Douglas Graham

I was thinking about trying his diet plan and see how that works, but the problem i have is the cost of fruit is crazy. For me to get about 2000 calories form fruit i'd be spending 20 a day just on fruit alone and then add in the greens and i'd be close to 30 a day.

I was thinking about trying his diet plan and see how that works, but the problem i have is the cost of fruit is crazy. For me to get about 2000 calories form fruit i'd be spending 20 a day just on fruit alone and then add in the greens and i'd be close to 30 a day.

I say listen to your body first before you listen to someone that isn't you....you know what you like, what you want and when you want it better than anybody else on the planet!

But that's just me...if his program resonates with you then go for it!

Personally I don't get caught up in all that "stuff" I'll be lucky if I get 2000 calories in 2 days!...ha,ha, also chances are your over eating/comfort eating anyway so you can go within yourself and ask if your experiencing true hunger.

Richard

Edited by Bigbwii

So you get less than a 1000 calories a day? Do you belive there's such differenece between cooked and raw muscle from your experiance. I'm kinda relucdant to follow a program of a guy that looks like that. I mean he look decent, but not good by any means.

I have a strange feeling nowdays, I'm always hungry in my head, I know this sounds weird but my stomach is full as it can be, but I feel I need to eat, I eat very nutritious, but why is this? I feel this from when I switched to raw

It's habit baby!!!!....it takes time to undo all the mental/emotional attachments that we have been conditioned even before we were born...think about this....when you was in your mothers womb chances are she ate cooked foods under happy, angry and stressfull conditions/emotional....right?....well she was actually teaching you how to deal with emotions/stress by medicating it with foods....so when we go raw your mind tries to go to auto pilot and get the cooked foods but instead has to go on the hunt for it's next cooked food fix....it takes time and patients.

Hope that helped.

F1

Edited by Bigbwii

So you get less than a 1000 calories a day? Do you believe there's such differenece between cooked and raw muscle from your experiance. I'm kinda relucdant to follow a program of a guy that looks like that. I mean he look decent, but not good by any means.

There's a huge difference between cooked "muscle" and raw "muscle" with cooked foods your going to look way bigger because of the dynamics that come with it such as water retention, fats, partially digested waste and toxins to name a few....but when you go raw you don't have those options to play with....yes you can over eat on avocado's etc but you won't look or feel very good!

Who cares what he looks like...he's not you and hasn't lived your life....your the creator of your own physique.

Doug's goal is not to look like a body builder and neither is mine and I probably eat half of what he does but so what....I coudln't care less if I looked like Mr Bean as long as I was still healthy and strong but that's just me, I ain't gonna lie to you, if your worried about not looking like a 300lb bodybuilder then don't go raw....because you won't get what you want, when you want it!

Go raw for the health first!

F1

Edited by Bigbwii

Yeah, I'm having a really tuff time with this raw thing, and I'm always eating, I can't stop

Yeah it is extremely tough, especially in the beginning when your craving and cleaning out....cooked food is like a drug and your going to go through withdrawls like any other drug.....but if you work at it and get good advice now and again it will get much better....but yes...it's hardcore man!...once you get past the transition, it's a blast!

F1

I've been eatting 100 percent raw for the last 7 months and mostly for the last 18 months, but i havn't really gotten the results i'm looking for. I'd Imagine that's becasue at least 50 percent of my calories were coming from fats, so that's how i learned about Dr. graham. Usally i look at the person trying to sell a program to see if there getting the type of results that i'd like to get. IT's not about him not really having much muscle it's just over all he looks around his age and he's been eatting this way for 25 plus years.

I've been eatting 100 percent raw for the last 7 months and mostly for the last 18 months, but i havn't really gotten the results i'm looking for. I'd Imagine that's becasue at least 50 percent of my calories were coming from fats, so that's how i learned about Dr. graham. Usally i look at the person trying to sell a program to see if there getting the type of results that i'd like to get. IT's not about him not really having much muscle it's just over all he looks around his age and he's been eatting this way for 25 plus years.

Yeah I hear ya....He actually looks better in the flesh....I can't speak for his appearance and I'm not exactly Lee Haney or Denzel Washington but I know he's a good dude!

Btw....7 months raw is not even scratching the surface, there's a lot of work to be done, especially if you wanna start throwing goals and time scales in the mix!...if you don't have the patients to let your body do it's thing first then you won't get the chance to reach any goals.

Hoped that help man!

F1

Edited by Bigbwii

Richard, when yo craved things, did you honored them or suffered for a period of time to get over them?

