I'm ready! Let's do this!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 12, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #2)

We walked about 4 miles tonight.

August 13, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #3)

We went shopping for more veggies tonight, so that was a 2 mile walk...PLUS, on the way back, I carried (I think) about 20 pounds, divided into 2 bags with one on each shoulder. I don't know what got into me, but I told my husband I'd carry the groceries home, unless I couldn't handle it along the way. I pushed myself, breathing in rythm with every step or every other step I took, keeping my mind on my goal, and trying to keep my mind off of tiredness or pain. I stopped along the way, and took a few gulps of water (I always carry a water bottle on hand, but hardly ever make use of it while out for walks ), then continued. One mile may not be far, but for me it is when I have to carry anything over about 5 pounds! lol. I'm definitely not used to this, and am in a little pain right now, but for some reason my mind told me to push my body to the limit to see how far I can go, and I'm very proud of myself! I'm on my way to more intense exercising!

August 16, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #6)

Note: The green juices were getting to me, and lately I started feeling like if my body wanted to reject them. I'd have trouble drinking a whole cup and would feel a bit nauseous from it. I dunno, maybe it's just the taste getting to me or something. Anyway, we switched to fruit and veggie juice mix instead of just veggie juice. I like the Cucumber/Parsley/Apple juice mix we made (and it's one of the cheapest mixes we can think of), so we're definitely gonna make that one often, as I can definitely handle that one with no problem! Sa-weet!

We walked 2 miles tonight, and went to the store to buy a bag of apples, some cucumbers, and some parsley.

Two weeks of juice fasting left! Can I finish it? *dramatic music*

August 17, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #7)

No exercise tonight. We did more cleaning and packing. We're almost ready for the move. We can't pack much more until a few days before, though, as all that's left is necessities (computers, juicer, dishes, etc.).

You go girl!

Your body will adjust to the green/veggie juice, it just might

be a shock to the system for now.

I've been nauseaous from wheatgrass juice before, primarily

when I haven't consumed it in a while.

Great job though!!

Yeah, I guess you may be right. Though, I always did have problems with veggies. (I have always been able to chew down fruits very easily, though!)

Thanks!

How is your juice feast going?

Do you find you have more energy, same energy or less energy than before?

Well, I guess it sorta varies...some days I'm having more energy, some days less, and some days are about average. Above all, though, I am feeling better than before (though that could be from the weightloss, too, lol).

So far, it's all been going great. I think it's going awesome, considering I wasn't sure I'd last this long. But I've been pushing to finish it, no matter what!

Still going strong!

August 24, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #14)

No exercise today.

August 25, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #15)

We walked 2 miles tonight, and I carried about 20 pounds of groceries home tonight (10 pounds in each bag, on each shoulder)! Wooh! What a workout!

Way to go !!

You are really an inspiration with your determination. With all that walking you may soon need a new pair of shoes . . .

I also need to lose weight, only 20 to 25 pounds, but it just seems difficult even though it is not anywhere near what you are facing now.

Well, best of luck to you in your continuation of this great work !!

Way to go !!

You are really an inspiration with your determination. With all that walking you may soon need a new pair of shoes . . .

I also need to lose weight, only 20 to 25 pounds, but it just seems difficult even though it is not anywhere near what you are facing now.

Well, best of luck to you in your continuation of this great work !!

Haha, thanks! I doubt it, though...I haven't walked enough for a new pair of shoes yet!

I know how you feel. I felt it was so difficult a couple years ago, when I'd keep yo-yo dieting, trying diet after diet, and landing myself at 260 pounds (my highest ever). I felt like it was damn near impossible to lose weight! Then, after my husband and I met, he showed me the truth in labeling (about all the chemical ingredients listed in products), and I then joined him in a Kosher lifestyle (no more pork or seafood, which before was my main diet). Since then, I've been slowly dropping the weight, each time we change something in our diet. My husband and I have been quite a research team, and have questioned things in such a way, that we look at all sides and question the obvious...we're always trying to find what makes things tick! And now, we're finally starting to believe we found our true calling! I think it's only gonna get better from now on!

I don't know how long you've been into this way of life, but just try to stay positive and don't treat your weightloss goals like a chore (I heard that stressing too much about weight can make it harder to lose it). I'm sorry I don't have much advice for you, but this is all that I can think of (and it seems to work for me). I'm still lazy at times, and like to stay and bed some days, but I'm pushing myself to be positive and just have fun! I'm just so excited to see how far I can go!

