Vega Bars - Now available!

Hello, Brendan here...

I (and everyone else at Sequel Naturals) spent the better part of the summer getting the first line extension of the Vega whole food meal replacement formulated and to market - the 100% raw Vega Bars! I've made them for myself in a food processor for about eight years now, so once I decided to get them to market it went quite quickly. As with the Vega meal replacement, the bars are of course vegan and packed full of whole foods for usable nutrients.

Each 63g Vega bar contains:

•10g of complete raw protein for easy digestion (hemp, sprouted mung bean)

•6g of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber (sprouted flax)

•6g of sprouts, rich in enzymes and phytonutrients (flax, wheat grass, mung bean)

•4.5g of omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids (hemp, spouted flax)

•dulse for natural source electrolytes

•agave nectar for easily digested, low glycemic carbohydrate

240 calories

Here's the list of ingredients (natural flavour):

Dates, hemp protein, organic sprouted flax seeds, almond butter, agave nectar, almonds, sesame seeds, raisins, organic sprouted mung beans, organic wheat grass, lemon juice, organic dulse

Unlike traditional cooked and processed bars, Vega bars are 100% raw, alkaline and enzymatically alive, requiring less energy to digest, therefore provide a greater net energy gain.

They‘re available at most health food stores in Canada

The best part is that both Vega products are now also available to be ordered on-line!

http://www.oceansidepublishing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_45&sort=5a&page=2

So far the berry seems to be the most popular. The natural has a bit of a ‘green’ taste (that I really like) because of the wheat grass. The chocolate also contains coconut and tastes like a raw chocolate brownie.

I'd be interested to hear feedback from those of you who have tried them.

We are having the Vega site completely rebuilt, should be done by mid December…

www.myvega.com

In January both the bars and meal replacement will launch in the US (Sequel is a Canadian company from Vancouver)

Hope you like them,

Brendan

www.brendanbrazier.com

Edited by Brendan Brazier

The Vega bars are awesome!

I eat tons of them at work and before and after workouts.

I do share them with a bunch of people. In fact I just had dinner with a vegan lady tonight and gave her a vega bar to take home to try

I also gave them to my movie producer, big ben, and others to try.

Here is a photo of me working at the Vega Booth in Canada last month:

http://myspace-763.vo.llnwd.net/00281/36/70/281650763_l.jpg

Here is one with the Vegan Fitness Team, including Brendan who created the product:

http://myspace-987.vo.llnwd.net/00281/78/90/281660987_l.jpg

So anyway, I think the bars are great, but like Brendan said, please feel free to share feedback here.

I also have a feeling that everyone who orders a copy of Vegan Fitness - Built Naturally (coming out next month) may be getting to try Vega bars

Check them out and post feedback here.

-Rob

Cool Ash,

Yeah the bars are great and the book is also very good. I learned a lot from it. Brendan is a pretty awesome guy. I'll try to get him to come out for the Vegan Fitness Vacation as well.

On a side note....isn't that a cute photo of the three of us from Canada?

-Rob

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried the berry flavored Vega Bar?

I think it might be one of the best tasting bars out there. Clif and Odwalla make some great tasting bars too, but the Vega one is all raw, and is a totally vegan-based product, created by an elite vegan athlete.

I know I've sent some berry bars to some of you who have ordered things recently, so I thought I'd check to see what you think about them?

Yes, Vamprilla, I know I'm a dork, but cool at the same time...you know?

-Robert

I liked the berry flavoured bar!

I did not like the powder.

I would love to buy them sometime in the future, when they're available in Europe. Have you talked to any webshops in Europe?

I think detoxyourworld would be interested as they carry these sort of things (I buy american DHA from them).

Could you check it out?

Pleeeeaaaaseee kind sir?!

That is similar to what many think. Most really like the bars, but don't care for the powder quite as much. Others love the powder. I think, at this point, Vega is one of those things that people really like or totally don't like. There aren't too many people in the middle. I'll admit it does have kind of a unique flavor to it.

About the lara bar, I don't think I've ever had one. I've heard of them but never had one so I don't know if they are similar. I'll try one soon and let you know if they are somewhat similar.

-Robert

I think the Vega Bars taste similar to the Lara Bars. However, the Vega bars have better nutrion

This is just the protein breakdown:

Lara 4g protien

Vega 10g protein

I keep getting soliciated to carry a new one with ginger (to prevent motion sickness on dive boats) called the Dive Bar:

http://www.divebar.com/

They sent me a sample and it says VEGAN on it. I haven't tried it because it's high sugar and only 2g protein.

I haven't decided if I'll carry them yet, but if I do 'll still be eating the Vega Bars.

• 6 months later...

Personally, I prefer the Vega bars over the Larabars. Also, I believe the ingredients in Vega are organic (is that correct, Robert?) and Larabars are not.

Even though I find both brands way too sweet for me, I keep the Vega bars on hand for when I am on the run and need a quick fix. But I must admit I'm addicted to the new Maya bars these days.

Hey Honey,

The Vega bars have some organic ingredients but are not totally organic. They may be 20%-30% organic by volume. Regular Lara bars are not organic but they came out with a Maya bar that is all organic (I believe).

Vega may go "more" organic in the future, I'm not sure. I'll be up at their office in Canada in a few days so I'll get some more updates, etc.

Enjoy the Vega!

Hey Honey,

The Vega bars have some organic ingredients but are not totally organic. They may be 20%-30% organic by volume. Regular Lara bars are not organic but they came out with a Maya bar that is all organic (I believe).

Vega may go "more" organic in the future, I'm not sure. I'll be up at their office in Canada in a few days so I'll get some more updates, etc.

Enjoy the Vega!

Are most of the organic ingredients normally stuff that's GMO at the non-organic level?

Hello Brendan,

I recently ordered the Berry and natural Flavor Vega Bars. They taste really good and are far better than any others on the market. The next closest (in my opinion) would be Cliff Bars.

I would like to try the powder, but I must admit, it is a bit expensive for a 15-day supply. But then again, all the ingredients are solid.

P.S. I just recently purchased and watched the DVD you, Tonya and Robert created. It was a really good, informative piece.

It's just a pity that there wasn't an option for subtitles, such as: (Italian, French or German). It would have helped for the foreign speaking folks across the pond.

Well produced!!!

Take Care--Patrick

• 1 month later...

Uh, I just found this tread. I don't know if you Brendan will check again, but I finally have tried Vega as well

I liked the Powder a lot and I think berry is defenately the best of the powders. Now I find the powder a little too sweet as the first time I tried it. The powder works well at home

After berry, neutral is fine too, but the chocolate powder is nothing for me.

The Vega bars are absolutely awesome. Nothing better. No other bar, no nothing. I also like it better than the power, because it is 100% raw and veeery easy to handle. You just grab it and go and have it anywhere you like, whithout having to mix it.

Personally I like berry the best, followed by neutral, which I also like.

But chocolate is not my thing. I don't like that one at all.

I would also be very happy to be able to order it here in Europe.

~ K-oz

P.S. I saw the Fitness DVD many times now and I am glad for all the information given there! Thanks to all of you

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i just bought a few of these at erewhon in hollywood last week. they were really good! especially the berry flavor! and i totallyy convinced the cashier to buy some of them after he asked me about them. (though i think he thought i worked for the company or something )