Animal activists attacking scientists’ homes

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't see the value of anything when it's achieved through tactics like force and harassment. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I guess you would of opposed the underground railroad during slavery then?

What exactly are you trying to bait me into saying here?

Animals are their own living breathing sentient beings. As such they should be defended against those who would take away their right to life in the same way humans are. I would imagine that you are not opposed to the Jews who rose up resisted against and killed some of their Nazi captives during the holocaust? How about those who used direct action tactics to free slaves and cause financial damage to slave owners? If you saw human being tortured and killed right in front of you, would you not step in and defend that person, using any means necessary?

I am saying that it is purely a species opinion to suggest that animals lives shouldn't be defended with violence WHEN absolutely necessary when most people would not oppose using the same tactics to defend the lives of their fellow humans.

Until every cage is empty..

xvx

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Study marketing. It's so much more than just a set of advertisements; marketing has been used to change national perspectives and ways of life. Take the lessons of branding and proliferating a message.

i don't get what this has to do with anything? I'm sure studying marketing is a good way to get more influence over people. I'm going to study nutrition and hopefully help people make better dietary choices. That doesn't mean I can't be an ALF activist/supporter too. It's not a situation of either or, you can do both.

If you look back at history, many things that got the ball rolling for change had some involvement with violence. The French Revolution, The Revolutionary War, The Civil War....

I know what you're thinking "Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jr. never promoted violence." That's right, they didn't - and look who suffered for it. Furthermore, how long did it take African Americans to get their respect in the US? We're still working on it.

I agree with your point. The ANC in South Africa followed the non violent protest route for decades until finally Nelson Mandela resorted to forming the armed wing of the ANC, umkhonto we sizwe which carried out sabotage on the apartheid government. This pressure combined with outside pressure forced the apartheid government out of power in the early 90's. Sometimes it is essential for some violence to be used. However this can still be very principled, for instance, Umkhonto We Sizwe never hit civilian targets, and in fact focused mostly on sabotage.

The problem is there is a very fine line between right & wrong here.

The truth is, over thousands of years of society the bad people have progressively gained the reigns of power.This is because people like us have deliberated over this exact point throughout all these societies, & most of us have leaned towards pacifism in the hope that it was morally the right decision.That violence was not the answer.But the truth is that we are wrong if we think we are going to make any change by just setting a good example.I really wish we could but the truth is, on this physical plane, that physical power rules.We need to fight for these animals but I would suggest that terrorism is the way forward not actual harm to people because its hard to decide who actually deserves a good beating & who doesnt.I would say that the guy who works in a slaughter house day in day out deserves a good beating, but do the meat eaters in our life deserve it? Most of my & my girlfriends family are meat eaters but I find it hard to hate them, in the same way I hate people working in slaughter houses (just as example)

To prove we are under control of bad people heres a good example:

Becasue of the laws passed by UK government here are 2 crimes & their punishmnets:

1. A man on a motor cycle runs over & kills an 18yr old girl on purpose & receives 3 months in jail.

2.An animal rights activist is caught releasing animals from a slaughter house by demolishing gates & a wall (I would add this man had a history of offenses related to animal rights terrorism) He was sentenced to 10 years in jail.

Here in the UK animal rights terrorists are dealt with under the same laws as actual terrorists like Al Qaeda.

What the hell?

The problem is there is a very fine line between right & wrong here.

The truth is, over thousands of years of society the bad people have progressively gained the reigns of power.This is because people like us have deliberated over this exact point throughout all these societies, & most of us have leaned towards pacifism in the hope that it was morally the right decision.That violence was not the answer.But the truth is that we are wrong if we think we are going to make any change by just setting a good example.I really wish we could but the truth is, on this physical plane, that physical power rules.We need to fight for these animals but I would suggest that terrorism is the way forward not actual harm to people because its hard to decide who actually deserves a good beating & who doesnt.I would say that the guy who works in a slaughter house day in day out deserves a good beating, but do the meat eaters in our life deserve it? Most of my & my girlfriends family are meat eaters but I find it hard to hate them, in the same way I hate people working in slaughter houses (just as example)

To prove we are under control of bad people heres a good example:

Becasue of the laws passed by UK government here are 2 crimes & their punishmnets:

1. A man on a motor cycle runs over & kills an 18yr old girl on purpose & receives 3 months in jail.

2.An animal rights activist is caught releasing animals from a slaughter house by demolishing gates & a wall (I would add this man had a history of offenses related to animal rights terrorism) He was sentenced to 10 years in jail.

