Hello all from Bowie, Maryland

djshrew

Hi all! I have just gotten back into training after an injury. in 2006 I worked out like crazy ( I was a vegetarian then, I have been vegan since about last March) and I saw a big change in my body. In high school I was slightly over weight, at 5'8" I was about 163lbs.my senior year I lost about 10lbs. simply because I had my tonsils out and couldn't eat anything but sweet potatoes ,Before I started working out in '06 I was about 145lbs. Before my wedding in '06 I dropped down to about 135 or so. I am currently about 127-130lbs. after my wedding I didn't work out as much as i wanted to (we simply couldn't afford the gym membership so we bought some home weights to work with but it wasn't the same.)

I am currently working on my BA in Psychology with a minor in dance and sociology ( i LOVE to dance!!!) This past March I severely sprained my ankle and had to stop my dance classes =( I just started back up with my workouts. I am currently doing 3 days a week of weights (as well as working on rehabing my ankle) and cardio (I am also trying to fit in cardio on my days off.) This fall I will up the weights and cardio to 6 days (tues and thursday I am taking 3 dance classes)

I am SO excited to have found this forum, it is a real motivator and makes me feel like an even stronger vegan!

I will have to post some info on my diet as I am concerned with my calorie intake ( it will be very important this fall with all the extra dancing)

Welcome! Nice intro, you seem like an active person!

I'm sure you'll get your diet in perfect condition with help from the people in the forum. There are also very good personal trainers like VeggiePrincess here.

Good luck with your studies too!

Welcome.

I like your town's name

=) it's not pronounced like David Bowie though, =( it's pronounced Boo-e ,too bad it would be pretty awesome if I could say it had some relation to David Bowie

Greetings from D.C!

Do you have videos of your dancing?

Nice to see someone local on the board =) I don't have any dancing videos, but if I ever get some I'll let ya know.

• 3 weeks later...

I don' t know how I missed this! I think I was traveling during that time and it somehow slipped past me! I'm really sorry about that because the intros are my favorite part of the forum and I love to welcome new members.

Great meeting you today! I hope to see you around on the forum soon. I look forward to seeing your online journal.

Now I will officially say Welcome! So sorry I missed it the first time....

All the best and enjoy our community!