I am whatever you say I am

robert

@my friend Thinthin: After reading your post and the answers of the other members I have to tell you this:

There is no need to tell us and everyone else reading the forum what you think about people hating/disrespecting you. We all know what you achieved and that you are one of the nicest guys there is. We also know that no one is perfect and everyone has to deal with criticism because everyone makes mistakes and/or is misunderstood.

So after reading you and I enjoyed reading the answers on your post this topic should be deleted. You just don't need it.

Hi Robert,

I agree with all of the positive things said. I've been fortunate to have met you a couple times and you're definitely one of the nicest guys. I found your accomplishments, kindness and postive energy inspirational. Thanks.

Also, the principles you shared for living life are a great way to live.

You know, one of the things I've always found interesting in my time online (and I've spent way too much time online -- since 1993, I think) is that people often forgot that the other person on the other side of the post is human. We all have our bad days and we all have our good. Many of your posts, Robert, and your actual actions show compassion. It's not to say you don't have your bad days but you have an incredible amount of patience and trust where others wouldn't as much.

Whatever happens, happens for a reason. We can only take these experiences, learn from them and move onwards and upwards.

I know I'm glad that you're here and you've been very accepting of me when I have gotten used to others not doing it so much..

No other fancy words other than thank you.

I'm not on here as much as I used to be and as I login in the mornings before heading out for the day lately I've been reading a lot about how much Robert Cheeke sucks because of one reason or another.

It used to bother me, but I learned a long time ago that "when your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt." It is so tempting at times to challenge each criticism of my character but it is a waste of time. I know who I am, what I stand for and what impact I've had on the world and I'm OK with who I am at the end of the day. In fact, I'm thrilled to be me. I honestly do consider myself to be one of the top 1% nicest people in the world and live in a way that reflects that.

That says it all actually. The only time I've bothered to criticize you is right now when you've deleted veganpotter after he had 10,000 posts and despite the fact his posting style hadn't changed at all. Plus Astrocat who hadn't done anything wrong at all.

In criticizing you for that I point out that you are completely closeminded to criticism. Here you simply state the exact same thing with different words. If it were possible to reason with you, I would. But as you yourself have just admitted, you aren't. Then from there of course, you exaggerate all criticism so that anyone who criticizes you is really just jealous, etc.

Typical.

I'm not on here as much as I used to be and as I login in the mornings before heading out for the day lately I've been reading a lot about how much Robert Cheeke sucks because of one reason or another.

It used to bother me' date=' but I learned a long time ago that "when your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt." It is so tempting at times to challenge each criticism of my character but it is a waste of time. I know who I am, what I stand for and what impact I've had on the world and I'm OK with who I am at the end of the day. In fact, I'm thrilled to be me. I honestly do consider myself to be one of the top 1% nicest people in the world and live in a way that reflects that. [/quote']

That says it all actually. The only time I've bothered to criticize you is right now when you've deleted veganpotter after he had 10,000 posts and despite the fact his posting style hadn't changed at all. Plus Astrocat who hadn't done anything wrong at all.

Not that I really need to defend Robert, but one thing in regard to Potter and the volume of posts, simply because someone posts 10,000 times does not mean that they're infallible and can't eventually get to the point where something has to give to keep the peace between members. Much like the situation I'm sure you remember on the VF board when Mary was removed after she started making personal attacks against JP and other mods, it doesn't matter if you've got thousands of posts racked up if things come to a head (remember her lovely poem that basically said JP was a fake anarchist just so he could feel better about himself, and how she chastized everyone who spent a dime on their hobbies because it was, in her opinion, foolish to not devote every penny one has to a worthwhile cause?). People aren't more or less valuable due to how many posts they have under their belt - I've been to plenty of boards where people who only post a few times a week have more to say than someone who chimes in on every thread and has 100x more total posts. Quantity doesn't mean a thing if someone has a tendency to agitate lots of people around them and puts the site owner in a bind of choosing one often-posting member vs. a bunch who may post less often but are frustrated with the way that the frequent poster writes to them.

