Hey all, New guy here

Guest SportyDog

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the veggie world. I started a vegetarian diet about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't too gung ho about telling everyone I was going vegetarian and the few I did I told them I was just trying it out for a while in an effort to lose weight. People were asking me if it was permanent and at first I told everyone no, i'm just trying to lose weight for a now.

I have to say after about 2 weeks, I really think I'm gonna stay this way. So far I love it.

I'm trying to get back into the gym, I used to be a rat but I've turned into a pudgy used to work out guy.

I'm looking forward to getting myself back into lifting and learning more about vegan training from this board!

cheers.

Thanks BJJ.

I'm trying to get back into BJJ too. Trained a little over the years. Guess Mac Danzig is quite the famous Vegan. Definately shows you can make it in MMA as a Vegan, that guys impressive by any standards.

I love Brazilian jiu jitsu, so I love to here when someone either trains it or at least somewhat follows it

Mac was pretty well known on here, at least to the mma fans. And I think after going on the ultimate fighter his name is def more well known. Just one more example of how someone on a vegan diet can do as well as the carnivores.(if not better )

Welcome! You've definitively made the right decision. Remember that if you have any problems, it's easiest to come here and ask for advice. I haven't had a single question which hasn't been answered. The wonderful people here really seem to know almost anything when it comes to veganism or training.