I'm ready! Let's do this!

Awww I was like that yesterday!! My PMS symptoms suck. I got this headache that lasted all day and I didn't want to do anything so I watched 90210 and ate sweets heheheh.

My boyfriend went to the states with his buddy so he was out of my hair. (I tend to get bitchy towards male kind on days like that)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww I was like that yesterday!! My PMS symptoms suck. I got this headache that lasted all day and I didn't want to do anything so I watched 90210 and ate sweets heheheh.

My boyfriend went to the states with his buddy so he was out of my hair. (I tend to get bitchy towards male kind on days like that)

Awww. Wow, sweets just usually make me uncontrollable at that time.

lol. I tend to get a bit bitchy too...and end up getting in small fights and arguements with my husband...but we tend to appologize and make up. We know to expect it each month.

July 27, 2008

Breakfast: nothing

Lunch: blackeye peas and veggie soup

Dinner: blackeye peas and veggie soup

Evening Meal: blackeye peas and veggie soup

Snack: sunflower seeds

Snack: 1 apple

Snack: 1 peach

My husband and I were both feeling better by this evening, and since I got this strong craving for fruit, we went to the store tonight to pick a few fruits up. We stopped by the bank tonight also (which was on the way to the store, though, so no extra walking distance). Well, the 1 mile walk to the store was nice, but the 1 mile walk back was umm...wet! It ended up raining by the time we left the store, so we had to walk back home in the rain. lol. It was quite a unique experience, though. Gee, I don't remember walking in the rain for YEARS. It's been a long time for sure! Well, I guess we got a bit in touch with nature...besides also getting soaking wet!

Well, my period's slacking off, so hopefully it should be completely over in a day or two. I really can't wait!

Also, we decided to go ahead and put $200 towards getting a new juicer...a Champion juicer. Hopefully it's as good as it sounds! I'd better be, for the money we're investing in it! I guess we should've invested in an expensive one from the start instead of in a cheap one under $100. Besides, like my husband said, if this one ever has problems with certain parts, we can just replace the part...whereas the other one, you'd have to almost buy a whole new juicer. Anyway, we bought it on eBay, and should be getting it in about a week or less. We're really cutting it close, but I hope we can get it by August 1st...we're planning on starting a juice fast on that day, that way we're back on solid foods a good bit of time before the move. If we don't get the juicer in time, we may just start the juice fast off with just water until we do get it. Anyway, that's all for now. I'm off to bed.

July 28, 2008

Dinner: blackeye peas and veggie soup

Snack: 1 nectarine

This week's weight: 230 pounds (-/+ 0 pounds)

Starting weight: 240 pounds

Well, we found out that my husband's parents want us over for dinner on the 10th, so we decided to hold off on the juice fast until the 11th! I just hope we are prepared for the move by the end of the month and not feeling bad during the move, due to any detox symptoms.

Congratulations on sticking with everything even though you haven't been feeling well!

Perhaps doing the juice fast is a bit ambitious for your move?

I remember the last time I moved, I planned the same thing, and ended up faultering

because it was all just too much. And I have INSANE willpower..so..haha

So, just warning you; remember to forgive yourself, if things do not

"go as planned".

Also, (I believe) you are experiencing detox for cleaning up your diet!

That is a wonderful sign, your body is cleaning house.

Your periods will get better the more you improve your diet... or at least, I have found

that to be the case for myself while I have improved mine.

I use to get PMS/cramps, etc. when I would get my period.. and now I hardly

even get it! I've gotten my period maybe once in the past 2 years.

Though I still ovulate.

What I have found very interesting about 'doing the raw food experiment' on myself,

is ... a lot of what society or, our culture pass off as "normal"

(like periods, cramps, headaches, etc.), really are not normal at all.

I suppose it's like the saying... 'just because something is considered 'normal', does

not make it any less bizarre'.

Also, I use to suffer from MASSIVE migraines, I had to stay in a completely

dark room...with no light, and no sound. I would also experience headaches regularly.

