secrets to succeed'n on raw..

kiwi skins are digusting..what a world..lol!

today did a workout on some furniture.

downed 6kg of local organic mangosteens in the jungle.

swam in a rainforrest stream and watched irredescant blue damselflies do crazy aerobatics..

i got 8th overall, in the penang hill climb race on sunday. 2842 entrants..i flex'd em some fruit power up the climb..

AMAZING.

Your experience and success proves the health principles which we have been teaching for years. You would like our book: www.survivalinthe21stcentury.com. Put in my name, Richard Tasca" for a book search and you can buy an old copy cheap.

You might also enjoy visiting www.fruitarianfitness.com and www.arnoldehret.com.

Your performance all around is inspirational.

Moon_crescent.gif.b03600afc19f0cee924e73de14816dc5.gif

ive read that book. its great motivation on WHY to go raw. 811 is the book on HOW to go raw.

nuts out of season are going bad. im into fresh food. all we have to do is look around at all the raw crew and see how many people are having problems with nuts and seeds..and those that claim to have no problems..they are in nut denial! lol!

im gonna eat as mother nature provides. nuts are short season for a reason..fruit sugar is all year long, to keep us fast and strong.

nuts are dull and fat.

grains are dull and bland.

fruit is sweet n juicy.

we are what we eat..

I'm trying out the 80/10/10 diet, it's actually working, when I cut down fats to a low level, I don't get up in the morning like I was ran over by a tractor, I eat an avocado a day for fats. By the way, whats the symptoms if someone doesn't get enough fats? I'm not 100% raw, I eat whole grains and get calories from that too, but I feel good with it

By the way, whats the symptoms if someone doesn't get enough fats?
There can be many minor to major symptoms of essential fatty acids. There's only one I'm sure I've experienced is dry skin and dandruff when there was absolutely no more fat going to my skin it became so dry it was like if I had an extreme sunburn but there was no sun.

if we are eating enough calories from RAW, WHOLE, PLANT foods then its not possible to undereat fat..as fat is found in EVERY whole raw plant food..

my fav fat source over the year is lettuce...

on high fat raw my skin was crap. on low fat, its the best ever. i see this over and over again with crew.

i also dont eat salt or seaweed..thats another perfect skin trick..

Adding more raw foods to my diet is something that I absolutely want to do! Anyway I found out in May, from someone that we met at the Green Expo, that there is a big raw group here, with like 30 members or something. I missed a raw event, (about how to do it correctly) at Whole Foods, because I was in Portland, but hopefully I will be able to partcipate in their group sometime soon.

drink water before eating - doesn't that hinder with the breakdown of food?

The stomach functions in a primarily an acid environment which is used to breakdown your food further. Drinking more water before and during this time can nutrilize and hinder the chemicals which help breakdown your food. Thus taking longer to breakdown and longer for you to reap its benefits.

drink water before eating - doesn't that hinder with the breakdown of food?

The stomach functions in a primarily an acid environment which is used to breakdown your food further. Drinking more water before and during this time can nutrilize and hinder the chemicals which help breakdown your food. Thus taking longer to breakdown and longer for you to reap its benefits.

Water goes trough you very fast, if you drink 30 minutes before a meal, you gonna be ok

bingo! leave at least 30mins before eating..

how do we know we are hydrated?

we are urinating clear and frequent..ie at least 12 times a day.

if your ever passing yellow urine or even straw colour...let that be your alarm bells to drink more. im not talking about looking at it in a glass, im talking about looking down at whats coming out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hy!

My journey from meat eating to fruit eating was quite fast, it took half year. when i went vegetarian it was vegan also because i did not drink milk. So after a cople of months i started raw and then 100%raw, in now almost just fruits. It is kind a funny, i met people say that it is hard to stay vegan or vegetarian, it was the same for me, to stay vegan and after to stay raw, but with every change it became more and more easy, because now it is not hard to me to stay vegan or raw anymore, it is harder to eat enough fruits for cals. so

I just wanted to ask your opinion Duriander about sprouts (grains, lentils). Because i actually love sprouted lentils , and they are raw and good source of cals and carbs and protein too and they are cheap. Because probably it will be harder to maintain fruit based diet in the winter. Because in Hungary i could only buy import fruits (and i will) but they are not the same, and more expensive.

so, what do you think?

I just wanted to ask your opinion Duriander about sprouts (grains, lentils). Because i actually love sprouted lentils , and they are raw and good source of cals and carbs and protein too and they are cheap. Because probably it will be harder to maintain fruit based diet in the winter. Because in Hungary i could only buy import fruits (and i will) but they are not the same, and more expensive.

