Pullup Challenge!

A recent thread or two about how many pullups the average man/woman can do got me wondering about how many pullups the average vegan can do So, if you please, let us know your personal bests in consecutive pullups.

If enough people post their numbers, I'll set up the results in a little table here at the start of the topic. The "rules" are pretty simple - one continuous set of pullups, palms facing away from your body, each rep starts at full extension and ends with the chin above the bar. Video is not required, but it is expected

I'll start things off with my easily-beat personal best: 3 reps.

Edit: Adding a basic table.

gfxlonghorn  24
Mik          20
xjohanx      18
zinzen       15
joelk        15
GRardB       12
Fallen_Horse 11
makke        10
tuc          10
veginator     5
sosso         7
ralst         5
Richard       4
VegannNY      4
phillipeb     3

Edited by ralst

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal best is wide grip 15, close grip pull up 20, close grip chin up 20 also.

It took me quite a while to get there for sure

Nice! Twenty is very impressive.

As to the different grips, I know it makes a difference, but since people are free to use whatever grip they are strongest at for the purpose of this thread, I think it's fair to use whichever grip you can do the most repetitions with.

A recent thread or two about how many pullups the average man/woman can do got me wondering about how many pullups the average vegan can do So, if you please, let us know your personal bests in consecutive pullups.

If enough people post their numbers, I'll set up the results in a little table here at the start of the topic. The "rules" are pretty simple - one continuous set of pullups, palms facing away from your body, each rep starts at full extension and ends with the chin above the bar. Video is not required, but it is expected

Your 3 reps is like 95% 4 reps, you could say you made 4 reps

I like the camera angle from the side and you train in a sort of barn with wood I like that!

Your 3 reps is like 95% 4 reps, you could say you made 4 reps

I like the camera angle from the side and you train in a sort of barn with wood I like that!

Hey, I can't go breaking the rules in my own challenge The fourth was close, I'll get that many soon. My whole life, even when I weighed only 180 pounds, I couldn't do a single pullup - now, even though I'm at the bottom of the table, I'm very happy with 3/almost 4 at 225 pounds

Thanks for the compliments on the angle - the only place I could think of to put the camera was on top of the fridge It's my dad's garage, and he's got some pretty cool custom built equipment in there. Plus the fridge which is full of good drinks and snacks.

How about some numbers, I'm Your Man? We need more entries on the table.

I did 18 on a tree branch today. But they were more than shoulder wide. I should be able to do a lot more with a more narrow grip.

Good stuff. Pullups on a tree branch would make a cool vid

Zinzen, xjohanx, thanks for posting numbers. joelk, I put you down on the table at 15.

- Eric

videos would be cool. my cellphone isn't working properly but i'll get a new one with cybershot in like 2 weeks. till then you guys are just gonna have to trust me. how about starting a similar thread with dips? perhaps both bodyweight and how much additional weight you can have and do ten reps or something?

On the lat pulldowns if you very your grip you will build awesome inner, mid and wide V shaped lats.

you can also do straight arm extentions, and just a tip when doing pulldowns, picture your arm, not your forearm doing the movement and try to bring your elbows into your sides.

Wide rows kick much needed ass on lats and mid traps with rhomboids.

Most I've ever done was 12 chin-ups, but I haven't started off my back workouts with chin-ups in a while, so I'm not sure if I can do more/less now.

I can do 9-10 semi-wide grip pull-ups. Recently I started doing actual wide-grip pull-ups (hands on the slanted part of the bar) and I can do 7.

Weak^^

damn i totally forgot about this. i had in mind to try to break a record by doing narrow grip ones last week but totally forgot and did really wide ones. i def going to try this week. more people should post numbers. this forum is in lack of strenght tables. it's not just about looks, only 90%

I am going to try to get some video of this, wide grip is my fav, and I know my top on that is 15, that is how I would like to be listed, chin-ups are weak man.

so as it stands, 15 wide grip pullups, and hopfully if I can get someones recorder I will have footage to boot

Most I've ever done was 12 chin-ups, but I haven't started off my back workouts with chin-ups in a while, so I'm not sure if I can do more/less now.

I can do 9-10 semi-wide grip pull-ups. Recently I started doing actual wide-grip pull-ups (hands on the slanted part of the bar) and I can do 7.

Good job, GRardB, got you on the table.

damn i totally forgot about this. i had in mind to try to break a record by doing narrow grip ones last week but totally forgot and did really wide ones. i def going to try this week. more people should post numbers. this forum is in lack of strenght tables. it's not just about looks, only 90%

Yeah, we could definitely use more entries. Good luck breaking your record, though with zinzen voluntarily down to 15, you're in the lead as it is

Oh, and thanks for the sig!

I am going to try to get some video of this, wide grip is my fav, and I know my top on that is 15, that is how I would like to be listed, chin-ups are weak man.

so as it stands, 15 wide grip pullups, and hopfully if I can get someones recorder I will have footage to boot

All right, I changed yours to 15. Some video would be great

- Eric