When I first started as a Fruitarian I caved in to them like a cheap suit because I didn't know any better and had no support!!!!

Don't give in to cravings dude!!!!!...EVER!!!

Figure out how serious you are about doing this....do you wanna go "HARDCORE" or do you wanna "SLIDE" into it.....then stick to your decision.

F1

Edited by Bigbwii

Transitoning to vegetarian, and than vegan didn't give me a problem, but this raw thing is harder than I thought, I thought it's gonna be easy as to switch to a vegan diet

Yeah it was easy because you was still eating cooked foods!

F1

Transitoning to vegetarian, and than vegan didn't give me a problem, but this raw thing is harder than I thought, I thought it's gonna be easy as to switch to a vegan diet

F1

So what are your stats? You look pretty soild and really good for a guy eatting only fruit. How's your strength now compaired to when you eat cooked foods? not just body weight strength becasue that is helped any time you lose weight. How do you feel now and before?

F1

So what are your stats? You look pretty soild and really good for a guy eatting only fruit. How's your strength now compaired to when you eat cooked foods? not just body weight strength becasue that is helped any time you lose weight. How do you feel now and before?

Stats: Don't know and don't care, muscle mass is of no concern of mine anymore.

Strength: Just as strong as I ever was if not stronger, benched a PB of 305lbs as a Fruitarian a year or so ago...got a Deadlift PB of over 315lbs, can't remember exact numbers.

How I feel now: Liberated and way better.... in everyway.

Hope that helped

F1

I feel better and better on more raw food, and if I eat cooked food if I crave so much I feel shit after it, and I tried bulking, eating as much I can and now my stomach wants more and more, so I'm gonna turn it up to a hardcore level and go 100% raw

That's pretty decent numbers. That's a little better than my bench and about the same for dead lift. What's your height and weight

Yeah...so so...they would definately be better if weight training was my focus but that's something I do to play around every once in a blue moon....the bodyweight stuff is far more rewarding and challenging for me personally.

Well good luck to you.

F1

• 4 weeks later...

doug walks his talk. put trust in the dougsters teachings for sure!

ive spent a few months with him. noth'n going on behind the scenes. he is under a lot of stress from governments and folk diss'n 811rv. doug once told me 'use me as a stepp'n stone to reach higher levels'.

how lucky we are to be able to read a book to learn info that will give us profound results if we just take action on it and believe in mother nature..

im aiming for 700km in 24 hours on my bike in a few months time. doug is the reason behind the nutrition that will allow me to do this feat.

Dr D and Richard are very well educated with the raw food diet

I'm not sure how long Richard has been doing this for. But Dr. D has been doing his teaching on a raw food diet

80/10/10 for over 25 yrs.

I've been raw for 2 yrs as of August. It was hard at first because I was also hungry a lot. But in time it changes. Soon you won't need to eat that much. Like Richard said it's all to do with you emotions and feelings. But in time you'll truly listen to what your body is craving. Also your body is meant to move. So get out there and stay active.

On a easy training ride, I can burn over 2000 calories on my bike for every two hrs. And I still manage to stay in range. It varites though, I can eat a lot of calories one day. And there are times I don't eat much calories the next. I listen to what my mind needs and what it's telling me.

Keep it simple and not too complicated.

Fruit is expansive I know. Check out local farmer's markets, Co-op, or local grocery stores, or plant your own garden, pick your own fruits from other farmers. Also buy local and in season fruit. Become a member of any co-op store and receive a discounts.

I'm learning this now because I don't have a lot money now either.

http://www.bankrate.com/nltrack/news/pf/20080519_gardening_savings_a1.asp?ec_id=brmint_ns_weeklyroundup_20080711

http://www.bankrate.com/nltrack/news/cheap/20040901a1.asp?ec_id=brmint_ns_weeklyroundup_20080711

I had the pleasure to work with him and Lennie last October. He truly is a wonderful man.

He's also coming to Portland in August

http://www.rawlivingspirit.org

I bet you can't guess who's on the cover of this month's Northwest Veg? Anyways scroll down to page 3.

http://www.nwveg.org/PDF%20files/NWVEG_July08.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Hy!

This topic is about Douglas Graham, but i havent heard a lot about him so far.

but im very intrested in these diet because a do a lot of sport.

I am on raw only for 2 weeks, but i feel much stronger and i have gained muscle as well, but i eat a lot of sprouts as well and i am focusing increasing the amount of fruits in my diet.( i love them)

Actually its not hard for me, i mean the change to raw, i enjoy, i like salads and i eat tons of fruit what i like more

but anyway lets hear about D. G. !

thanks