A shameless plug for my new forum

michaelhobson

Okay, not really completely shameless. I've supported this forum since there were about five members and it ran as a javascript application at the bottom of the main page, and I will continue to support it and post here regardless. But 80% of it is fitness oriented and I'm just not any more, so I'm looking for more variety. Rather than complain, I thought I'd start my own.

I have a really active forum on my Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup page at http://vegan.meetup.com/399/boards/ , but it's mostly local and group oriented and doesn't offer categories or many features. My new forum is more of an outgrowth and expansion of that forum, now I can make it do what I want.

So, with all clarifications, explanations and apologies out of the way, my new forum is at http://www.theveganpeople.com If you're bored on Monday when this forum is down, register and say hello to some old and new friends. Wondering what's up with Compassionategirl, Veganmadre or Tatman6006? They are hanging out at my place. Stop by and say hello.

Thanks Ya'll, I'm really bad at self-promotionl.

Awesome! The more forums out there the more likely they are to appeal to more people.

All the best with it!

I'll promote it on myspace and other social networking sites as well.

Cheers to the growth and popularity of your new forum!

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome! The more forums out there the more likely they are to appeal to more people.

All the best with it!

I'll promote it on myspace and other social networking sites as well.

Cheers to the growth and popularity of your new forum!

Thanks Rob, it's going pretty well so far: Total posts 779 -Total topics 107 - Total members 26

I remember those days on VB&F.

I remember them well too. I spent 8-12 hours a day for nearly two years to try to build this place so now, years later, it builds itself.

I hope your forum succeeds and I can even help promote it through my online networks via myspace, facebook, etc. I'm connected to thousands and wouldn't mind passing it along.

Remember....you had the First Ever Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness booth way back when, even before I ever exhibited at an event.

How does that quote go?

"Our history together is longer than the road ahead."

Something like that.

Anyway, all the best with the new forum. You started your forum for the same reason I started my forum....the frustration with other forums.

All the best!

Remember....you had the First Ever Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness booth way back when, even before I ever exhibited at an event.

You've got a good memory Rob. Hard to believe that was only 3 years ago, seems like a lifetime. It probably does to you too, that's just how it is when you make sure your life is full to overflowing, 3 years can seem more like 10.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/michaelhobson/Charlottesville%20Veg%20Fest/Michael.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
the recipe looks kinda complicated but i really hope i'll try it sooner or later. the result looks damn tasty!

Yeah, they are the most popular vegan dish at the local restaurant from which the recipe was snagged. Before opening they hired a local guy to develop their recipes, especially the vegan ones. After the grand opening they just booted his ass right out the door, decided they could pay some low-wage line cooks to whip up his recipes. The quality has suffered there, but their secret recipe is no longer a secret so we make our own.