GREETINGS ALL!

IronRonin

Hey everyone! I have been a vegan for about 8 months now, after being ovo-lacto veggie on and off for years. I was inspired by several vegan athletes to give it a shot, and I have been absolutely loving it. I train MMA 4-5 times a week, and it has helped me excel very rapidly in my training. I have been primarily following the principles of The Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier, with great success. I am 6'3" and 185, in the best shape of my life, and I am going to try to get my first pro MMA fight within the year (I just turned 29). I trained ITF Taekwon-do for many years as a teenager, but have only been training in MMA for less than a year. This seems like a great forum and it looks like I can learn a lot here! Cya around!

Hey welcome!

Yea alot of mma folks here. Glad you found this site. Congrats on 8 months being vegan, it only gets better as the months and years progress.

I have to read his book, I never have but so many people here have been influenced by it, I need to pick up a copy myself and get inspired!

Isn't it great how a proper diet can fuel your training and advance you in leaps and bounds?

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I've already heard great things about this place from everyone over at Vegan Fitness forum.

Yes, so far I love how much of a difference what food I have been eating has made in my life. I never thought that the impact could be this fantastic, mentally or physically. If this is how good my first year is, I can't wait for the ones to follow. I have been very successful in getting others to try eating a more whole foods plant based diet based on my results as well, and have even convinced two of my friends to go completely vegan. They are both also experiencing the "Thrive" effect, and it makes me very happy to have helped them. I am beginning to think that my calling is to help convince the masses that this is the way to live. I am amazed by how few people enjoy this diet, and how many people think it's total unhealthy nonsense. Looks like there is a lot of work to be done!!