The Real McCain

michaelhobson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I like the part in that clip where he says something about Al Queda training terrorists and then one of his handlers immediately corrects him and gets him to say "Iran" instead. Doesn't this guy even know who hes supposed to be beating the war drum against?

Well, it's really hard to lie all day, so I can forgive him this one.

I'm surprised McCain is doing as well in the polls that he is. He or his staff seems to say at least 4 things a week any one of which should have torpedoed his campaign. I'm hoping that it isn't an indicator that a large segment of Americans are ready for a 3rd Bush term, but rather that it is simply a matter of it being the summer, people now paying attention, and that the race will heat up after September comes.

I'm surprised McCain is doing as well in the polls that he is. He or his staff seems to say at least 4 things a week any one of which should have torpedoed his campaign. I'm hoping that it isn't an indicator that a large segment of Americans are ready for a 3rd Bush term, but rather that it is simply a matter of it being the summer, people now paying attention, and that the race will heat up after September comes.

Well, we'll get either a third Bush term or a third Clinton term, one or the other. A third Clinton term would be slightly better (that is to say, less awful), but nothing to get excited about, so I can't blame my fellow Americans if they're not paying attention.

Edited by veginator

Well, we'll get either a third Bush term or a third Clinton term, one or the other. A third Clinton term would be slightly better, but nothing to get excited about, so I can't blame my fellow Americans if they're not paying attention.

Yeah, what a choice. I dislike that two-party-system.

Well, we'll get either a third Bush term or a third Clinton term, one or the other. A third Clinton term would be slightly better (that is to say, less awful), but nothing to get excited about, so I can't blame my fellow Americans if they're not paying attention.

Why do you equate Obama so strongly with Bill Clinton?

Why do you equate Obama so strongly with Bill Clinton?

As far as political outlook and policy (not personal life) is concerned, why would anyone not? Like both Clintons, he's a moderate Democrat (or what passes for moderate in the U.S.) who's a hit on Wall Street and with corporate America generally--check out his list of major contributors at opensecrets.org. Like Bill Clinton and most other successful politicians, he's a smooth talker full of flowery, nice-sounding, and completely empty rhetoric. Strip away all the empty talk about "hope" and "change" and he's just another mainstream politician.

The best hope for change is a reawakened American public that demands it, as happened during the Great Depression, the civil rights movement era, etc., not from whoever is in the White House or Congress.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not understand why the press is not hitting on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five With all the current scandals rocking the US economy, isn’t it very relevant that McCain was one of five principals involved in one of the largest scandals twenty years ago? And people claim there is liberal bias in the media (imagine if the situation was reversed – Obama was involved in something like that-, how much play this would be getting.)