Here in the UK animal rights terrorists are dealt with under the same laws as actual terrorists like Al Qaeda.

What the hell?

Lets be completely frank here shall we?

First of all the ALF does not believe in causing physical harm to any living being, be it human or animal. That quote from Dr. Jerry Vlasek was taken out of context, he was not speaking on behalf of the ALF, he was giving his OWN opinion of the situation. The problem with creating your own ALF spokesman office is that you have to be very careful with what you say. Dr. Jerry hadn't quite figured this out yet, he often gives opinions that are his own during these press conferences, instead of explaining the motives of a particular ALF action.

Moving on...

We have been taught by this very system that pacifism has been used throughout history to promote change. Unfortunately the actual facts do not support that conclusion. For example, not only did MLK not oppose the use of non violent direct action (i.e. property destruction), the strides made during the civil rights era may not of happened if it wasn't for followers of Malcolm X, the Black Nationalist Parties, and the Black Panthers. They took a much more militant approach to their own liberation, and as such set the tone for change throughout the country.

Also you often hear praises of Ghandi relating to activist struggles. Id first like to mention that if you read up on the subject, you may find that Ghandi was far from a saint, not for the sake of this argument we will skip that discussion. However, history has shown that the accomplishments that Ghandi made would not have been possible had WW2 not happened. Hitler and Nazi Germany attacking the British wore done their resources and control so much, they had no choice but to give up the fight.

It's funny how everybody wants to refer to the good examples of changing society with violence. I'd say most examples are in between bad and outright horrifying.

Khmer Rouge anyone?

Soviet communism?

Nazis?

They too use arms to fight what they believe in. Who decides who is right or wrong?

i decide what is right and wrong. my moral is way higher than societys moral in general, the laws and the politicians that form those laws. i may sound like a total jerk to some when i say that but it's the truth. no doubt about it.

i decide what is right and wrong. my moral is way higher than societys moral in general, the laws and the politicians that form those laws. i may sound like a total jerk to some when i say that but it's the truth. no doubt about it.

You and George Bush have the same self-perception. This line of thinking doesn't always work out so well, eh?

It's funny how everybody wants to refer to the good examples of changing society with violence. I'd say most examples are in between bad and outright horrifying.

Khmer Rouge anyone?

Soviet communism?

Nazis?

They too use arms to fight what they believe in. Who decides who is right or wrong?

Those who exploit others for their own selfish greed are wrong. If you only use the tools given to you by the master, you will never beat the master. Wake up.

oh also, give me an example of society changing without violence in one form or another?

Those who exploit others for their own selfish greed are wrong. If you only use the tools given to you by the master, you will never beat the master. Wake up.

oh also, give me an example of society changing without violence in one form or another?

Well, education, health and real information are certainly not tools given to us by "the master". Violence unfortunately is. In fact an animal farm would probably like nothing better than someone going and vandalizing it and stealing livestock, when the alternative would be someone leafleting it or maybe say, getting them cited for health code violation.

Societies change all of the time without violence. War and violence are actually less likely to bring any sort of enlightenment. Vietnam is a perfect example, decades later the United States now trades with them and enjoys friendly relations with them. This was accomplished through commerce, not war.

Just remember, dogmatically believing that you are right and someone else is wrong has been the cause of every single genocide in history.