I have no doubt that you are looking better too.

Keep on moving forward.

Thanks!

I keep looking down at my hips and legs, and poking at them while asking my husband if it looks like I'm losing more fat! lol! Seriously, though...I notice changes there! (Well, I always heard that the stomach, hip, and upper leg areas are the first to go!)

August 26, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #16)

I guess I forgot to post Monday's weigh-in! Silly me!

This week's weight: 220 pounds (-4 pounds)

Starting weight: 240 pounds

No exercise today.

August 27, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #17)

We walked 2 miles tonight.

August 28, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #18)

No exercise today.

August 29, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #19)

We packed more boxes tonight. Gosh, it's so close to our move date, and I'm so anxious and worried (especially with the few moving problems we have on our hands), that my stomach's been hurting and doing bellyflops all afternoon. I just hope all goes well.

Anyway, 1 last day of juice fasting, then I'm done! We will probably have only prunes and water on the way up, and then start browsing the food co-op and farmer's markets for good deals once we get there!

August 30, 2008 (Juice Fast Day #20)

Yay! The juice fast is over! I feel so great, too! And I'm so excited about the weight I'm losing so far!

Well, we're just about done wrapping things up here in St. Louis. We'll be getting ready to go in a few hours. I don't know if I'll be online much on the road, but if not, I will definitely try to keep track of everything to post here when I can get around to it once we reach Bellingham.

• 1 month later...

I'm back in action! So much has happened during September, and I just don't feel like posting it again, so if anyone's interested they can check out my blog I posted on my Myspace (my Myspace is shown in my signature) for a condensed version of what went on! *sighs*

Anyway, I've gone through a LOT of physical and emotional challenges during it all, and am even more convinced now that I would not be giving up much by going completely raw! (Before, I had really strong cravings for LOTS of cooked foods!) BUT, I know it's best to pace it slow, and my husband and I want to check out some restaurants around here anyway (the Greek, Thai, Indian, and other interesting restaurants interest us, as we've never had that type of food before), so we'll wait for 100% raw, but will do our best to maintain 95% raw. We've been juicing day and night each day, having about 3 to 4 cups of juice total (along with the food we eat throughout the day, too). We're getting more and more sensitive about our bodies' wants and needs, likes and dislikes, etc. Heck, my period's even been lighter lately (which is great for my husband, who used to put up with way too much of my complaining during that time, lol)! I feel more at peace again, rather than stressed with a huge pounding headache. (We think the wheat could have been making my husband aggressive and making me depressed and stressed out, as the problems only lessened/stopped when we were on mostly fruits and/or vegetables and had no wheat!) So, we are doing much better again, finally, and have even more reasons to avoid the foods we do (trust me, after swearing he'd never hit me, then finally hitting me during an arguement, my husband agrees with me that the food was our problem, as he'd never been so aggressive before that). We found that the experiences we had this past month (both good and bad), have brought us closer together and have helped us become stronger, healthier, and calmer.

So... for now, our goals are:

- stick to a 95% raw diet, eating cooked foods only sparingly (but avoiding not only meat and dairy, but also wheat).

- drink at least 2 to 4 cups of juice a day.

- walk at least 2 to 4 miles a day, at least 6 days a week.

- lift weights, if possible, at least 2 days a week (to try to start gaining a little muscle, to hopefully get me feeling more stronger and active).

Also, my own personal goal is to continue losing weight (of course!), though my husband needs to gain weight (at least some muscle), so we'll also be working on that.

Anyway, gotta go now. I'll check back in later!

Hey there! Was wondering what happened to you! Nice to see you back.

So did you maintain the 20 lb weight loss? Or is that part of your myspace blog you asked us to check out??

Thanks! Yeah, I figured many people on here and on Myspace were wondering about me, but we had some problems to work out on the way up to Washington, and once we got here (some of the problems were about us having to wait to move into the apartment, and some were just about our diet and behavior).

Actually, as you can see in my signature (I made sure to keep it updated), I did indeed maintain the weight loss and not gain (or if I did gain, it was lost back before I could get to weighing myself). In fact, I'm now jumping back and forth between 220 and 215 pounds! (Though that will change once I get down to business again!) My Myspace blog is mainly about what happened (good and bad) since I was last online (problems with going back to a Vegetarian diet for the move up, my husband going into a seizure most likely due to re-adding wheat to our diet, etc.).