The more I improved my diet, and finally after colon hydrotherapy

and raw foods.. I have not had a headache in about 5 years.

I also haven't been sick/ill/nothing in over 6 years.

Raw foods + colon hydrotherapy = magick!

Great job sweetie!

Congratulations on sticking with everything even though you haven't been feeling well!

Perhaps doing the juice fast is a bit ambitious for your move?

I remember the last time I moved, I planned the same thing, and ended up faultering

because it was all just too much. And I have INSANE willpower..so..haha

So, just warning you; remember to forgive yourself, if things do not

"go as planned".

Also, (I believe) you are experiencing detox for cleaning up your diet!

That is a wonderful sign, your body is cleaning house.

Your periods will get better the more you improve your diet... or at least, I have found

that to be the case for myself while I have improved mine.

I use to get PMS/cramps, etc. when I would get my period.. and now I hardly

even get it! I've gotten my period maybe once in the past 2 years.

Though I still ovulate.

What I have found very interesting about 'doing the raw food experiment' on myself,

is ... a lot of what society or, our culture pass off as "normal"

(like periods, cramps, headaches, etc.), really are not normal at all.

I suppose it's like the saying... 'just because something is considered 'normal', does

not make it any less bizarre'.

Also, I use to suffer from MASSIVE migraines, I had to stay in a completely

dark room...with no light, and no sound. I would also experience headaches regularly.

The more I improved my diet, and finally after colon hydrotherapy

and raw foods.. I have not had a headache in about 5 years.

I also haven't been sick/ill/nothing in over 6 years.

Raw foods + colon hydrotherapy = magick!

Great job sweetie!

Thanks!

I know I can't assure everything will go as planned, but I'm just so ready to take a chance and see how it goes. We are determined to try our best to go 100% raw by the time we get up there, so we're hoping it will help prepare us. We've completely given up everything cooked except soup and bread (and roasted nuts/seeds, because we can't find raw down here ), but are soon expecting to drop those as well. I don't know about my husband, but I know for sure that when I eat bread or soup lately that I just feel like I'm definitely not enjoying it anymore...like if my body's telling me to get rid of it. Hahaha! But yeah, I just feel like I need to listen to my body and at least try a fast first.

Yes, I thought so. I had been reading up about detox and period connections. I read that many women, after switching to a raw food diet, have their periods become light or non-existent, and that most of the blood loss is due to toxins that our bodies are pushing out. I read a little in the past, about how we were never meant to have periods and have estrus cycles like all other animals, and it had caught my eye and I never gave up on the thought...so now, after recent researching about it, I am just so excited to be hearing all about it!

Yeah, I've read that many of these symptoms are caused only due to toxins in our diets and atmosphere. Even though they're not normal, the doctors write it off as normal and prescribe their usual medication. My husband and I haven't seen any doctors in over a year already, and we don't intend to unless there's an emergency (such as a huge cut that obviously needs stitches). We have been through enough with them pushing their crappy immune-killing and symptom-covering medicines on us, and we rather avoid them.

Colon hydrotherapy, eh? I might look into that.

July 29, 2008

Lunch: nothing

Dinner: nothing

Evening Meal: homemade challah bread

Snack: 1 nectarine

Well, my period seems to be subsiding, so hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow. (Maybe I can finally get some exercise in tomorrow. ) No exercise today, though. Also, I slept REALLY late, and was feeling horribly sick, so I wasn't up long enough to eat much (not that my body even seemed to want much food, and I wasn't about to push myself to eat).

My husband's been having a high fever for the past few days, so I've pretty much been trying to take care of him and trying to help him get over his fever naturally (I guess his body must really be working hard ). Maybe he's going through detox symptoms too, right? He hasn't eaten at all today, and only had water, and his temperature's been up to at least 104 degrees.

Anyway, we've both had a long day (even though we slept through most of it), so I'm off to bed early tonight.