Haha the only example you could conjure up was Vietnam? A country exploited by multinational corporations for the greed of corporate ceo's, consumers and politicians. Give me a fucking break. Try opening a book once in a while and then come back to this discussion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Study marketing. It's so much more than just a set of advertisements; marketing has been used to change national perspectives and ways of life. Take the lessons of branding and proliferating a message.

i don't get what this has to do with anything? I'm sure studying marketing is a good way to get more influence over people. I'm going to study nutrition and hopefully help people make better dietary choices. That doesn't mean I can't be an ALF activist/supporter too. It's not a situation of either or, you can do both.

Oh, I agree, absolutely. I don't mean that we have to study marketing by pursuing a major or even taking courses at the expense of our other interests. I mean even taking up a book on the subject as a side hobby can work wonders -- there's quite nothing that works better than a message catered just for you. One of the most powerful tools of marketing (and one of the most dangerous when you consider intellectual property laws as far as the US goes) is when a brand becomes synonymous with a regular item -- people where I live say, "Get me a Kleenex" more than they say "Get me tissue for my runny nose." When that name becomes synonymous with tissue, you get some serious traction on your message.

This site is a great example of what I'm trying to say. We're trying to make synonymous "vegan" "muscular" and "fit" -- we're working wonders with some of the people on this forum. Yet, this is only a start. How do you propagate that message? How do you get it across the carnivorous world? Who are the opinion leaders? What vehicles for transitioning to veganism do we have to offer?

That last bit is a particular hassle for a lot of people. People who want to become vegan really don't have the framework for transitioning laid out before them. They have to go do research, they have to study. They have to take time out of their schedules. And whether or not that's right or wrong, I guarantee you that if a stronger framework for transitioning was available, you'd get more people jumping to greener pastures. Marketing can address this, in fact, it specifically has the tools to do it.

The meat industry also knows marketing. Even though they're not the only figures involved, why do you think people equate veganism with unhealthiness? Why is there all this stuff about how soy is so terribly bad for us? They don't even have to run advertisements; marketing is so much more deep than that.

Hey dudes, can we try to avoid personal attacks; this is obviously an important issue to a lot of people, and understandably many of us will have wildly different opinions. But it can still be discussed civilly.

Another thing to remember is that regardless of what one of us says to the other on here, it won't change what the ALF is doing, so remember that this is just a conversation, and just because someone is in favour of the ALF, they are not personally responsible for the ALF. And just because someone is in opposition to the ALF, it doesn't mean they are physically out there hindering them. It's possible to just disagree with one another on this I think, since all we are discussing here is our opinions on something which is happening

Richard wrote:

Hey dudes, can we try to avoid personal attacks; this is obviously an important issue to a lot of people, and understandably many of us will have wildly different opinions. But it can still be discussed civilly.

Yeah I agree, those doing it know who they are.

Try opening a book once in a while and then come back to this discussion.

Dont assume that someone isnt educated without knowing anything about them.

dipshit

Hmm.

Its funny becasue you completely miss the point that both violence & non violence have made good social change, did you ever think that both opinions were in part correct? Recognising that & meeting at that middle ground is what intelligent people do do form unity.Of all the groups I would hope to see a desire to be unfied it would be among us - vegans, because lets be honest, we are outnumbered & outgunned.We need to be nicer to eachother.

Khmer Rouge anyone?

Soviet communism?

Nazis?

Sweden and the US is changing all the time, as are all democratic countries. No need to punch people here. We got there not because frustrated teens but because of opinions that turned. So, first you turn the opinion then, if necessary, you use force.

Starting fights for a cause that have the support of 0.5% of the population is pathetic according to me. Learn to talk, that's what grownups do.

I could conjure thousands of examples. Vietnam was just an easy one because relations between the two countries only improved when the fighting stopped. When things change for better or for worse, it's usually the market that facilitates change, not war. What century are you living in? How have you not pieced this together? The days where people shot rifles at each other and then stopped for tea breaks are long gone. Nothing but the flow of money really controls the world now. Find a way to influence its direction if you want to change things.

