Longer time between creatine off-cycles

This was very interesting. The author - Mark Tarnopolsky - is very well respected and so is his research. I have read quotes from other bodybuilders that say they do not cycle their creatine. I still do, just to extend the container a bit more.

When I took it before I never cycled either and had great results all the way through. It was with Kre-Alkalyn, though. I don't think there will be any difference with regular monohydrate. I just started taking it again a few weeks ago and I have always doubted the logic behind cycling, so I am trying to find some new studies that look into cycling it.

I actually asked DV this a few days ago.

Why cycle creatine if meat eaters get 1-2g a day?

Yep, that is exactly why I think that. Since we are vegans and have no direct source of creatine, why not supplement everyday so we have a direct source. It doesn't seem to interfere with the absorption rate of meat eaters.

Zack and I did discuss this a few days ago. I could never find a definitive study pointing to a better outcome with cycling, although it is certainly a common practice.

I know that Josh uses creatine without cycling. I wonder if he has cycled recently and noticed any difference.

Thanks for the link. It's always good to see solid research behind supplementation.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about this Creatine too. Usually synthetic stuff is not good.

I googled Creatine and read the Wikipedia page Check this out.

In humans, approximately half of stored creatine originates from food (mainly from fresh meat and fish). Since vegetables do not contain creatine, vegetarians show lower levels of muscle creatine which, upon creatine supplementation, rise to a level higher than in meat-eaters

In my situation I decided to become vegan not because it is a healthier lifestyle. I tried to avoid artificial stuff as much possible.

Hence, I will try harder to see what comes out off vegan food + weight training.