The House of Kindness grows by one member on Saturday

robert

When we moved in together in May we named our new residence "The House of Kindness."

We've lived that way and have loved it! We're all forum members, all vegan and all focused on kindness as our religion of sorts and our mission for life.

Jessifly, speaklow and I have had fun and now we welcome Tasha to the mix too! This has been planned for months and I pick her up on Saturday.

The forum member house of kindness will play host to dozens of forum members throughout the year just as my old house did.

We look forward to seeing some of you as you travel through Portland.

We'll get some group photos posted soon when we welcome our new buddy who fits right in with our theme and we're excited to have her join us!

For the record, I'm still best friends with davidtarrfoster and only moved 6 blocks away, but started a new chapter in life focused around certain aspects that were really important to me and I teamed up with some great people to make it happen.

I still hang out with davidtarrfoster all the time, including later tonight.

Offense...come kick it with us sometime!

(Puts pride in pocket) Wow, I'm jealous really! A vegan communal living situation is a serious ambition of mine, but really in the long-term plan stage right now. I'ts much harder to pull off with kids and step-families etc., but I will eventually get there. My ultimate goal is a city converted apartment building and a country retreat, with the opportunity to move freely/live/work from either as a member desires. Looking at between 15 and 100 members as ideal. Now back to planet Earth.

You guys and your communal house rock. Keep us in the loop on how things progress, especially love little tidbits of daily life and candid photos like Marcina recently posted.

We're having a great time and we'll post pics. I've dedicated myself to surrounding myself with super positive people lately. I've kind of always been that way, but no more so than in 2008. It's almost the most important thing to me, nearly overshadowing other important aspects of my lifestyle. Being around these people is great and has elevated my own personal life in amazing ways!

There are some great vegan communities here in Portland and thousands of vegan people. I see them everywhere. Just today I was out hanging out and bumped into xdarthveganx, and then later andesuma, and I was hanging out with mishe and also davidtarrfoster and Brendan Brazier, all while working a 12-hour day. Oh, and of course I saw my roommates so just today, nearly a dozen forum members passed by me in my busy day.

You're all welcome anytime and many of you will see us this summer at one point or another. The house is 3 stories, lots of space, organic garden, big kitchen, etc.

Bring on the good times!

Thanks Robert for everything. You've been such a great friend.

All I've been doing since I got here is Riding with the OA crew. Robert actually took some pictures of us when we stopped by food fight yesterday. I have been eating tons, and hanging with the cats and James for most of my time. But tomorrow I start work It'll be so much fun ! I can't wait !

Thanks for being so supportive Richard.

We'll have a house-warming party sometime soon.........I've lived here for 2 months in this NEW house and have been gone just about as much as I've been here; especially when I first moved in. I just returned from Eugene. Tasha was down there with me for 3 of those days, which is why some of you haven't seen her yet at group gatherings. A bunch of us were down there for the Olympic Trials.

Anyway, the community is growing in and less than 2 weeks (eeeek) a bunch of forum members are showing up. Time to clean up the basement!

....wow. Tasha moving to Portland. That's great. Pretty soon you're gonna have ta change your location name. You won't be living in Victoria for long .

Now I'm jellous loool. Well....hope you all have fun.

That house has pretty much some of the coolest people on the planet( Jessifly, Robert and Tasha I don't think I know the other dude )

Well anyways. If I ever come to visit( It looks like I might not be able to attend VV ) I'll have to drop by and say hi

Enjoy yourselves