We are supposed to wait for capitalism to save us? Ya that is a laugh. The capitalist system cares only for profit, it is the very reason that animals are exploited for the sake of humans. Thousands of examples? well lets hear one then. You clearly don't understand the ramifications globalization has had on these countries that have developed so called "strong" market based relations with the U.S. These people in SE Asia, South America etc etc are basically treated as slaves, and exploited for the sake of free labor. You tell someone poor woman feeding a family of 4 on the 8 cents a day she gets from making Nike's for your privileged white friends that she is much "better off".

Khmer Rouge anyone?

Soviet communism?

Nazis?

Sweden and the US is changing all the time, as are all democratic countries. No need to punch people here. We got there not because frustrated teens but because of opinions that turned. So, first you turn the opinion then, if necessary, you use force.

Starting fights for a cause that have the support of 0.5% of the population is pathetic according to me. Learn to talk, that's what grownups do.

Who said anything about punching people? This is a discussion about the tactics the ALF and groups like it choose to use.

Again, you always take this holier than though approach because you think Sweden is god's gift to democracies. The only reason you even see the changes that have been made in Sweden is because they are such a small player in the world market. Even then, the change seen is hardly one to be considered equal social justice for all. One multi-national corporation like Wal Mart takes in and exchanges more money than your entire countries GDP. Frustrated teens? you think any of these dedicated activists that risk their lives for animals are likely to be teenagers? In fact in most of the cases we've seen where people got caught for direct action, these were long time veteran activists who realized their pleas for change and justice were being ignored.

By the way, try reading something other than (or in addition to) Chomsky and the sharpened rhetoric of activist literature before you blindly accuse me of not reading enough, dipshit. And while we're on the topic of reading I'd also like to point out something else that has obviously evaded you (coming from someone who has probably done more reading than you or anyone you know) reading doesn't make you smart: it just makes you well read, and maybe gives you a broader perspective of the world.

FYI studying the social impacts of free trade and capitalism, as well as social movements is actually what I am doing for a career. But nice try.

Richard wrote:

Yeah I agree, those doing it know who they are.

Try opening a book once in a while and then come back to this discussion.

Dont assume that someone isnt educated without knowing anything about them.

dipshit

Hmm.

Its funny becasue you completely miss the point that both violence & non violence have made good social change, did you ever think that both opinions were in part correct? Recognising that & meeting at that middle ground is what intelligent people do do form unity.Of all the groups I would hope to see a desire to be unfied it would be among us - vegans, because lets be honest, we are outnumbered & outgunned.We need to be nicer to eachother.

First off don't even start, I haven't once said that non violent tactics don't have a place in social change. I simply stated a FACT that in any successful social change movement, and any successful revolution some form of violence was not only prevalent but essential.

You know how many people I know refuse to post here because of the ignorance that is spread all across this board? Shit Ive been here a long time and I don't even post here anymore because of it. However this discussion was getting butchered so I had to say something.

We will be unified as long as people learn to keep their mouth shut about activists who are out their risking their lives to save animals. Imagine you are someone sitting in prison for 10, 20 or even 30 years because you risk your freedom to save animals and you read someone that had completely disregarded everything you have given up for animals. This isn't a laughing matter, its easy for people to sit behind a computer screen and criticize a movement they know almost NOTHING about.

I don't personally think it's possible to be unified on this subject when people have such different opinions. I am glad there are people who are directly doing something for the animals. The only thing I don't agree with is when they target people who are not directly responsible (families, janitors, banks etc). Though I still understand the motivation, I think it is a low blow. I am happy to hear about laboratories being targetted, and the people who work there. I can understand why people are opposed to the ALF - violence / direct action / vandalism isn't something I would normally encourage. But I agree with the motivation this instance, because of how widespread and terrible animal cruelty is. I wouldn't agree with this kind of action for another cause which wasn't as important.

Either way, I think it's important to remain calm in this discussion, since it's just a discussion of ideas / principles, by discussing it, there is no danger, so there isn't a need to be upset.

