PMVegan's big fat intro thread

PMvegan

Greetings all. I am a new member here. My story, quickly: short-time vegan, longer-time vegetarian, long-time dogma questioner. I decided to go vegan again after visiting an amazing organization here in California called Farm Sanctuary. The sanctuary mostly houses 'downed' animals that have been left to die on factory farms. The farm reacquainted me with the horrors of factory farming, and I decided that the most compassionate thing to do would be to go vegan. I have been interested in bodybuilding for a while, been lifting casually for a couple years and fairly seriously for around 5 months.

While I wanted to go vegan, I didn't want to hurt my bodybuilding progress. I have been repping for Vega for about a year, so I thought I'd check out this Robert Cheeke guy and this crazy vegan bodybuilding thing... man was I impressed with some physiques on this site! I have met Brendan Brazier and can attest to the fact that he is FIT. So I put two and two together and decided to ante up and try it out. I'm fairly slender, at 6' 2â€

Welcome Pablo!

Great intro, hope you'll post pics soon.

Nice to hear that this forum seems to be a huge motivator for you. It has done the same for a lot of people, including myself.

Hi PMVegan,

Welcome to the forum.Is a great bunch on here & will make you feel welcome

I've gotta say I dropped in strength a little when I changed from Vege to Vegan but I think its a matter of making sure you have the right Vegan diet.The diet section on here is pretty useful if you have any problems.After tuning my diet for a month or so I think I have got a good balance now & am making the same sort of gains in muscle as I was before

Peace out dude