Pullup Challenge!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so I have a video....

I'm not sure if you can call this 11, which would be 1 more than last time, because in the last one I don't think my chin technically reached the bar, and the video doesn't help me see it any better. It looks like 10.85 to me, but I'm posting the video regardless if it was still 10 or if I did 11. It was better than my last workout though, that's for sure!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNpz5A0D-Q

At the time I'm writing this post, it's not "processed" yet, but I don't have time to sit and wait! Have fun

Gerard

I give it an 11 for exellent arm shaking effort.

I am glad to see that others are taping this stuff now, so just for shits and giggles, if someone tapes a score above 15 by august 23rd ( I picked that date because I have surgery soon after and I will need at least a week to train for this) I will attempt with all my might to take the new score down.

Just for fun of course, this is a pull up challenge right

This is fun, the videos and friendly competition. I sold many of my things including my pull-up bar because I'm moving. There's not even a park where I can do pull-ups lol. I can't wait to move back in city and join a gym. Anyway, good job guys. Once you're able to do more than 10, keep on increasing slowly each week. It's also easier when you're skinny. I noticed I was able to do almost 15 more pull-ups when I had 15 pounds less bodyfat

Nice videos zinzen and GRardB! Zinzen, that was 15, right? Just making sure I'm not missing an update to the table GRardB, I'm bumping you up to 11 - I'm not quite sure you made the last one, but you're one of only three so far to post a video, so that earns you big extra points

C'mon, people, let's see some more videos

Once you're able to do more than 10, keep on increasing slowly each week. It's also easier when you're skinny. I noticed I was able to do almost 15 more pull-ups when I had 15 pounds less bodyfat

Tell me about it. I'm about ten pounds heavier (give or take another ten pounds, depending on the time of day ) than I was when this thread started, and I think atm I can just, just manage two pullups... it's too bad your formula probably won't apply to me: if I lost fifteen pounds and could immediately do 15 more pullups, I'd be very very happy

phillipeb - I put you on the table at 3 reps, hopefully you don't mind? We need as many people on the table as we can get

In my quest to work up to 10 pullups (I'm currently at 3), I've discovered a wonderful little use of the Gravitron...one armed pullups! They're fun, really, really butch...and allow you to really work both sides evenly (I'm a little weaker on the left arm.) GI Jane, watch out...!

gfxlonghorn - That's a lot of pullups! It's a little hard to tell from the video, though, but it looks like most/all of your reps you don't descend all the way to "full extension" before pulling yourself up again. The momentum is fine, I think, though on a few it does look like you're doing a kipping pullup ala Crossfit, but it looks (to me at least) like you're not doing full-range reps.