Children, children as long as you hold on to morals or ethics you will have these conflicts in discussion and differences in opinion. If you think you are right nobody will listen. If you do not believe in what you say, why should they? The illusion of opinion is that everyone is talking about the same thing just of a different color. The same thought put into violence is the same absence of thought of peace. When we choose not to account for all possibilities we become blinded in our own hatred of ourselves or at least the reflection cast upon us by society. So in your discussion bring not what you are comfortable with or know but what makes you uneasy, there you will find your resolve in the matter of mind you are speaking. It is your weakness that sets you among humans not your resolution of being human.

We are supposed to wait for capitalism to save us? Ya that is a laugh. The capitalist system cares only for profit, it is the very reason that animals are exploited for the sake of humans. Thousands of examples? well lets hear one then. You clearly don't understand the ramifications globalization has had on these countries that have developed so called "strong" market based relations with the U.S. These people in SE Asia, South America etc etc are basically treated as slaves, and exploited for the sake of free labor. You tell someone poor woman feeding a family of 4 on the 8 cents a day she gets from making Nike's for your privileged white friends that she is much "better off".

You just asked me to cite examples of change, you made no specification if the change was supposed to be good or bad. Bad labor conditions are certainly better than having napalm dumped on your villages daily. The market often changes things for worse, often for the better. The internet was by and large a creation of the free market, in my opinion that's a good thing.

The internet was a creation of the free market? really? Why is that? because they put the infrastructure in place? Give me a break. The internet as we know it wouldn't even exist if the corporations had their way with it. Ever heard of net neutrality?

Also are you not aware that every single day, workers are being murdered by paid mercenaries of multi-nationals? Not to mention the constant onslaught of native and indigenous peoples. Have you heard of Plan Columbia? How about the effects that corporations like Monsanto have had on South America and SE Asia? You my friend need to become "more well read".

Imagine you are someone sitting in prison for 10, 20 or even 30 years because you risk your freedom to save animals and you read someone that had completely disregarded everything you have given up for animals. This isn't a laughing matter, its easy for people to sit behind a computer screen and criticize a movement they know almost NOTHING about.

Ok, I just thought about it. Hmm... 20-30 years in the bing for animal activism... would that make me like Leonard Peltier? Mumia Abu Jamal? Or maybe even someone like Gary Webb or Danny Casolaro, murdered for spreading information? Oh wait, no it wouldn't; It would just make me another nameless faceless person locked in a cage with no one giving a fuck about what I had to say about anything because I was arrested for violent animal activism... not because I had any information or any ability to mobilize people.

these people are hardly nameless...

SHAC

Jacob Conroy #93501-011 FCI Victorville Medium 1

PO Box 5300 Adelanto, CA 92301

Jake Conroy is one of the SHAC 7 defendants found guilty on March 2, 2006 for allegedly spearheading SHAC USA and the campaign against the notorious animal testing lab Huntingdon Life Sciences in the US. He was convicted of violating the Animal Enterprise Protection Act, Conspiracy to Stalk, three substantive counts of Interstate Stalking, and Conspiracy to Violate the Communications Act of 1934. To support Jake go to: http://www.supportjake.org/.

Darius Fulmer #26397-050 FCI Fort Dix

PO Box 2000 Fort Dix, NJ United States 08640

Darius is one of the "SAHC-7" convicted for reporting on and encouraging others to engage in legal demonstrations and supporting the ideology of direct action. He was convicted of Conspiracy to violate the Animal Enterprise Protection Act and sentenced to 1 year, 1 day. For information on how you can support Darius go to: http://www.shac7.com/dari/index.htm.

Lauren Gazzola #93497-011 FCI Danbury

ROute #37 22 1/2 Pembroke ROad Danbury, CT United States 06811

For Conspiracy to violate the Animal Enterprise Protection Act, Conspiracy to Stalk, three counts of Interstate Stalking, Conspiracy to Harass using a Telecommunications Device, Lauren was sentenced to 4 years and 4 months. Support Lauren! Moe information at: http://www.supportlauren.com/.

