Australia is world's fattest nation

Zack

Too many chances for them to eat Wild Dingo's and Witchity Grubbs.

And we all ride to work on kangaroos, right?!

Actually I think if Australians were eating more "bush tucker", then we'd all be much leaner (and greener) but unfortunately, as a nation and like much of the rest of the world, we've adopted the Standard American Diet and a sedentary lifestyle to match. It's a bit sad (no pun intended) to now tip the scales more than any other nation on Earth though.

Too many chances for them to eat Wild Dingo's and Witchity Grubbs.

And we all ride to work on kangaroos, right?!

Why would Australians do that when they have such cool cars?

Besides those roo's can be dangerous. I heard they can kick a hole in your chest.

All nations from all countries are getting fatter and fatter. It's just there's always gotta be a #1 and it happened to be Australia this year, maybe next year the world title is gonna come back to defeated champion USA

i'm routing for denmark

I don't know if it's true or not but I heard or read somewhere that if the excess food consumption in the west could be curtailed, we'd eliminate obesity and world food shortages plus contribute significantly to limiting the damage of climate change (from less CO2 and methane released during the production and consumption of many more calories than the average body actually needs).

Just doing my bit to add to the heresay that passes for science on the internet

Ever noticed a correlation between obesity and vehicle size? How many times have you seen fat people driving around in "fat" SUVs - lounge room on wheels, complete with sofa and DVD player? Fat cars for fat people.

Off-topic, but a scientist recently also said that if car makers reduced the weight of the average petrol/diesel engined vehicle by just 10% that would improve fuel consumption levels to those of current hybrid vehicles at a cheaper cost to consumers. Makes sense to me. We should be working to improve the fuel efficiency of existing vehicles and at the same time introducing plug-in (series) hybrids or full battery electric vehicles rather than the current crop of parallel hybrids and a "red herring" research focus on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.