July 30, 2008

Dinner: nothing

Evening Meal: nothing

Snack: peanuts (my husband couldn't finish his peanuts, and thinks he's no longer interested in eating them )

We weren't really hungry today, and were still feeling a bit sick. My husband started having diarrhea last night, after we first went to bed. He said he kept getting up throughout the night. Later today the diarrhea slowed down, and his temperature has dropped steadily. So we think he went through a healing crisis. He even felt so bad yesterday that at one point he started crying, and saying his head was in excruciating pain and that he thinks it felt like his spine was detaching or something? I dunno...he seemed to get a bit delirious and out of it for a bit too, so who knows? But he seems to be feeling much better now, and is glad he didn't give in and decide to go to the doctor or hospital. (I'm glad too, as I didn't want them suppressing his immune system with horrible drugs. Especially since he claims his immune system has always seemed to be in great shape.) He certainly gave me courage for in case if I ever go through that too!

Well, my period seems to have stopped tonight (at least I hope).

I walked 2 miles tonight, as we decided to go to the store to go pick up some more fruit. We spent $14. We have about $36 left to spend until we get more foodstamps on the 16th. Our plan is to go from tonight to the 9th eating only soups and fruit (buying a few more fruit during that time). Then, on the 10th, since we visit my husband's parents that day (and eat there), we will try to get vegetables to make salads to snack on and have fruits. From the 11th, we'll start a juice fast (mostly drinking water, but have a few cups of vegetable juice each day), and continue it for as long as we decide to (while still listening to our bodies' needs, of course). We'll do the juice fast for no longer than 20 days, but it all depends on when we decide to go back to solids. Then, on the 31st of August (hopefully) we'll most likely start our move, and should be in Washington by the 3rd or 4th, if not sooner. Afterwards, when we're prepared, we're wanting to aim for a 40 day juice fast up there, as we heard lots of good benefits about it, and believe it's worth trying.

July 31, 2008

Dinner: blackeye peas and veggie soup, with challah bread

We're starting to feel better, but no exercise today. My period is gone (for now). That's about it.

August 1, 2008

Lunch: lentil and veggie soup

Dinner: lentil and veggie soup, with challah bread

Evening Meal: lentil and veggie soup

We walked 1 mile today, as we had to go cash some eBonds at the bank. Other than that, not much happened today. Ooh, and we got our Champion juicer in the mail! We'll test it out tomorrow, hopefully.

August 2, 2008

Dinner: lentil and veggie soup

No exercise today. No juicing today, either. We didn't get to go to the store to pick up some veggies for juicing, as I've been starting to have more pain. I also have started getting some type of sores, I assume, which I'm guessing is from toxins being quickly pushed out of my system. I don't know how much longer this type of stuff will be going on, but I think we'll stay home and let things take their coarse (and hope I feel better soon) before starting juicing or exercise again. Besides, if my body is going through more cleansing right now, it's probably best that I just try to rest as much as possible for now and let my body clean at its own pace.

August 3, 2008

No exercise today.

My husband says my sores seem to be healing and getting better, but I swear it burns. I really hope it heals completely soon.

August 4, 2008

Snack: raw organic sunflower seeds

No exercise today.

This week's weight: 226 pounds (-4 pounds)

Today was a VERY hot day! It almost hit 100 degrees, and it was so dang humid and stuffy! I swear I felt like I was being roasted!

My husband got his mom to drive him to the store tonight (once the sun went down and it got cooler), and picked up some more apples and peaches, 2 watermelons, and some raw organic sunflower seeds! Yay!

I'm stressing out, but trying to stay cool. Our arrangement didn't work out, so now we're stuck trying to find an apartment at the last moment, less than a month before the move.

August 5, 2008

Lunch: slice of watermelon (chilled watermelon on a hot day...Mmmmm )

Snack: raw organic sunflower seeds

No exercise today. It was still too hot and humid today. I can't wait until we move up north, away from all this summer heat!

As far as our apartment search goes, we're still looking. We've already decided that we'll most likely pick one in either Sequim or Bellingham. We're still searching for a good deal, though...as we can't really afford anything over $600 a month (preferably no higher than $550 a month, though). But so far, we found a few nice places.