Josh Harper #29429-086 FCI SHERIDAN

P.O. BOX 5000 Sheridan, OR United States 97378

CONVICTED OF: Conspiracy to violate the Animal Enterprise Protection Act, Conspiracy to Harass using a Telecommunications Device for which he received a three year sentence. Josh's support site is: http://www.joshharper.org/.

Kevin Kjonaas #93502-011 UNIT I, FCI SANDSTONE

Unit 1 PO Box 1000 Sandstone, MN United States 55072

Kevin started his six year sentence on November 16, 2006, convicted for Conspiracy to violate the Animal Enterprise Protection Act, Conspiracy to Stalk, three counts of Interstate Stalking, Conspiracy to Harass using a Telecommunications Device. Support information is available at: http://www.andystepanian.com/.

Andy Stepanian #26399-050 FCI BUTNER MEDIUM II

P.O. BOX 1500 Butner, NC United States 27509

Sentenced to 3 years for Conspiracy to violate the Animal Enterprise Protection Act, Andy was moved in November 2006 to a maximum security unit due to "overcrowding in minimum security". Support Andy! FOr information go to http://www.andystepanian.com/.

Anarchist & Anti-Authoritarian

Jerome W. Bey #37479 SCCC

(1-B-224) 255 West Hwy 32 Licking, MO United States 65102

Social prisoner and founder of the anarcho-syndicalist Missouri Prison Labor Union.

Bill Dunne #10916-086

Box 019001 Atwater, CA United States 95301

Anti-authoritarian sentenced to 90 years for the attempted liberation of a prisoner in 1979. For Bill's statement go to: http://www.prisonactivist.org/pps%2Bpows/pplist-alpha.shtml#dunne

Matt ""Rampage"" Lamont

Reincarcerated on Feb 23rd, 2006 for a "parole violation".

Ojore N. Lutalo #59860

PO 861 SBI #0000901548 Trenton, NJ United States 08625

Anarchist and black liberation soldier serving time for revolutionary clandestine activities.

Marie Mason #134001 Butler ounty Sherrifs Office & CorrectionalComplex

705 Hanover St Hamilton, OH 45011

*Updated* Marie Mason was arrested and accused of arsons in connection with actions dating back to 1999. She is awaiting trial. For more info contact: [email protected]

Brian McCarvill #11037967 Oregon State Penitentiary

2605 State Street Salem, OR United States 97310

Brian became politically active while serving a 39-year sentence on bogus charges, he has been continually harassed after filing a lawsuit against the Oregon Dept. of Corrections.

Mike Rusniak #DOC K88887 Dixon CC

2600 Brinton PO Box 99 Dixon, IL United States 61021

Serving time for stealing a police car, and other acts of anti-government property-destruction.

Rodney Wade #38058 S.I.C.I.

ND-BL-24 P.O.Box 8509 Boise, ID United States 83707

Ecological activist serving time for self-defense against a racist attack.

Indigenous & Land Rights

Byron Shane "Oso Blanco" Chubbuck #07909-051 US Penitentiary

PO Box 26030 Beaumont, TX United States 77720

Indigenous rights activist serving 80 years for bank robbery, aggravated assault on the FBI, escape and firearms charges. A confidential informer (pig) reported that Oso was robbing banks in order to acquire funds to support the Zapatista rebellion in Chiapas, Mexico. in 1998-99. Read more at: http://www.americanindianprisoners.com/Pages/Byron%20Shane%20Chubbuck.htm

Eddie Hatcher #0173499 ECI

PO Box 215 Maury, NC United States 28550

Longtime Native American freedom-fighter being framed for a murder he did not commit. He hasd a blog at http://eddiehatcher.blogspot.com/.

Leonard Peltier #89637-132 U.S. PENITENTIARY

PO Box 1000 Leavenworth, KS United States 66048

American Indian Movement (AIM) activist, serving two Life sentences, having been framed for the murder of two FBI agents. http://www.freepeltier.org/

Luis V. Rodriguez #C33000

PO Box 7500 Crescent City, CA United States 95532-7500

Apache/Chicano activist being framed for the murder of two cops.