In criticizing you for that I point out that you are completely closeminded to criticism. Here you simply state the exact same thing with different words. If it were possible to reason with you, I would. But as you yourself have just admitted, you aren't. Then from there of course, you exaggerate all criticism so that anyone who criticizes you is really just jealous, etc.

Typical.

I learned a valuable lesson long ago from someone who ran another vegan business (which is unfortunately not around any longer) who said this to me:

"When people complain about your service or judgement on something, you answer their concerns apologetically and try to make amends as best you can. If they come back at you again and aren't satisfied with your attempt to reconcile, you still try to resolve it, but must figure that if they didn't accept you on your terms the first time, you might not be able to make them happy. The third time, you have to write them off because some people just want a reason to bitch and complain and there's nothing you can do for them. They're a drain on your time and your emotions and it's best to let them go elsewhere."

Robert has spent time apologizing in the past for things when people didn't like the way he handles issues, but honestly, how many times can someone say they're sorry when they feel they made the correct decision to keep things as peaceful as possible? By saying that he won't bother to spend as much time addressing criticism doesn't mean he cares less, but quite possibly that it just doesn't pay to keep rehashing the same thing over and over again because it NEVER brings about any better resolution in the end. It won't bring Potter back, and it won't bring AstroCat back, so what good comes out of continuing to drag things out by trying to break Robert down so that those against his decision can hear him say that he's wrong? He made his decision, life goes on, and at this point, it is a matter of accepting it and staying on the board, not accepting it and staying on while realizing that these kinds of threads aren't changing anything, or leaving altogether. We all have our own decisions to make, and while I do hope you stay, I also hope that you realize that this should be a dead issue by now with a handful of threads already being devoted to discussing this without a real resolution being obtained. Whether or not you continue to be mad at the decision to remove a few people is up to you. But, from here on out, it's only negative energy being spread around when this stuff keeps getting brought up and is neither bringing back the people you think were wronged, nor is it changing the attitudes on either side of the issue. Polarizing everyone to choose a side doesn't bring about positive change, so let's say that we all cooperate to let these threads die off. If anyone has an issue with Robert's decision, they probably should PM him directly to discuss any final points. He's put his thoughts down here for everyone to see, believes in his decision, and that should be enough for everyone to accept as this situation being pretty well closed.

Thank you, VeganEssentials, for an exceptional post. I agree with everything you've said, except that - I'll say it again - I think these threads should be deleted once they've run their course. I personally don't see the purpose of keeping threads that cause (and display) bickering and polarization. But I guess locking them is a good compromise.

I am around Robert nearly everyday (when he's not out of town) and I can honestly say I don't think he cares what people write about him here, positive or negative, because he is accomplishing some really amazing things and these comments are definitely not taking up much importance at this successful time in his life, from my perspective.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the founder of the Anti-Robert Cheeke Society. In this letter, I will tell you what made me form such an organization and how I plan to use it to build a new understanding that can transport us to tomorrow. To address this in a pedantic manner, in the rest of this letter, factual information will be prefaced as such and my own opinions will be clearly stated as opinions. For instance, it is a fact that if Robert Cheeke is going to talk about higher standards then he needs to live by those higher standards. Ever since he decided to threaten, degrade, poison, bulldoze, and kill this world of ours, his consistent, unvarying line has been that he acts in the public interest. If we fail to proscribe Robert and his admirers as the most dangerous enemies of the people then all of our sacrifices will be as forgotten as the sand blowing across Ozymandias's dead empire. The "decay of that colossal wreck," as the poet Shelley puts it, teaches us that Robert has delivered exactly the opposite of what he had previously promised us. Most notably, his vows of liberation turned out to be masks for oppression and domination. And, almost as troubling, Robert's vows of equality did little more than convince people that Robert avers that human beings should be appraised by the number of things and the amount of money they possess instead of by their internal value and achievements. As you can no doubt determine from comments like that, facts and Robert Cheeke are like oil and water. Finally, to those of you who are faithfully helping me clarify and correct some of the inaccuracies present in Robert Cheeke's biases, let me extend, as always, my deepest gratitude and my most affectionate regards. Please disregard everything in this message. Its a joke. I had to type this on the end so it blends in, therefor not ruining the joke before you even read it. I'd never speak badly of Mr. Robert Cheeke