Nice to see your progress!

Do you still have cravings for crap food? They should have disappeared by now in my experience.

Let's put it this way. When we go to the store, (except for the fresh fruits and veggies) all we see is uninteresting dead foods...not so tempting. The only cooked food in my diet right now is the lentil and veggie soup. When I get hungry, I go to eat it, but afterward I feel like my body didn't like it. So it seems to me that my body's ready to move on to the next step, lol. We're gonna continue eating lentil and veggie soup until the end of the 9th, then on the 10th eat all raw foods (will mostly be at my husband's parents' house most of the day anyway), and starting on the 11th we'll be doing a vegetable juice & water fast. I've been anticipating doing a fast for weeks!

I still have some cravings for sweets...but I think I'll get over it and fulfill my cravings with raw natural sweets (fruits). I found a recipe today for raw ice cream...might make some of that later on if I get too strongly tempted.

Awesome progress you are making, keep going!

Thanks for the support!

You're making some good progress it seems. Are you planning to incorporate a wider variety of fruits and vegetables into your diet regime as you go along? I used to never eat fruit/veggies and it took a while to integrate a wider variety into my diet, but I did it one thing at a time and now there are way more things that I eat. I think you could definitely stand to start experimenting with some green veggies.

You're making some good progress it seems. Are you planning to incorporate a wider variety of fruits and vegetables into your diet regime as you go along? I used to never eat fruit/veggies and it took a while to integrate a wider variety into my diet, but I did it one thing at a time and now there are way more things that I eat. I think you could definitely stand to start experimenting with some green veggies.

Yes, definitely. My main focus right now is to go mostly raw (like 99.9%, as I might eat a non-raw food once in a while), perhaps even completely raw if I don't give in to any non-raw foods. During my upcoming juice fasts, I might not have much variety in juice blends, as I'll be more focused on cleansing than on variety. But afterwards, when I'm ready, I'll start incorporating more variety in my diet. I've always loved eating fruits (not veggies, though), but was never much into variety, so variety is a new thing for me. Go figure, right? I could SO live on just apples, peaches, nectarines, and oranges, though...I don't crave much more variety than that!

August 9, 2008

No exercise today.

We're done with eating lentil and veggie soups, and hopefully done with most (if not all) cooked foods! The last few days of it just made me feel kinda queasy and awkward. My husband and I both think it is time to give up most cooked foods. Our bodies seem to be telling us to move on to a more raw diet.

We are kinda slipping past our budget for the month, but my husband assures me that we're ok spending a little extra. I hate spending over the budget, though. Considering it's just a few more days until the 16th, we should definitely not go more than $20 over the budget.

We're going over to my husband's parents' house tomorrow, so we made sure to homogenize some tomatoes with our new Champion juicer, so we can have our own tomato-type dressing (I always have to have dressing with my salads, as I dislike plain salads, and we're trying to avoid vinegars and such). So, I packed a 16 ounce jar full to the top, and rushed to close it, so not to let it oxidize too much, and set it in the fridge for tomorrow. We talked with them beforehand, and made sure they knew of our new mostly raw diet/lifestyle, so they will have watermelon and salads available for us to eat!

So...1 day of completely raw, then up to 20 days of juice fasting (depending how far we can go and if our bodies tell us to stop sooner or not), then from there we will stick to a mostly raw diet (maybe giving into certain cooked foods every once in a while, but not having it too often). We are ready for this! Woohoo!

August 11, 2008

This week's weight: 226 pounds (-/+ 0 pounds)

No exercise today.

Well, today I started juice fasting! I won't be posting what mixes of vegetable juices I have during the fast or how much (mostly because it'll most likely be similar, with small changes, and I just rather not bother with it at this time due to being busy preparing for the move), but I will continue posting my exercise and weekly weigh-ins!

The juice fasting will consist of only green veggie juice and water (getting in AT LEAST 1 or 2 cups of veggie juice each day and AT LEAST 4 bottles of water each day, though I'll aim for as much as I can). Wish me luck!