Tewahnee Sahme #11186353 SRCI

777 Stanton Blvd Ontario, OR United States 97914

Dedicated Native rights advocate serving additional time for a prison insurgency.

David "Looks Away" Scalera #13405480 TRCI

82911 Beach Access Rd Umatilla, OR United States 97882

Dedicated Native rights advocate serving additional time for a prison insurgency.

Eco-Defense & Animal Liberation

Tre Arrow #640393, Multnomah County Detention Center

1120 S.W. 3rd Avenue Portland, OR Canada 97206

*Updated* Tre has been extradited to the US and is awaiting trial accused of involvement with an arson on logging trucks and an arson on vehicles owned by a sand & gravel company. For more info go to: http://www.trearrow.org/

Nathan Block #36359-086 FCI Lompoc, Federal Correctional Institution,

3600 Guard Road, Lompoc, CA United States 93436

Nathan Block plead guilty and was sentenced to seven years and eight months for involvement in two incidents of direct actions that occurred in Oregon in 2001. [email protected]

Rod Coronado ##03895000 FCI Tucson

PO Box 23811 Tucson, AZ United States 85734

Rod was sentenced to eight months in federal prison August 7th for interfering with U.S. Forest Service agents who were trying to capture mountain lions in Sabino Canyon two years ago. Support info

See also: http://flamingarrows.mountainrebel.net/index.php

Josh Demmit #12314-081 FCI Safford

P.O. Box 9000 Safford, AZ United States 85548

Serving 30 months for an arson on a University animal testing facility. For more go to: http://supportjosh.org

Barnes Grant #137563, San Carlos Correctional Facility

PO Box 3 Pueblo, CO 81002

Grant Barnes plead guility and was sentenced to 12 years in prison for setting several SUVs on fire in the Denver area.

Jeffrey Hogg

OR United States

Jeff Hogg was released from jail November 15, 2007 where he was held for refusing to testify in front of a federal grand jury being used to build their case against "Green Scare defendants".

Ted Kaczynski #04475-046 US Pen-Admin Max Facility

PO Box 8500 Florence, CO United States 81226

Sentenced to multiple lifetimes in prison for the "Unabomber" bombing attacks against the architects of the New World Order. Read an interview with him at http://www.primitivism.com/kaczynski.htm

Jeffrey "Free" Luers #13797671 Oregon State Penitentiary

2605 State Street Salem, OR United States 97310

Serving a 22+ year sentence for setting fire to sports utility vehicles to protest the destruction of the environment. He has been made an example of by the criminal injustice system and he urgently needs your support. Read more at: http://www.freefreenow.org/

UPDATE, February 2008: Jeff 'Free' Leurs has been resentenced to ten years imprisonment, meaning he'll be out in December 2009! More info is available at: www.freejeffluers.org

Eric McDavid #X-2972521 Sacramento County Main Jail 4E231A 7E128

651 "I" Street Sacramento, CA United States 95814

Arrested & charged with "conspiracy to damage and destroy property by fire and an explosive." More at www.supporteric.org

Daniel McGowan #63794-053 FCI Sandstone, Federal Correctional Institution

PO Box 1000 Sandstone, MN United States 55072

Daniel McGowan plead guilty and was sentenced to seven years for two incidents of direct action that occurred in Oregon in 2001. www.supportdaniel.org

Jonathan Paul #07167-085 FCI Phoenix, Federal Correctional Institution

37910 N 45th Ave. Phoenix, AZ United States 85086

Jonathan Paul plead guilty and was sentenced to 51 months for involvement in a direct action that occurred in Oregon in 1997. www.supportjonathan.org

Fran Thompson #1090915 WERDCC

HU 1C P.O. Box 300 Valdalia, MO United States 63382

Longtime eco-activist serving a Life sentence for shooting dead, in self-defense, a stalker who had broken into her home. For more information send a letter to 'Free Fran Movement', 333 Agro Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78209, USA.

