Pullup Challenge!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Whew...been a long time since I've been on the board...

I sprained my ankle BADLY and was out of the gym for 3+ months...I think I might've torn the ligament. Fortunately, I'm back in the gym now. I didn't really gain or lose weight. Last time I tried, I did 10 with an already-sore back. The most I've ever done is 12 (increased since the video I posted) and I think I can still do it.

Well hammer it out and lets see what you got bud.

I tryed the pullup bar at the new gym and almost ripped my shoulder out just trying to get on it, I am a short bastard and it scared the crap out of me when I heard a all to familiar snap, but it seems ok.

Gotta get me a stepping stool or some shit.

Sadly I have to say zero without a spot. I can only get about 75% of the way to the bar by myself. I can get over the top if i kip it or kick my legs or get someone to spot me. If I use a theraband on my knees I can do 3 sets of 15 because it gives you a spring off the bottom a bit. I am working on it and it is a goal of mine to be able to do these by myself and I will post again when I get it. I am impressed will all of the pullups being done here. If anyone has training tips for me on how to get these myself I'd move to hear them.

Ok, table updated. Don't think I forgot anyone, let me know if I did.

Good job Zinzen getting back to where you were before the surgery.

I can now do 7, with about 12 kg weight gained since this thread started.

Nice!

I haven't done pullups recently, just chinups - I'm definitely below my previous best of 5. I'm sure I could do 2, hopefully 3 - maybe this thread will be the encouragement I need to start doing these again.

Sadly I have to say zero without a spot. I can only get about 75% of the way to the bar by myself. I can get over the top if i kip it or kick my legs or get someone to spot me. If I use a theraband on my knees I can do 3 sets of 15 because it gives you a spring off the bottom a bit. I am working on it and it is a goal of mine to be able to do these by myself and I will post again when I get it. I am impressed will all of the pullups being done here. If anyone has training tips for me on how to get these myself I'd move to hear them.

I don't have any training tips, because it sounds to me like you're well on your way. One thought, though - if you can hammer out 15 with a theraband assisting, it might be worthwhile moving to a smaller theraband that provides less assistance.

Good luck with your goal.