Lizzie before and after

What happened with Tom Cruise?

It was one of his Scientology Moments. He publicly criticized Brooke Shields for taking medication to treat her post-partum depression. Brooke wasn't very pleased about that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You look great Lizzie. I lost 30 pounds myself from running and exercise, but now I cannot for the life of me put any back on. I eat close to 2,500 calories a day!!

You do not look fat at ALL, you just have a slightly larger frame overall than I do. I would love to have that, my frame is teeny tiny and people give me shit all the time for being "too skinny." We're all built differently. Just focus on being healthy and good to yourself, and you'll end up where you're supposed to be.

Likewise, Pam.

I have a hard time putting on muscle and I have skinny little legs.

It's easier said than done, and I should really take my own advice but: Don't obsess over your weight too much. It just causes unnecessary stress and anguish. Focus on being healthy and everything should follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hum, I noticed that for some reason I haven't commented on this topic even though you have made a wonderful transformation! You look like a totally different person, a great body! You also look a lot happier with your present body than before.

When will we have more photos?

• 3 weeks later...

Lizzie -

My advice is to keep track of your daily exercise in terms of minutes instead of in terms of miles.

Exercise for a block-of-60-minutes each day and see if that helps.

For example, if your run takes less than an hour, then do another exercise for the rest of the hour after you get home.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been here in a while, but I'm back. I'm at 120 right now but my goal is to be 115 by my 20th birthday on September 7th.

Thanks for all the advice.

5 lbs in 34 days. 2.35 ounces a day. That's water weight. At your age that's doable. Good luck kiddo.

Ok, I want to say congrats on the great transition.

However after reading all your posts in this thread I am actually a little worried.

You are 120 pounds @ 5 feet, well within a healthy range for your height. You seem overly obsessed with the fact that you have "gross fat" I just really, really hope that you are not developing an eating disorder. You look great, and it doesn't seem you have taken a step back to see just how great you look. I am not going to lie, that worries me just a little.

• 3 weeks later...
The middle of the "Normal Weight" section of the BMI chart is 21.7.

Lizzie is above that (her current BMI is 23.4), and will be closer if she loses 5 pounds (her possible BMI of 22.5.)

I say, Good Luck!

I don't agree with this because BMI is based on sedentary people, and she built some muscle to replace fat

The middle of the "Normal Weight" section of the BMI chart is 21.7.

Lizzie is above that (her current BMI is 23.4), and will be closer if she loses 5 pounds (her possible BMI of 22.5.)

I say, Good Luck!

I don't agree with this because BMI is based on sedentary people, and she built some muscle to replace fat

The BMI isn't an accurate indicator of ? It doesn't measure bodyfat percentage. According to the BMI chart a ripped 6' 1" 200 lbs is overweight.

Lizzie's muscles are probably in good condition from her training.

However, I don't think she has so many more pounds-of-muscle than the BMI chart designers expected as to make the chart irrelevant.

To be honest, it really does. The BMI chart is not a very good indicator of anything really, it doesn't take into account a person's bone structure, nor the distribution of the weight. I mean its ok for someone who hasn't lifted a weight in their life, and I guess it lets you set your goals, but beyond that it really isn't a good measure of the health of a person.

As an example,too kind of point out the inherit problems of the BMI chart, I have a friend who has a little less muscle mass than me and looks at around the same as me, with the same height and good muscle distribution, but he weighs 160 with a bigger bone structure. I, on the other hand, have a smaller bone structure and a little bit stronger yet I only weigh 145. He would be considered overweight, but he is far from that.

• 3 weeks later...

You look totally great! Awesome job. At this point, though, i would say what you need to think about is not so much losing weight, but changing your body composition. Stepping on a scale isn't going to tell you anything. You've got to increase your lean mass and cut down body fat. The single best way to cut your body fat is to cut your fat intake in your diet. if you don't eat fat (or food that easily converts to fat), your body will shed fat, it's inevitable. But it takes a lot of willpower to eat that way, so you've got to be motivated! (I think you look fabulous now, but I know we all see areas of ourselves we want to improve. Kudos to you for making this much progress tho, you really look great!)

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm back and still struggling with my diet and exercise regime. This is a picture of me last month. I've probably gained 3 solid pounds since then. My diet sucks and I have 0 time to cook because of work and school. I'm also incredibly tired all the time. I probably need to eat more fresh food rather than pb&j and subway. Also I've been drinking more coffee. I feel like I can't function without a long nap everyday and since I'm 20 I feel like that should not be the case. Sorry I'm always asking for help. I can't figure out how to balance my diet/life.

1170718712_Ffld06.thumb.jpg.c9f9036e0bd7995311604d4320404f5c.jpg

You look great!

Well if you have zero time to cook, the best and healthiest options are : bananas, apples, strawberries, cherries, grapes and all kinds of fruits that you can bring everywhere, cucumbers, celery, carrots and other veggies, salads, shakes, juices, seeds, nuts, raw supplements like Larabars. Or make your own sandwiches, which will be more fresh than Subways.

Hi everyone! I'm back and still struggling with my diet and exercise regime. This is a picture of me last month. I've probably gained 3 solid pounds since then. My diet sucks and I have 0 time to cook because of work and school. I'm also incredibly tired all the time. I probably need to eat more fresh food rather than pb&j and subway. Also I've been drinking more coffee. I feel like I can't function without a long nap everyday and since I'm 20 I feel like that should not be the case. Sorry I'm always asking for help. I can't figure out how to balance my diet/life.

Hi Lizzie!

It is good to see you on the board again. Let me add another "you look GOOD!" to the chorus. I hear you. I've been there. There are no easy answers. There are only so many hours in the day and you have a finite amount of energy. I consider adequate nutrition, rest, and minimal exercise to the foundation, without which nothing else will stand. I can't function well deprived of any of those for a significant amount of time. I've chosen to finish things later, borrow more money or otherwise eat the consequences of making room for those basics. Yes, sometimes you have no choice. Hang in there.

Besides the raw stuff that I mentioned and that are easy to carry with you, there is always meals that you can cook at home and are easy and quick to make, while still being pretty healthy. Some ideas: put some yellow split peas in 1.5x water and heat for 20-30 minutes. You have a nice pea soup to eat with bread and salad. Also, pastas, or tofu and vegetables in a wok. Or, put lots of vegetables in water with a cube of vegetable bouillon and herbs to make an easy soup. There are also many raw recipes that take less than 5 minutes to do. http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm Or on organicathlete.org

When you're in such magnifient shape, it's so wonderful how you can fluctuate and not notice a difference in conditioning as you still look just as perfect as I recalled. Anyhow, stress can do funny things i'm sure your busy. Coffee imho isn;t the answer but it's probably serving it's purpose at the moment and i'm sure you'll figure out sans coffee times and vice versa and use them to your advantage. Veggie juice gives me a buzz but it can be a pain to concoct and tea in times of desparation or just to stimulate the nervous system. Bottom line still lookin good, glad to have you here and have fun with your training as it continues to pay off, once you have more time to.... It will always be there, when you can resume with it