October 8, 2008

Breakfast: 1 mango

Lunch: 1 big tomato

Dinner: french fries, fried onion petals, & fried potato cake from Arby's (I know, I know...but we were out late, and I was REALLY hungry and couldn't wait until we got home. I need to start packing us some raw lunch for on the go!)

Snack: grapes

I tinkered around with my two 8 pound free weights and my two 5 pound ankle weights today...I did some bicep curls with the free weights, and side leg lifts with the ankle weights...I think I did them each about 80 times, with breaks in between.

We were out late tonight, as we had contacted someone who had lots of extra fruits and vegetables that were not being used, so they let us go pick what we wanted from their land. We got a grocery bag full of grapes, about 12 big zucchini (yumm...we'll be making raw zucchini pasta with some raw sauce ), a dozen or so apples, and some peas and green beans...we would've got more, but it was getting dark and we could only carry so much back home (they live 4 miles away, and we walked). They offered us some eggs, too, but of course we had to say no to that.

So, yeah, we walked a total of 8 miles tonight! Yay! I don't know if it was the exercise I did earlier or not (though I think it is!), but I was able to walk more quickly for the first 4 miles than I have in a long while (I had LOTS of energy)! And even though I was hurting on the walk back, I got home without much of a problem, and feel better than I did a few days ago (when we went for a 5 mile walk and I was completely in pain). I think things are improving for me, and I seem to be focusing more on thinking "I can" rather than "I can't".

Well, we're gonna have to start packing some raw lunch for on the go, because I keep feeling bad about eating bad cooked food due to not having much of a choice (I was very hungry, and there was no store with produce open so late in the area). It probably didn't help much that I ate little food this morning, but I didn't feel too hungry (and lately, I seem to just wait until my stomach lets me know it's hungry, rather than stuffing myself with food). Anyway, I'll just have to start packing us lunches/snacks/etc. when we go further than just 4 miles total (as it seems that we don't get too hungry unless we go a bit further than 4 miles).

Anyway, that's all for now! I'm tired, so I'm off to bed now. That way I can be ready for tomorrow's workout!

Darn it! I forgot to stay updated! Things have just been kinda hectic lately, what with us trying to be more organized and looking for temporary jobs. And I've been so tired and keep feeling lazy. Maybe I'm having more detox symptoms (I've already broke out in acne all over my face *hides*). I think I need to push myself every morning to exercise (even if for a little while), because it certainly seemed to help me feel better when I did it a few days ago. I don't know, I've just been acting lazy lately, and feeling too tired to do anything, and my weight's not budging! I seriously need some motivation right now!

October 9, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice

Lunch: 1 big tomato

Dinner: 2 slices Veganrella pizza with pineapple from Rudy's Pizzeria (darn it! just hearing about it teased me into wanting it! Not that it was that great anyway, though...the Veganrella cheese and the pineapples were the best part! )

Snack: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice

Exercise: 4 mile walk

October 10, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice

Lunch: 2 slices of leftover Veganrella pizza with pineapple from Rudy's Pizzeria

Dinner: 1 cucumber

Snack: 2 cups of apple/cucumber/orange juice

Exercise: 2 mile walk

October 11, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/grape/cucumber/orange juice

Lunch: raw zucchini pasta with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

Dinner: cooked rice with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

Snack: 2 cups of apple/orange juice

Dessert: raw pecan pie (or mostly raw), consisting of: almonds, dates, fruit pulp, bananas, pecans, and a little agave nectar

My husband and I are planning on going on another cleanse soon. I'm barely active, and just feeling even more depressed, probably from all this food. Ugh. Anyway, we have to get done with the food we have before going shopping again (which will happen in another 5 or 6 days), so until then I just need to suck it up and deal with it. We still have lots of fresh apples, oranges, tomatoes, and zucchini to finish using, along with a bag of rice. And I haven't been too into wanting variety, so we're basically having almost the same things. We've been getting into the habit of using seasonings again (salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, etc.), which is not good, so we need to wean ourselves off of them. But for the most part, the only cooked food we are having each day is rice. Anyway...

October 12, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/orange juice

October 13, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/orange juice

Dessert: avocado banana ice cream (homogenized frozen bananas and fresh avocados, with crushed pecans and swirls of agave nectar on top)

Exercise: ummmm...none?