John Wade #38548-083 FCI Petersburg Low, Satellite Camp

PO Box 90027 Petersburg, VA United States 23804

Serving 37 months for a series of ELF actions against McDonalds & Burger King, urban sprawl, the construction industry, and an SUV dealership.

Briana Waters #36432-086 FDC - Seatac, Federal Detention Center

P.O. Box 13900 Seattle, WA United States 98198

Briana Waters was convicted of involvement in a direct action that took place in Oregon in 2001. For more information on how you can support this Eco-Defense prisoner go to: http://www.supportbriana.org/.

Helen Woodson #03231-045 FMC Carswell

PO Box 27137 Admin Max Unit Fort Worth, TX United States 76127

Serving 27 years for robbing a bank and then setting the money on fire while reading out a statement denouncing greed, capitalism and the destruction of the environment. Read her essay Terrorism, the Law and Guilt by Association

Peter Young #10269-111 FCI Victorville Medium II

PO Box 5700 Adelanto, CA United States 92301

RELEASED! Sentenced to 2 years for releasing 8,000 mink from a fur farm. The South Dakota charges have been dropped. For the most complete and up-to-date information go to: http://supportpeter.com.

Joyanna Zacher #36360-086 FCI Dublin, Federal Correctional Institution

5701 8th St - Camp Parks- Unit E, Dublin, CA United States 94568

Joyanna Zacher plead guilty and was sentenced to seven years and eight months for involvement in two incidents of direct actions that occurred in Oregon in 2001. [email protected]

United Freedom Front (UFF)

The following three individuals are serving huge sentences for their role in actions carried out by the (UFF) in the 1980's. The UFF carried out solidarity bombings against the US government on a variety of issues.

Jaan Karl Laaman #W41514

Box 100 South Walpole, MA United States 0207

Thomas Manning #10373-016 US Penitentiary

Box 1000 Leavenworth, KS United States 66048

Richard Williams #10377-016

3901 Klein Blvd. Lompoc, CA United States 93436

MOVE

MOVE is a radical ecological movement that has been attacked by the Philadelphia Police since its inception. Nine members were convicted and sent to prison for life following a 1978 siege at their house in which one cop was killed by another cop. One of those nine, Merle Africa, died in prison after being denied medical treatment.

Charles Simms Africa #AM4975 SCI Grateford

Box 244 Grateford, PA United States 19426-0244

Debbie Simms Africa #0006307

451 Fullerton Ave. Cambridge Springs, PA United States 16403-1238

Edward Goodman Africa #AM4974 SCI Camp Hill

Box 200 Camp Hill, PA United States 17011-0200

Janet Holloway Africa #006308

451 Fullterton Ave. Cambridge Springs, PA United States 16403-1238

Janine Philips Africa #006309

451 Fullerton Ave. Cambridge Springs, PA United States 16403-1238

Michael Davis Africa #AM4973 SCI Grateford

Box 244 Grateford, PA United States 19426-0244

William Philips Africa #AM4984 SCI Dallas

Drawer K Dallas, PA United States 18612

Ok, I just thought about it. Hmm... 20-30 years in the bing for animal activism... would that make me like Leonard Peltier? Mumia Abu Jamal? Or maybe even someone like Gary Webb or Danny Casolaro, murdered for spreading information? Oh wait, no it wouldn't; It would just make me another nameless faceless person locked in a cage with no one giving a fuck about what I had to say about anything because I was arrested for violent animal activism... not because I had any information or any ability to mobilize people.

I think it would be nice if you would reread what xdarthveganx wrote and think about it for a while. Like xdarthveganx, I found it quite upsetting that you would put down animal rights prisoners like that. The truth is it makes me think that you are an idiot, but I would really like it if you would prove me wrong .

You just asked me to cite examples of change, you made no specification if the change was supposed to be good or bad. Bad labor conditions are certainly better than having napalm dumped on your villages daily. The market often changes things for worse, often for the better. The internet was by and large a creation of the free market, in my opinion that's a good thing.

What is your point?

Certainly wasnt the market that made the US stop dumpin napalm on viatnamese villages, it was armed resistance from the vietnamese people. .