how do you get siked?

i feel that my training sessions works a lot better if I sike myself up before going to the gym and I guess I'm not the only one who does this.

I usually watch some clips from the Rocky movies or listen to music that either makes me happy (leg days) or angry. Ronnie Coleman vids on youtube is always a good one too. I jump around a lot too, sometimes I flex while watching cool pics of Arnold.

How do you guys do it?

i feel that my training sessions works a lot better if I sike myself up before going to the gym and I guess I'm not the only one who does this.

I usually watch some clips from the Rocky movies or listen to music that either makes me happy (leg days) or angry. Ronnie Coleman vids on youtube is always a good one too. I jump around a lot too, sometimes I flex while watching cool pics of Arnold.

How do you guys do it?

From one of the worst spellers in the US and a frequent typographical error ("typo") maker, I mean no offense when I point out that the slang term is

"psyched".

FWIW, I have those Rocky clips from youtube bookmarked too

One of the best work out albums ever is the Greatest Hits Of Survivor ("Eye Of The Tiger" -- theme from Rocky 3 ). I have it on my mp3 player and it has yet NOT to get me pumped.

How do you guys do it?

From one of the worst spellers in the US and a frequent typographical error ("typo") maker, I mean no offense when I point out that the slang term is

"psyched".

You know BW i was always thought about that everytime I saw Johan write it as 'siked' and it is def one of his fav words. I just thought it was cool how he spelt it and it always put a smile on my face! Wondering why I never came across the word spelled like that and where he got that spelling from. I would imagine it's a slang way to spell it?

Some thihings I could think about that get me psyched:

-Reading threads by xjohanx using gratuitous amounts of the word 'siked'!

-Consumption of some cayenne pepper to heat up the body and if i'm

driving, blasting the heat with clothes on on high in addition, regardless of

the weather to heat everything up.

-Blasting music and screaming

-Banging things and yelling inside myself, C'MON, C'MON.

-pacing back and forth like a nutso in the gym constantly in between sets.

-outdoor bicycle ride

that's all i can think of at the moment....

How do you guys do it?

"psyched".

haha dude i know. i take no offense. i wirte siked because a lot of the (american) bands i listen to spell it in the same way.

FWIW, I have those Rocky clips from youtube bookmarked too

One of the best work out albums ever is the Greatest Hits Of Survivor ("Eye Of The Tiger" -- theme from Rocky 3 ). I have it on my mp3 player and it has yet NOT to get me pumped.

hahaha dude me too!! if i work out at night i often jog to the gym like rocky, you know punching the air and whatever.

L&G, your list is totally awesome. I'm gonna try the cayenne pepper thing.

Banging things is a good one too, i do that a whole lot!

I workout in my basement so no getting psyched on the way to the gym, but while Im working out, and i have wall painted in chinese symbols that means "suffering". each time I want to quit, or get tired, or my legs hurt after too many squats, I look at the symbols and get myself crazed about the next set.

I look at pictures of women who have really nice figures and go "I WANNA LOOK LIKE THAT!" and start pumping iron.

Also, I get my boyfriend to work out with me. I think I work harder than he does. I'm trying to build, he's maintaining. He's in really good shape. Not a big muscular guy or anything, and he's not too skinny. He's perfect!

I just think about squat day That's enough to get me worked up well enough in advance.

Other than that, I don't get psyched to lift - I find that if I get too worked up and excited about it, I tend to have bad sessions because if I miss anything that's my goal to hit on a lift, my mood goes downhill. Rather, my best sessions are the ones where I don't feel too excited, but am just in a decent mood and feeling calm when I hit the gym.

I read somewhere recently that there was a study done on lifters who did constant psyching up for every session and that they'd found that it has a decreased effect over time, that doing it on occasion is better to keep your lifting primed for best results if you use music/movies/etc. sparingly otherwise it will supposedly start to drain energy over a period of time. No idea how accurate that is, but it's an interesting notion, at the least.

I'm usually naturally siked about the gym. Most of the itme I don't need to do psychological stuff with myself.

I just put on gym clothes and look at myself like "Yeah, that's right! Now go get bigger".

If I'm not feeling well when I actually arrive I go and grab a racket and a ball and start playing squash. After 2 minutes I get excited and I'm playing kinda hard. The other day the biggest guy at my gym was hearing me and then in the weight room he goes like "Was it you? Darn what do you do for the shoulders??"

• 2 weeks later...
I like to breathe out very heavily between sets and not on purpose but often i wind up making a horse like noise when they blow air 'through their lips' i wanna say? Anyways, it always makes me laugh and gets me 'siked' at the same time.

I do the same thing..lol

I prefer watching the video clip of Glenn Danzig getting knocked out with 1 punch back stage by a big dude from another band at a show in 2005 or whenever it was. Glenn deserved it.

Youtube video clips that get me psyched

Bench mix-315 x 24 reps

Bolton v. Magnusson

8-time Mr. LIGHTWEIGHT!

Wanderlei Silva beat the crap out of anyone especial his heel facials

Peter Aerts HL headkick knockouts

Today I was shouting REM 'Losing my Religion' as I lifted (home alone you see). It really worked!

I was walking into the gym the other day and "Ice, Ice, Baby" was just starting. I was like HELL YEAH! But when I got closer to the fitness center I realized they had a different station on in there than what was on in the hallway.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AP0YYDV5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

or

http://www.punknews.org/images/covers/propagandhi-potemkin_city_limits.jpg

or

http://riseofcrust.net/images/products/detail/SeveredHeadLP.jpg

or

http://www.punknews.org/images/covers/pelican-the_fire_in_our_throats_will_beckon_the_thaw.jpg

or

http://dipset.mediapal.com/prodpics/jr_writer-writers_block-170.jpg

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6d/CageWeatherproof.jpg/200px-CageWeatherproof.jpg

...to just name a few of my classic rotations.

To get siked for a workout or Rugby I tend to do the normal stuff, listen to music, talk to myself etc...

I've also notice I hit myself, slap my legs etc - It sounds weird, but it works, When you are waiting to chase down the kick off playing rugby and smash full speed into the opposition player who has just caught the ball (Who is the same size or bigger than you) you wanna be siked. I do it when i'm squatting heavy etc too.

Before a Rugby game we also do the group sike...

We form a circle, and the captain gives you the Talk... Forwards I want you to go out there and hit em hard, smash them into the ground, I wanna see you pushing the around all day.... etc...

Then everyone yells and squeezes each other... 1,2,3 SQUEEZE.... 1,2,3 SQUEEZE, 1, 2, 3 SQUEEZE!!!!!!

Then you got out there and smash them

I usually just start shouting "lightweight, baby" and "yeah, buddy," along with many sounds and grunts.

LMAO, not really, I get naturally "siked" just when I know I'm going to work out (except on leg days, because that's no fun). Sometimes listening to Immortal Technique helps

I usually just like hearing some good music like most of you do (usually rock/punk/grunge during workouts).

I also like playing my drums or guitar before leaving for the gym. Totally puts me in the mood (for everything, not just workouts ). But it's risky - I tend to play WAY more time than I plan and realize it when the gym is nearly closed... (this is a PROBLEM. I miss trains and stuff because of my playing )