Just when you thought it was safe to go out...

michaelhobson

Don't get me wrong, I wish VP was still here, but I have been in contact with him and everything he has said to me indicates he has no hard feelings towards Robert, he is still going to VV08, and he and Robert are still friends. This came right from Jeremy himself.

I've never heard of a forum where when someone is banned, the admin make a thread about it and say "XYZ was banned, and here's why" so I don't understand why people would expect it here. If the concern is not being able to contact VP, I am sure Rob would be happy to pass on his e-mail address, or direct you to a forum where VP is posting so you can contact him. But in terms of the reasoning for VP being banned, the fact that he was posting for so long should be an indication that the problems had been ongoing for a long time. The problems had gone on and on, and Rob had contacted him before about it - as far as I know. And it was a shame things ended up this way. Not everyone will agree that VP was too offensive or rude, some people would defend him. But it's ultimately Rob's decision to decide what is best. It's not a matter of "political correctness", nor is it about censorship, it's about wanting people to at least be civil and respectful to each other. Being rude or insulting should not be a "freedom" that people have, on a forum or anywhere else - in my opinion.

I personally can completely understand Rob's decision, although it's regrettable that it couldn't be resolved another way. As I understand it, VP sees his way of dealing with people to be totally acceptable, and doesn't think he is doing anything wrong, therefore it's hard to reach a middle ground. I've been banned from a couple of forums, and it isn't a nice feeling to be excluded like that. But it isn't necessarily a personal thing, it's about deciding what is best for the community, and what is right.

To those of you who are upset with Rob banning VP, for apparently no reason; what do you think is in it for Rob if there is no reason for banning him? Think about it; Rob must have a pretty good reason (at least in his own mind) to do it since VP was the highest poster on the forum, and had been posting for years. You don't just ban someone like that from a forum for no reason, Rob hasn't lost his mind. I think it shows great integrity to be able to make that decision. Most forums just allow users with high post counts to say whatever they like, and only "newbies" can get banned. Also, since Rob and VP are friends, I think that adds further integrity to Rob's decision, it's not an easy decision to make to ban someone you know personally, and shows that Rob had strong motivation to be able to overcome those things, and his vision for the forum isn't going to be blinkered by personal relationships.

I don't really want to get into this discussion. I back up Robert 100%. I've been banned from a forum and I felt it was unjust but I realized I didn't fit in there so I moved on.

I want to remind people that this is a bodybuilding/fitness forum and it seems that the people starting most fights and nasty threads around here are the ones who aren't into training at all and just post in the "General" section. I am sure there are other forums much more suited for you guys and girls.

Good post, Richard.

The only thing that bears saying after all of this drama is, "Just keep telling yourself, it's only a message board....it's only a message board...."

Yes, VP is gone and it's unfortunate, but life goes on. I like him a lot and have had the privilege of meeting him on two occasions, but it doesn't change the fact that he and I butted heads on a few occasions because he had strong opinions and worded things in ways that weren't always too considerate to opposing viewpoints. For people who are more sensitive, I can see how Robert may have had to do a fair amount of damage control at times, and if he felt that the ban was necessary to keep things peaceful, it's his call and I can respect his decision. Not everyone is going to love his choices to remove people on the rare occasions it happens, but honestly, there are much worse things out there to dwell on.

In the past 14 months, I've had to fire 2 people who were both good friends of mine. I didn't WANT to do it, but after letting things go on for a long time past what they should have, it was the only choice I was left with. Does this make me a bad person? No. Does it make the people I had to fire bad people? No. It was a pair of extremely difficult decisions that I had to make, and that doing so was what was best for both our company and the people that I had to let go. Sometimes there's a need to part ways (at least temporarily), and I'm sure that Robert, like myself, had to spend a lot of time considering taking action before things actually happened to go the route that they did. I'm glad to hear that Robert and VP are still friends and that this wasn't enough to ruin the relationship - it isn't worth letting the small stuff get in the way of the big picture, so if they can get past it, then everyone else should as well. The people affected most were Robert and VP, all the rest of us are just along for the ride, so it's best to put this situation to rest because it's not going to bring VP back, and it's not doing anything to improve relations between those of us that are here.

As has been said earlier, if people think it's easy to maintain perfect harmony, try running something like this for yourself and after a while you'll learn about all the headaches that come with the territory. I've learned some valuable lessons having to manage the people that work for us, and I can't even begin to imagine the kind of things Robert had to hear after all the weird arguments and disagreements that pop up here time and time again. It's always easy to go against the person running the show when you don't agree with them in situations like this, but until you've walked a mile in their shoes, you really don't know enough about it to get too upset based on bits of info and assumptions.

Jay,

I'm not going to address your whole e-mail because I think it is quite silly and completely inaccurate.

Of course you're not going to address it in any substantial way. You don't address anything that is critical in any way of you except to strawman it and deny it. As such I didn't even address it to you. Why bother?

