Hello to all!

joelk

My name is Joel and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I have been training for about 5 years and competing for 2. I have been a vegetarian most of my life (was raised by vegetarian parents, lucky for me!) and have been vegan on and off a lot of that time, finally cutting out eggs for good over a year ago. I have competed and placed in my state championships and am aiming for a show in October. I think this forum will be a great place for me to pick up new ideas and to offer any advice I may have, as I am qualified as a personal trainer and am completing my degree in Nutritional Medicine. I look forward to my time here!!

Welcome Joel! Great to have you here, especially because you must have loads of information for us to share about nutrition because of your education.

I'd love to see pics of you! It's awesome that you are vegan and competing!!! There's nothing more motivating than seeing vegan people super fit!

Thanks, I am looking forward to discussing supplements and nutrition with everyone here!

I will post pics as I get closer to the show, which is about 3 months away. My avatar pic was from 2006, I came second, was vegetarian at that show though, eating a couple of eggs a day. I came in bigger last year as a vegan, around 185lbs.

Great physique!

Awesome to have you here. It sounds like you will be a great resource for us too! Thanks so much for joining. I hope you have a great time on the forum and we're happy to have you. All the best and welcome aboard!

Joel, VERY glad to have you here as an active competitive male bber. I suppose you are competing in Australia, yes? What is your height and at what bw and approx bf do you expect to be coming in at come october?

I am also looking to compete in october as well and should have no problem being ready by then, as long as my shoulder heals by aug 1st so i can hit upper body hard for a month bf shaving off final bf.

Anyways, I am most definitely going to be in close touch with you, if you don't mind, to discuss ideas and such. I think pm's ae working now so so that's a good thing.

I only competed once, 6 years ago so I def have some questions for ya

Welcome and really glad to have you here pal!

Thanks Lean and Green!

I would really like to keep in touch during our preparations, it would be great motivation.

I am competing in Australia, in the Victorian Championships.

My height is about 174cm and I aim to compete at about 79kg. My bodyfat at my last show was measured at 5% but I want to get lower, obviously!

Hope your shoulder recovers soon, it makes all the difference coming into a show feeling strong.

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me, I appreciate it!

Welcome!!

I am looking forward to your posts! What is Nutritional Medicine? I don't think we have a degree like that in the U.S. Will you be a medical doctor who specializes in nutrition? Or is it similar to a nutritionist (we have them with undergraduate and graduate degrees here)? You input in the nutrition section will be much appreciated, I'm sure!

DV, the course I am doing is a nutrition degree but there are different subtypes, like a science based or a medicine based degree. I'm doing the medicine course and then when I finish that will go on to complete my medical degree, as I have many of the pre requisites already.