book about people who did them and I couldn't even believe they actually existed. I was in awe and was thinking to myself, what... does like 1 person run it and race against themselves? Who could do such a thing?

It has been a dream of mine to be able to do one even since I read that chapter 5 years ago. First things first, I need to complete a marathon and I have other goals at the moment.

BUT I think you are an amazing athlete and look up to you for accomplishing such feats. It is very cool that you are here and I can here of your tales, they're legendary to me already