Considering you don't live in a tropical country, I think this is totally reasonable.

http://www.rawfoodsupport.com/read.php?2,25207

hey, I found this forum and a lot of people swears at the 80/10/10, and say that Doug is not even a doctor and whatever, and that fruits aren't enough nutritious, but if the soil is so run-down why would be other plants more nutritious? the 80/10/10 works fore me really good, although I eat sprouted grains and stuff, but 80-90% of my daily meals are fruits, especially sweet fruits if I can get them, whats your opinion on this?

• 1 month later...

read 811 the book. it will put things simple for us to understand yet all back with science and easy to digest cos it is common sense and instinct.

i dont do sprouts, they affect my digestion. i eat carbs and protein from fruit. i eat greens when i feel like em. ive lived in belgium. belgium doesnt grow much fruit, yet i found it easier to get fruit in belgium than in australia. FAR easier.

australia is all about beef, bbq and beer. its australian culture to abuse your health. im gonnna support my health and keep doing whatever it takes to get my fruit and veg.

i live under the poverty line and i can afford 100% raw vegan just fine..

Edited by durianrider

• 2 years later...

as for sourcing the income to get enough calories from all the organic fruits and veg i consume?

heck i havent done a week of payed work since i became 100% raw almost 3 years ago. i went to social security and said 'im looking for a job where im living my passion. i have this book on rawfood. we need to get it in EVERY school, hospital, tv station, media outlet etc. i want to help put fruit as the worlds number one carb source to save the planet, the animals and the people...'

they said 'you sir are unfit for work. we dont have any jobs for you. here is your pension. enjoy your life...'

so ive been fund'n my animal rights activism and organic fruit habit 100% on welfare..

so whats the next excuse crew want me to debunk?

ahah nice!!

I just discovered the world of social security about 2 months ago. Before that, I've always been working for 20 years. Now I have less money, but I get some extra cash from small jobs here and there. I don't see anything wrong with accepting money from the governement (actually from the people -- here in Canada it all comes from the taxes we pay -- and that I pay myself). Those checks are helping me to do what I want like painting, photography, filmmaking, cycling, etc... all things that don't give me incomes yet. I see social security as a good thing, perhaps the only useful reason why we pay taxes, compared to the other reasons: the health system (in Canada it's free health services, we never pay for surgery, etc, because we pay with the taxes) so basically I pay for all the sick people smoking cigarettes and eating at McDo. We pay also taxes for all the shitty tv programs on the national channels that I don't even watch.

people use the cold climate as an excuse to justify grain consumption. but actually science proves cooked foods make you colder. how? cos more blood is used to digest the same amount of calories from fruit as cooked grains. so thats blood that is taken away from the skin for warmth.

the excuse that 'i must eat cooked cos its cold' has grown mold and is now old.

I never tought about this digesting thing to desire cooked foods. I must admit that as soon as it's cold or rainy, I feel for more for cooked stuff, high calorie foods, even junks... it,s all psychological... and the yin-yang thing... actually I look for warmth during the hard Quebec winter, usually with huge pea soup with bread and margarine, cooked beans, pastas, etc, but there's other ways then with foods that are hot, cooked, fatty, spicy, salty, etc... there's some comfort, yang foods that are raw: dried fruits, seeds and nuts, sprouted grains, garlic, etc, so I might try that instead.

i do not eat honey, salt, oils, powders, out of shell nuts/seeds, garlic etc.

Very interesting. Because I was putting many tablespoons of powders, and non-organic powders (garlic, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, chili, curry, everything) on about everything I ate. Now I buy in smaller quantity and in better quality -- only the whole foods and if possible, organic (whole hot peppers, whole nutmegs, cinnamon sticks, garlic cloves, fresh herbs, etc) and therefore also consume less of them, or taste them in-depth.

You are on the right path for optimum, perfect health with superior nutrition my friend! far ahead from where I am right now but what I aim for in a not so distant future. It's good that you want to spread your knowledge about fitness, fruits and health to kids.

Keep it up!

That’s so interesting I’m Your Man because when I fell off the bandwagon of being raw, I went down the path of pea soup, bread and olive oil spread, then other soups with powdered spices, and also cooked beans – red kidney, white kidney, haricot - with hot chilli sauce. And that my friends is how I got fat. I’m back on track now, eating less, eating raw, getting fitter and slimmer!

australia is all about beef, bbq and beer. its australian culture to abuse your health.

So true.The fruit here is poor quality.Poorer countries like Thailand have it better.

I watch your videos all the time on youtube.Your a legend.What steps does it take to go stay in Thailand for a few months?I've started saving all the money i can for the last month because im done wasting my life away in a small town doing nothing.My passion is martial arts and i love thai boxing.So a trip to Thailand would be perfect.