Here in the remainder of your post you just try to attack me.

Your posts have actually worried me quite a bit because they always see a glass have empty, are full of sadness, anger, spite and other aspects that make them stand out like a huge red flag. In fact, I do care quite a bit and I've chatted with many people, including forum members in private to try to think of ways to help you feel better.

I'm an unhappy exactly because people do the sort of thing you're doing right here and usually not enough others speak up. That is the only thing that gives me unhappiness and it does so for whoever it's directed at. Astrocat or veganpotter or whoever else Your attempt to turn it into something that's wrong with me is a political calculation. It is an attempt to discredit me. (Jay's unhappy therefore his thoughts here don't count.) And golly look how nice Cheeke is being, cares about poor Jay even as Jay is being so critical of him. My, what a swell guy indeed.

I think this post is one of the craziest I've read and I don't think it was very appropriate to be so inaccurate and claim to have any clue about what goes on around here after being away for two years, only to return to be negative the entire time.

Untrue smear.

The only point I'll address is potter. We're in touch yesterday, and this morning. He's staying at my house this summer. You really have no idea what you're talking about and there are other forums to join who don't make it a point to be positive and that may be a better fit for you. See ya.

You won't work through disagreements. People who disagree with you should just go away. Clearly they're being negative while you're being positive.

This, BTW, is a thread about you deleting someone's account and from reading her posts it looks like you haven't got much of a reason.

http://www.anaitgames.com/wp-content/darth_vader_nooo.jpg

C'mon, where's this thread going now... the banned members are not going to return no matter what gets said here, so it's all a bit futile. That's frustrating to people who disagree with Rob's decisions, but that seems to be the way it is. People shouldn't feel like they can't make suggestions to Rob, but this topic has been raised and covered now.

Jay,

I'm not going to address your whole e-mail because I think it is quite silly and completely inaccurate.

Of course you're not going to address it in any substantial way. You don't address anything that is critical in any way of you except to strawman it and deny it. As such I didn't even address it to you. Why bother?

Here in the remainder of your post you just try to attack me.

Your posts have actually worried me quite a bit because they always see a glass have empty, are full of sadness, anger, spite and other aspects that make them stand out like a huge red flag. In fact, I do care quite a bit and I've chatted with many people, including forum members in private to try to think of ways to help you feel better.

I'm an unhappy exactly because people do the sort of thing you're doing right here and usually not enough others speak up. That is the only thing that gives me unhappiness and it does so for whoever it's directed at. Astrocat or veganpotter or whoever else Your attempt to turn it into something that's wrong with me is a political calculation. It is an attempt to discredit me. (Jay's unhappy therefore his thoughts here don't count.) And golly look how nice Cheeke is being, cares about poor Jay even as Jay is being so critical of him. My, what a swell guy indeed.

I think this post is one of the craziest I've read and I don't think it was very appropriate to be so inaccurate and claim to have any clue about what goes on around here after being away for two years, only to return to be negative the entire time.

Untrue smear.

The only point I'll address is potter. We're in touch yesterday, and this morning. He's staying at my house this summer. You really have no idea what you're talking about and there are other forums to join who don't make it a point to be positive and that may be a better fit for you. See ya.

You won't work through disagreements. People who disagree with you should just go away. Clearly they're being negative while you're being positive.

This, BTW, is a thread about you deleting someone's account and from reading her posts it looks like you haven't got much of a reason.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6227/aaashc0.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7483/14265ioaq7.png

I am sure Rob would be happy to pass on his e-mail address, or direct you to a forum where VP is posting so you can contact him.

Ummmmm giving out peoples emailz freely is illegal dude.

I'm like, a n00b and all so i dont know why anyone was banned, but i wouldnt want modz givin out my email & that.

I am sure Rob would be happy to pass on his e-mail address, or direct you to a forum where VP is posting so you can contact him.

Ummmmm giving out peoples emailz freely is illegal dude.

I'm like, a n00b and all so i dont know why anyone was banned, but i wouldnt want modz givin out my email & that.

They are friends...he wouldn't mind.

I have been one person who chooses to say nothing in threads because I do not believe my thoughts will be taken with the kind of care someone who is more part of the club. I don't mean this in a vegan club really but a bourgeoisie of people who are seemingly people. I find this a lot with the more "well known" people of the vegan or veggie society. Either the people who read my posts say nothing out of fear of heresy of their thoughts or lack of contemplation I think. It is sort of like the quote :

"When I give food to the hungry, they call me a saint. But when I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

I don't even have to go into how you are choosing to live a life of more choice than most, including myself, and nothing is generally said. I would wonder how many of you feel that you are a "good" person and then look at the goals that you uphold that exclude others. It can be difficult being different but only without understanding, you can be different also and act just like everyone else. It would seem some people here feel that they are right and have that intention within their actions, it is my opinion that a person like this is dangerous to themselves and those they come into contact. This is because if they are not challenged there is little room for compassion in a realm of manifest destiny.